Mtv Video Music Awards Tonight-Comment Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank Jesus Hewson Bacon my roomie brought a TV :)

I'm watchin fer Sheryl and Bruce.

Apparently the most anticipated performance of the evening is gonna be Justin's solo performance?

He thinks he's MJ :huh:

oh great, we need more bands that think its still cool to look like their in their 70s.

at least the hives, strokes, whitestripes and vines dont sound the same.

sorry popgirl, but springsteen is the only reason this event isnt the most laughable excuse of popular music. well wait - it still is.

oh and the hives are alright to a degree...if all their songs didnt sound the same.

the white stripes...same thing.

whatever, thats just my opinion, its nothing more than one either.

it's ok bear, i forgive you for now....julian casablancas will end you instead

I'm using shiftysteve smiley in honor of BROOOOOOOOOOCE.

God, it was GREAT. They were first up, it was raining, he looked hot (so did my guy Steve, haha :shifty:), Jimmy's on now and I'm going to explode from all of the hotness.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

_______
:wave: ok, im like total teenybopper these days, wtf? lol

1. Loved Bruce's shirt :yes:

2. Bruce & the ESB blows everyone else out of the water (and they're the first act!!!)

3. Thank goodness they didn't perform at Radio City Music Hall :yes:

4. Jimmy Fallon was hilarious :laugh:

5. Michael Jackson is SO bizarre :huh:

I have an urge to post hot Bruce pics.

La la la.....:angel:

bruce_springsteen.jpg

bruce.jpg

springsteen.jpg

"HEY BABY!"

Ok, I'll try and refrain for the rest of the evening. I'm hyped up now or something. I'll take a downer, lol.

Last edited:
BROOOCE! I'm so glad he and the E-Streeters were the opening act. Now I don't have to sit through a bunch of crappy "artists" just to see them. As far as I'm concerned, the rest of the VMAs aren't even worth watching - so I'm not.

unfortunately missed Brooce:mad:

has anyone noticed how slick this years show looks? Unlike in years past, everything looks more like a rock movie than a television show. The camera angles and lighting, the cuts, everything reminds me of the Elevation DVD.

If Jimmy Fallon drops any more Guns N Roses hints, and they're not there, I will be very very angry. I will hunt him and make him do something bad. I don't know what. Just bad

Eminem really showed his ass tonight. Not that it's a surprise or anything. But there is no need to pick a fight from the stage with someone who has never even hurt your career or you personally. :tsk:

You'd think Em could just cheer up and enjoy his moment. It's not going to last. But he was sour jerk the whole show. Lame. But, like I said, it's not a surprise.

These celebrities need to relish the wonderful and odd life that they have, that most of us will never know.

And for Jennifer Diva Lopez to still claim the Bronx and hip-hop as her heart, but yet fly all around the world with her pretty actor boyfriend and stay at the best hotels is just shameful. Sure, enjoy your wealth. But, don't rely on a type of music from poor urban areas as your career starter or touchtone. :rant:

/rant.

Sorry for the rant.

Again, none of the above is a surprise. The only surprise at the mo is me still typing about this nonsence. Goodnight.

Oh.. and Justin Timberlake? :banghead: :yuck:

I still cant fucking believe I missed GNR... I know it'll show again 10000 times this weekend and whatnot... but I would have loved to have seen that.

By the way... it doesnt get any worse than this:
christinaflip.jpg

Or this
britneyflip.jpg

They should take lessons from this:

gwenflip.jpg

She may look a little whacky sometimes, but she never belittles herself!!!

Bruce could of like combed his hair or something, shaved and maybe buttoned up and ironed his shirt.

_____
:silent: *runs away from sis

BTW... Anyone else notice this?

The Vines' drummer, David Olliffe, was wearing a red shirt with "CCCP" on it. For those not in the know, "CCCP" is the Russian acronym for the USSR, the Soviet Union.

I honestly see little real difference between the evil that was Nazism and the evil that is Communism (is, lest we forget Cuba and China). Yet, I think the Soviet Union is much less reviled by the popular culture - and one wonders why.

(One also has one's theories.)

Don't believe me? Imagine if the drummer's tee-shirt had a swastika.

Achtung Bubba said:
I honestly see little real difference between the evil that was Nazism and the evil that is Communism (is, lest we forget Cuba and China). Yet, I think the Soviet Union is much less reviled by the popular culture - and one wonders why.

I think this subject is better discussed in another forum (FYM), but I will say only this: the difference is about 20 million lives (and no, stalinism is no communism).

C ya!

Marty (who didn't watch the VMA's because he was already sleeping at 2:00 AM, maybe this weekend)

Back
Top Bottom