MTV2's "Album Covers"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeadsOnSticks

New Yorker
ok, so mtv2 has a new show due in february called "album covers." the concept? young bands pick an old record and perform it in it's entirety. dashboard confessional helms the first show, and picked r.e.m.'s "automatic for the people." "we grew up on that record" says singer chris carrabba. michael stipe even sat in with them on "drive" and then surprised the crowd by dueting with carrabba on dashboard's "hands down."

ok, so i'm really really hoping this turns out to be an interesting show, and not just an opportunity to completely damage a masterpeice of an album. :shrug:

Last edited:
its tough for me to form an opinion really, since i am not so familiar with dashboard's work. but i am surprised. to attempt to cover a classic like automatic for the people is quite bold. i will be interested in hearing the results.

and anyway, if they butcher it, stipe deserves it. :wink:

u2popmofo said:
HOS and I will like it

:up:

i sure hope so mr. mofo.
if not, i will hunt down mr. carrabba and neuter him.

he is about to fuck with my favorite REM song: "Find The RIver"

HeadsOnSticks said:

i sure hope so mr. mofo.
if not, i will hunt down mr. carrabba and neuter him.

I'm pretty sure that's unnecessarry....

:wink:

Who's worse, the neutered, or those who are fans of the neutered?

Shall we proceed with our own schedule ideas? How about Tori Amos doing Joni Mitchell's "Blue." :hyper:

nice one.

i say:

blur doing all mod cons by the jam
or
blur doing slanted and enchanted

I know they're not a "young band," but I'd like to see Radiohead do an album...any suggestions?

HeartlandGirl said:
I know they're not a "young band," but I'd like to see Radiohead do an album...any suggestions?

Neither is Tori but I figured she w/Joni still fits the concept.

Radiohead...would "Dark Side of the Moon" be too obvious?

joyfulgirl said:

Neither is Tori but I figured she w/Joni still fits the concept.

Radiohead...would "Dark Side of the Moon" be too obvious?

only slightly.

i think they should cover something like, ummm, maybe...

surfer rosa/doolittle...the pixies

or is that too obvious???

I'd like to see Radiohead doing any Smiths album.

How about Interpol doing a Cure album?

hmmmm....

i'd really like to hear ryan adams do the strokes "is this it"
i heard he recorded all the songs on the album and keeps it in his private collection. now THAT would be dope!

or

counting crows covering anything by cracker/camper van beethoven

you know, i saw this show on CMT a while ago. it was elvis costello & lucinda williams covering each other's songs together. wicked genius idea i tell ya!

HeadsOnSticks said:
you know, i saw this show on CMT a while ago. it was elvis costello & lucinda williams covering each other's songs together. wicked genius idea i tell ya!

Yeah, Ryan Adams did an episode with Elton John a while (two years?) back. I think it's called "Crossroads."

meegannie said:

Yeah, Ryan Adams did an episode with Elton John a while (two years?) back. I think it's called "Crossroads."

oh that's right. good memory!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom