Murderkill River, Delaware Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel, have you bought the BOctoWar remasters yet?

And no, I've found no suitable Oink replacement. :( I do find Sordo rather useful, though. Not torrents, admittedly, but a good source.

Nope, I saw them in JB Hi Fi, but I haven't really considered making the purchase yet. :shrug:

Don't buy them from JB. You'll fork out over $150, while Amazon's hocking them off for US$64. Our dollar's about on parity. I'll probably be ordering two, one for myself and one for the Maj. and splitting postage costs with him.

Don't buy them from JB. You'll fork out over $150, while Amazon's hocking them off for US$64. Our dollar's about on parity. I'll probably be ordering two, one for myself and one for the Maj. and splitting postage costs with him.

Ah Coolio, sounds like a plan. Well I'm not that mad keen, like I really really need to get them, so I'll probably give them a miss.....sign of the times :lol:

Ah Coolio, sounds like a plan. Well I'm not that mad keen, like I really really need to get them, so I'll probably give them a miss.....sign of the times :lol:

Don't want to jump in on what the Maj. and I are doing then? I think a third set wouldn't fuck me over at customs. Just checked it, and at the moment, the Maj. and I will each be paying AUS$75. In other words, less than half what you'd pay at JB! So much for Aussie music retailers. Ripoff merchants, more like it.

Honestly, if it were Achtung, Zooropa, and Pop, I'd be giving it a miss. But I love U2's early days, so I can dig this.

Haha, awesome. :up:

I've always wanted to get into using torrents but I just never have. I still have an old version of the P2P file-sharing system Ares that I use. And it works pretty damn well actually.

Can't claim credit for that one - some of the others have been using it previously on the Superthreads, though I forget who first coined it.

Torrents are pretty easy if you've 1. a good connection and 2. some computer competence. Nowadays, though, I prefer to use a site like Sordo with things uploaded to file transfer sites like Media Fire. It's even quicker and easier than torrents.

Don't want to jump in on what the Maj. and I are doing then? I think a third set wouldn't fuck me over at customs. Just checked it, and at the moment, the Maj. and I will each be paying AUS$75. In other words, less than half what you'd pay at JB! So much for Aussie music retailers. Ripoff merchants, more like it.

Honestly, if it were Achtung, Zooropa, and Pop, I'd be giving it a miss. But I love U2's early days, so I can dig this.

Hmmm, Nah I'll pass. I'll just download the extra tracks if I really want 'em. Thanks for the offer though. :up:

so has i missed anything good, so much for my plan to get anything i want to do done tonite !

Our quickest thread ever! Kilbrittain, Ireland was finished in 3 hours 36 minutes.

One day, we're going to visit Speed, Victoria (it's near Mildura) and make a concerted effort to finish it as quickly as we possibly can.

I can't imagine (and I was not around for the album listening thread on sunday) but how fast you guys could go through everything on a weekend :crazy:

Hmmm, Nah I'll pass. I'll just download the extra tracks if I really want 'em. Thanks for the offer though. :up:

Righto then. It's probably worth your while at least downloading Saturday Night, since it's an early Fire and it's interesting to see the song evolution there.

Hey Ax, earlier when we were listening to War you mentioned how easy the Edge's solo is to play. Well, I just looked up the tab to it and I have it down and perfected and it took me only about 5 minutes. And I'm playing it on an acoustic guitar!!!

I'm pretty excited for this and I can't wait to try it on my friend's Fender.

:hyper:

I can't imagine (and I was not around for the album listening thread on sunday) but how fast you guys could go through everything on a weekend :crazy:

The funny part is that when I got up yesterday, Broomrape Lane was crawling and I thought it would be a dead day on the threads. Then we got listening to Pop, and the activity of the last two days snowballed from there.

I reckon we can get through Speed, Victoria in under two hours.

Hey Ax, earlier when we were listening to War you mentioned how easy the Edge's solo is to play. Well, I just looked up the tab to it and I have it down and perfected and it took me only about 5 minutes. And I'm playing it on an acoustic guitar!!!

I'm pretty excited for this and I can't wait to try it on my friend's Fender.

:hyper:

:laugh: It's great, isn't it? Yet another reason to love New Year's Day. Simplicity works in a big way sometimes.

I've never learnt much of the rest of the song, though. The tab I used had the piano solo on guitar too, which was cool.

Righto then. It's probably worth your while at least downloading Saturday Night, since it's an early Fire and it's interesting to see the song evolution there.

I'm just looking for them now on torrents, so likely hood is I'll download them all anyways. I'll be looking forward to listening to some of the live clips, and the bsides.

I'm just looking for them now on torrents, so likely hood is I'll download them all anyways. I'll be looking forward to listening to some of the live clips, and the bsides.

Had you not heard all of the b-sides and stuff already?

And Jen, in our blindingly fast threads lately, it's just been lots of drooling over U2 music. Kind of odd for the Superthreads I suppose, but rediscovering Boy and October has been so worth it. :drool:

The funny part is that when I got up yesterday, Broomrape Lane was crawling and I thought it would be a dead day on the threads. Then we got listening to Pop, and the activity of the last two days snowballed from there.

I reckon we can get through Speed, Victoria in under two hours.

:laugh:

And when are we hitting Speed?

Had you not heard all of the b-sides and stuff already?

And Jen, in our blindingly fast threads lately, it's just been lots of drooling over U2 music. Kind of odd for the Superthreads I suppose, but rediscovering Boy and October has been so worth it. :drool:

Probably heard most of them, and I think you gave me a fair few when I got my external drive. But I never really listened to them, as the past two years has been pretty non U2 for me.

:laugh:

And when are we hitting Speed?

We need to arrange a time and date when a lot of us can be online, then we'll do it. Probably it'll be a Saturday or Sunday afternoon for us; Friday or Saturday night in the US.

Probably heard most of them, and I think you gave me a fair few when I got my external drive. But I never really listened to them, as the past two years has been pretty non U2 for me.

Ahh, right, I know what you mean. The last two days, I've probably listened to as much U2 as I've played in the last two MONTHS.

We need to arrange a time and date when a lot of us can be online, then we'll do it. Probably it'll be a Saturday or Sunday afternoon for us; Friday or Saturday night in the US.

Damn, I won't be around. I might be here on friday night again, but it depends on the rest of my weekends plans. I've got a 21st to head to this weekend.

Damn, I won't be around. I might be here on friday night again, but it depends on the rest of my weekends plans. I've got a 21st to head to this weekend.

Ah, right. Not sure if it'll be THIS coming weekend or another, really. Might even wait until Vazza's settled in Switzerland as it'd be good to have her in on it.

WTF ...Did someone say Showgayship?

2127024.jpg

a sunday is usually more of a chance for me to get in on thread stuff like a listening partay .

i liked angels too tied to the ground and saturday night :drool:

its always a thrill to get new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom