Mumbai, India Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit people, the moon outside is a crescent, and there are two stars above it, making a smiley face!!!!!!! :happy:

I even took a blurry photo:

DSC00070.jpg

Shit, the universe and the Internet have just become one.

Oh boy...

Smiley face will appear in tonight's sky | theage.com.au

Is it a flying saucer? Is it a runaway intergalactic missile? No, it's just a smiley face.

On Monday night Venus, Jupiter and a three-day-old crescent Moon, will appear as a smiley face above the western horizon.

The unusual astronomical event will be close enough to see with the naked eye, any time from 9pm onwards.

But if you miss it, you will have to wait another five years before the formation appears again.

I just wish it was Mars and Uranus, for the lame joke potential.

Venus and Uranus would allow us to make lame jokes about U2 going up their own arse.

Not that they've made any prog rock or Radiohead albums to justify such a comment, though.

Is it really Jupiter? The brighter one would likely be Venus, you can see that anytime, but I don't think you can see Jupiter.

Anyway, what do I care? The Earth is fucking flat!

I mean, I'm already in I Don't Know Why...I Think It's Perfect with Rob, I have that shoegaze project called Sunshore, apparently Ashley's helping me make Mountaingoathunter a reality, and now U-Wen's running off to do Brew Fist with Bonnie?

WHEN WILL PHAIL RELEASE ANY MUSIC.

I mean, I'm already in I Don't Know Why...I Think It's Perfect with Rob, I have that shoegaze project called Sunshore, apparently Ashley's helping me make Mountaingoathunter a reality, and now U-Wen's running off to do Brew Fist with Bonnie?

WHEN WILL PHAIL RELEASE ANY MUSIC.

Mountaingoathunter? What's this one?

And oh geez I really want to hear some Sunshore. You need an obligatory female backing vocalist, can I join?

Oh yeah, speaking of Phail, apparently we can book a music practice room at RMIT. It comes with all the technical things and musical equipment....

EXCEPT A DRUM KIT.

EPIC PHAIL

Mountaingoathunter? What's this one?

And oh geez I really want to hear some Sunshore. You need an obligatory female backing vocalist, can I join?

Mountaingoathunter was earlier in this thread. :tsk:

I think I'll check out these Deerhunter people

Meanwhile, I might check out Mountaingoathunter.

If it doesn't exist, I'll make it exist.

I'll help you make this happen.

And I kind of need effects gear that can make shoegazy sounds come out of my guitar first, but yeah, you can be in Sunshore!

I actually know what song that was Ax...

How the HELL did you figure that out?

Well, at least you can recognise Australia's REAL national anthem when you see it.

Oh yeah, speaking of Phail, apparently we can book a music practice room at RMIT. It comes with all the technical things and musical equipment....

EXCEPT A DRUM KIT.

EPIC PHAIL

I laughed out loud. With bitterness.

Maybe we really should just use some hardback books at my place as drums ...

How the HELL did you figure that out?

Well, at least you can recognise Australia's REAL national anthem when you see it.

It was hard, but I got those last two words, so then it kinda all fell into place.

In other news, perhaps to my great embarrassment, I have suddenly found myself fucking excited for the new album. I just listened to that clip again, and...there's potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom