Murderkill River, Delaware Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, right. Not sure if it'll be THIS coming weekend or another, really. Might even wait until Vazza's settled in Switzerland as it'd be good to have her in on it.

Coolio. well i've no idea about the weekend after that either.

Is Vazza living in Switzerland for good now?, or a holiday/working holiday?

Coolio. well i've no idea about the weekend after that either.

Is Vazza living in Switzerland for good now?, or a holiday/working holiday?

No, I think she's just working there for a few months. She gets there sometime in September.

And what the hell is that picture?

a sunday is usually more of a chance for me to get in on thread stuff like a listening partay .

i liked angels too tied to the ground and saturday night :drool:

its always a thrill to get new stuff

Saturday Night was pretty cool, and Angels Too Tied was stylistically surprising - I can see why it didn't fit on War, and I'd swear the vocals are modern. Maybe some of the "ooh ooh" sort of vocals were from War, but the vast bulk sound like they were only just recorded.

:wink:

Even so, its all for the off the field crap, like the drink driving incident that happed sunday night, for fucks sake, the players should know they can't do any of that stuff, they're public figures.

Oh god, I can't even be bothered keeping up with that. Often, yes, the guys are idiots and deserve to be chastised, but the bullshit moralising (and the bullshit "leave them alone!" responses too) irritate me. There are people fucking dying in wars and natural disasters and stuff. This isn't news!

Hey Reggo! :wave:

You missed Superthread insanity the last couple of days.

Oh god, I can't even be bothered keeping up with that. Often, yes, the guys are idiots and deserve to be chastised, but the bullshit moralising (and the bullshit "leave them alone!" responses too) irritate me. There are people fucking dying in wars and natural disasters and stuff. This isn't news!

Exactly, yeah they were drink driving, yeah they shouldn't do it, and reality, lets be honest....If I was out drink driving, orrr...involved with a shooting of an underworld figure, or whatever, I would probably loose my job.....these guys can get away with it?....in the long term of things, you're right its not news at all.

Its like when Channel 7 & 9 news a few Sunday ago LEAD!...thats right, LEAD the news with Patty Newton's hand bag stolen from Chadstone shopping center, for fucks sake!

Hey Ax and Danny.

I was dealing with a hangover all day yesterday, so I guess I'll have to read back later. Any Highlights?

Exactly, yeah they were drink driving, yeah they shouldn't do it, and reality, lets be honest....If I was out drink driving, orrr...involved with a shooting of an underworld figure, or whatever, I would probably loose my job.....these guys can get away with it?....in the long term of things, you're right its not news at all.

Its like when Channel 7 & 9 news a few Sunday ago LEAD!...thats right, LEAD the news with Patty Newton's hand bag stolen from Chadstone shopping center, for fucks sake!

Yeah, clearly they were dickheads and should be called as being dickheads. But it's not headline news. Maybe a footnote in the sports report. But the headlines should be reserved for news that MATTERS.

Fuck 7 and 9. SBS is the only network that shows even vaguely worthwhile news.

Hey Ax and Danny.

I was dealing with a hangover all day yesterday, so I guess I'll ahv eto read abck later. Any Highlights?

No real highlights per se, just A LOT of posting. We listened to a bunch of U2 albums together and knocked off the One Tree Hill, Auckland thread in exactly four hours yesterday, then repeated the dose today by knocking off Kilbrittain, Ireland in 3 hours 36 minutes.

No real highlights per se, just A LOT of posting. We listened to a bunch of U2 albums together and knocked off the One Tree Hill, Auckland thread in exactly four hours yesterday, then repeated the dose today by knocking off Kilbrittain, Ireland in 3 hours 36 minutes.
Cool. :up:

I drank excessively Saturday night. Don't remember much of it, but it apparently entertained the neighbourhood kids. I am now a legend with them too.

Cool. :up:

I drank excessively Saturday night. Don't remember much of it, but it apparently entertained the neighbourhood kids. I am now a legend with them too.

:laugh: What do you remember, any good stories? You should've come on here and treated us to some more drunkposting. :wink:

Fuck 7 and 9. SBS is the only network that shows even vaguely worthwhile news.

I don't watch the news because of 7, 9, occasionally watch channel 10's late news because its bundled with Sports Tonight, but thats about it.

I really wish I could afford Pay TV.....urgh......I need my sport!

I don't watch the news because of 7, 9, occasionally watch channel 10's late news because its bundled with Sports Tonight, but thats about it.

I really wish I could afford Pay TV.....urgh......I need my sport!

On principle, I won't get pay TV because I don't want to fork out for stupid channels I don't want. I'd pay $10 a month for the sports channels I'd like, but if Fuxtel are happier getting $0 a month from me than $10, that's their own shitty business model!

I just need to find people to watch the rugby with at a pub.

:laugh: What do you remember, any good stories? You should've come on here and treated us to some more drunkposting. :wink:
Hmm....What DO I remember? :hmm:

:scratch:

Oh, okay. This was only on my first shot of Irish whiskey and my second margarita. (I ended up having two shots, 5 margaritas, and 2 beers. I was fucking TRASHED) I was out drinking with my friend Morgan and her husband and one of Morgan's friends asked Kevin (her husband) if he was keeping a handle on all these women and Morgan says, "He can barely keep a handle on his wife." And I said, "I thought you were going to end that sentence differently." And brought lulz to me and her for about 5 minutes.

I also need to go to bed. Night Folks, its been another busy day for me, at least 250+ Posts :crazy: Perhaps I should actually do some work tomorrow!

Pfft. Work is overrated.

Night*, Danny.

*Took me 4 tries to spell that right. You guys may get some residual drunkenness postings.

:laugh:, Reggo. You should've seen ME get drunk! It was a complete fucking non-event. I drank A WHOLE BOTTLE OF WINE IN THREE HOURS on Saturday night and the worst thing that happened is that one of my posts had two typos in it. Talk about disappointing. No hangover yesterday either, so at least things worked out there.

And have a good night, Daniel! :wave:

:laugh:, Reggo. You should've seen ME get drunk! It was a complete fucking non-event. I drank A WHOLE BOTTLE OF WINE IN THREE HOURS on Saturday night and the worst thing that happened is that one of my posts had two typos in it. Talk about disappointing. No hangover yesterday either, so at least things worked out there.

And have a good night, Daniel! :wave:
I must be one of those epic drinkers, I guess. Me and Derek need to get drunk together. I'm jsut afriad of ahnds and lips doing things they shouldn't.

I'm a dull drinker. All I'm afraid I'll do is bore somebody to death by going on about something stupid and nerdy, or that I'll talk too loudly. I was yelling at the rugby a lot even when I was saying things that didn't need to be yelled and sounded ludicrous at high volume. :lol:

I'm a dull drinker. All I'm afraid I'll do is bore somebody to death by going on about something stupid and nerdy, or that I'll talk too loudly. I was yelling at the rugby a lot even when I was saying things that didn't need to be yelled and sounded ludicrous at high volume. :lol:
:lmao: Bu tbeoing loud and obnoxious is part of being drunk!

Oh, I remember something else I said. I was plastered and mym moom was amd at am e for "acting:" too drunk and I said, "I'm not acting. I'm a lightweight."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom