Mullholand Drive?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
I only just saw this movie on video the other day- does anyone at all know what this movie was about, I swear David Lynch just keeps getting wierder and wierder- what did everything in that movie mean- thoughts, opinions?????:)

shit, I saw this a few months ago, i think it was about the innocent blonde (naomi watts) trying to have that brunnette killed, but she didnt die... i forget, all i remember was that amazing lesbian scene! best ever by legitimate hollywood actresses

what was with that scene where they went to that bizarre play in the middle of the night??

Loved it!
no idea what the thing was about! but that's why i love Lynch i never go in expecting to understand it, i think i apreciate it on another level.
i am a big twin peaks fan, i rented the whole set from the vid shop and wasted 3 days of my life, well not wasted but there was not allot of sunlight
that lesbo scene was good, infact kick ass

The Wanderer said:
shit, I saw this a few months ago, i think it was about the innocent blonde (naomi watts) trying to have that brunnette killed, but she didnt die...

I just watched it last night, totally amazing film, though I still cant work it all out, how all the characters intertwine etc. and those weird scenes with the two mad old people (from the airport)

But I think you're right, the story starts with Diane and Camilla sleeping together in her house, and when Camilla leaves her for the movie director, Diane plots to have her killed, though how the hell they end up in the same house again confuses me, and the thing with the blue key and the little box and everything!
Really one of those films to get you thinking/talking, I thought it was great :)

David Lynch's 10 Clues To Unlocking This Thriller

1. Pay particular attention in the beginning of the film; at least two clues are revealed before the credits
2. Notice appearances of the red lampshade
3. Can you hear the title of the film that Adam Kesher is auditioning actresses for? Is it mentioned again?
4. An accident is a terrible event...notice the location of the acccident.
5. Who gives a key and why?
6. Notice the robe, the ashtray, the coffee cup.
7. What is felt, realized and gathered at club Silencio?
8. Did talent alone help Camilla?
9. Note the occurences surrounding the man behind Winkies.
10. Where is Aunt Ruth?

Loved it !

I loved this movie...My favourite Lynch movie so far. (Sorry but I HATE "Blue Velvet" but love "Lost Highway" and "The Elephant Man"...still haven't seen "Dune" and his other flicks though :()

About the lesbian scene: My guy friend really appreciated it. :lol:

Oz for a better understanding of the movie Click here.

*spoiler*

You actually have to flip the movie a bit. he messes with the time frame. so the second half of the movie after the singer guy is the beginning. The blonde gets pissed at the brunette and has her killed. Then the first half of the movie is the blonde having a dream about the car crash not killing the brunette and what would happen if they were able to start over, making things unfamiliar and the blonde feel less guilty. still don't understand the little old people.

hmm...have to see that movie again.

I read that Salon.com article right after I saw the film last winter and it really helped out a lot.

Thanks for posting the David Lynch clues. That makes me look at the film in a new perspective. For example: I didn't think that Aunt Ruth mattered, but since he mentioned her whereabouts as a clue, I should investigate some more.

Me and my mates read the same article Naya referred to and that did indeed help alot, but the film is a bit too much, too complicated, for me to class it as a classic! I mean, tot toally enjoy it and understand it you gotta go into Lynch's mind like salon.com did, there should be no need for that! But it is very original, and I guess you could call it art, can't say that for many movies!

Back
Top Bottom