Multiple users feature on the computer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
Once a user profile has been created is there a way to delete it?? I can't find anything that says how to or if I can. Help!

------------------
"It's all about drums."

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Does anyone know? *wonders if she'll get a real answer or not*
frown.gif

You actually expected a real answer from the goofballs around here?
biggrin.gif

*has no idea what the real answer is either...*
tongue.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

It's Windows 98 and since I'm at work I can't remember off the top of my head where the multiple users feature is exactly...I'll look it up if you can't find it first....

Ok Clarity, I hope this helps. If its Windows in general, go to your start bar. In the help it has a button to automatically take you there. Go to the tab that has index though to look for it. Type in Multiple User

It will bring up a box that has this typed in it (usual help tool box thingy)

"To enable multiple users to personalize settings

1 Click here [box] to display Passwords properties.

2 Click User Profiles.
3 Make sure the second option, that users can customize their desktop settings, is checked.
The next person who logs on to Windows can change settings without affecting the settings you prefer. The next time you log on, your settings will be restored.

I only have 95, but it should be quite similar.

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Ok Clarity, I hope this helps. If its Windows in general, go to your start bar. In the help it has a button to automatically take you there. Go to the tab that has index though to look for it. Type in Multiple User

It will bring up a box that has this typed in it (usual help tool box thingy)

"To enable multiple users to personalize settings

1 Click here [box] to display Passwords properties.

2 Click User Profiles.
3 Make sure the second option, that users can customize their desktop settings, is checked.
The next person who logs on to Windows can change settings without affecting the settings you prefer. The next time you log on, your settings will be restored.

I only have 95, but it should be quite similar.

The thing of it is, is that my ex set up his profile on there...and every time the computer is turned on a dialog box comes up asking to enter his password to start his settings up. This is the most annoying thing ever! I'll give it a shot though and see if that works....hopefully that doesn't make it worse!

Back
Top Bottom