Mtv Video Music Awards Tonight-Comment Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What was with the film they used to film the award show? It was like watching a movie, it was weird and I think I got dizzy.

Jimmy Fallon was great, some of his stuff was eh..

Glad to see N'Sync didn't win anything!!!
I think it's safe to say the boy band era is over!

Eminem is an ass. But hey, that's what happens when "mommy doesn't pay attention to you as a child" Yeah, he has issues, too bad he deals with them publicaly.

David Lee Roth is sad. The 80's are long gone buddy.

The Vines performance was better than their Late Show With David Letterman performance.

I dig the Hives, they're rock and roll.

GNR was great, I guess, nice to see them, but it seemed like they just had to churn out the hits so people would remember who they were. Axl's voice has gone to hell. I cringed.

People shouldn't rag on The White Stripes, they're a lot better than most of the bands that are getting popular now due to this 70's new york rock revival. I think it's cool how it'sjust the girl and the guy, and they don't dress like how everyone else is dressing (Like thrift store fashion). I think they'll be around for a while, while others will fade away.

Last edited:
david said:
Glad to see N'Sync didn't win anything!!!
I think it's safe to say the boy band era is over!

That said, did Britney win anything? Or is she still the 'artist' without any MTV award? As I said above, I haven't seen the show here in Europe, so I can still be hoping that some 'artists' don't win anything.

C ya!

Marty

Didn't miss much

I currently am watching the replay of the VMA's 'cause I had to work late...and I'm writing a mini-paper, and switching the channel back and forth between that and "The Great White Hype", because it is such a hillarious movie...this whole thing seems like a wash to me...nothing good on it at all. That whole Vines/Hives performance was horrible, neither band is worth their salt sorta speak...and upon watching a couple of secs of the "solo" Justin performance, I realized that one of his backup dancers looks like DMX. Thats all for now.

HelloAngel said:

And for Jennifer Diva Lopez to still claim the Bronx and hip-hop as her heart, but yet fly all around the world with her pretty actor boyfriend and stay at the best hotels is just shameful. Sure, enjoy your wealth. But, don't rely on a type of music from poor urban areas as your career starter or touchtone. :rant:

I agree with you on that one! Jennifer Lopez comes from my neighborhood which I can assure you is NOT a poor urban area. She went to the same private catholic high school I did which is in the best area of the bronx, and is one of the most expensive H.S's in the bronx.

I've always hated that she "claimed" to have grown up in the projects....She should know better than to lie like that when so many of her family and friends and people like me know that its an outright lie.:rant:

As for the rest of the show I flipped to it maybe once or twice and the only thing I enjoyed was the film they used. It did look like a movie or something.

And I had NO IDEA that GnR were playing otherwise I may have tuned in. That's alright, MTV is going to re-run it a gazillion times now anyway so I'll catch it one day.

Sicy said:
Bubba this isnt fym.

Indeed, but nor did my post belong in EYM - despite Popmartijn's insistence to the contrary.

This thread, which clearly belongs in the Lemonade Stand, is devoted to comments about the MTV VMA's - and MY POST WAS SUCH A COMMENT.

Or am I not allowed to discuss politics or religion in other forums, regardless of how they intersect with U2's music or with the fashion sense (or lack thereof) of some schmuck on an awards show?

Bubba

Oh Geez, there is SO MUCH CRAP MUSIC its not even funny! The only performances that I liked were:

Bruccce
The Hives
The Vines

All of the other stuff was PURE CRAP! I cant believe the state of the music scene right now!

I want some RNR! NOT POP OR HIP HOP!

COME ON SOMEONE!

Just a few thoughts on the VMAs. I have been watching them since I was in grade school and that had to be the worst show yet.

*I think they used film instead of video to shoot the show. I didn't care for it. It made it seem like people were lip synching, or like the whole show was pre-recorded.

*Moby is such a class act. Eminem needs to see a psychiatrist. I was glad when he got booed.

*Justin Timberlake = Michael Jackson wannabe

*GNR = Like I said in the other thread, I was embarrassed to even watch that. Axl sounded like he hadn't sung on stage in awhile, all out of breath from minimal dancing around. The rest of the band looked like morons. In no way is wearing a Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket on your head cool in my book. I want the old band or nothing after seeing that last night.

*I'm glad Mary J. Blige won, and No Doubt, and the White Stripes.

*Vines vs. Hives. They both sounded like ass, imho. I don't understand this new trend of playing music where you barely sound like you know how to play your instruments and you don't really sing, you just kind of scream.

*Britney and Christina looked incredibly trashy.

Well, these are just my opinions. Sorry to diss anyone's favorite band. Judging by last night's show, U2 really are the last of the rock stars (and maybe Bruce) ;) . I know I said a lot of negative stuff, but like I said, I've seen almost every VMA, and that one was pretty bad. Sorry to :rant: so much!

She ls Raging said:
By the way... it doesnt get any worse than this:
christinaflip.jpg

Or this
britneyflip.jpg

:huh:

Anybody got pics of Kylie? She looked cute.

Bruce actually played a full half set last night:

I posted this under "Me and Springsteen in the rain last night."

I was there - it was better than staying in and watching the VMA's. GnR was **interesting** thought.

I think Axl has had one too many hamburgers though...

As I was watching Avril, Michelle, and Miss Bite Me (whoever the hell she was), I wondered if they watch those "Where Are They Now" shows that VH-1 likes to show. These girls are so full of themselves, and really don't have much talent. They, too, will go the way of Tiffany. We'll watch the show 7 years from now and say, "Oh, I remember her! I always wondered what happened to her." Invest wisely, girls.

martha said:
As I was watching Avril, Michelle, and Miss Bite Me (whoever the hell she was), I wondered if they watch those "Where Are They Now" shows that VH-1 likes to show. These girls are so full of themselves, and really don't have much talent. They, too, will go the way of Tiffany. We'll watch the show 7 years from now and say, "Oh, I remember her! I always wondered what happened to her." Invest wisely, girls.

lol...FYI, MissBiteMe was Lisa Marie Presley

Wow Eminem is sooooo cooOOooOOOl. okay, sarcasm off. Someone should have kicked Eminems ass, and in the process kept slapping him upside the head asking him "What's the matter, mommy didn't love you enough???"

kylie's poor face looks like it's melting...

Sicy said:
Bruce could of like combed his hair or something, shaved and maybe buttoned up and ironed his shirt.

_____
:silent: *runs away from sis

Eminem needs a big swift kick in the ass...wtf? He can't take a little ribbing from a PUPPET? :coocoo: I hope his 15 minutes are up soon.

_____
:laugh: he's 52, he has nice man cleavage, let's just all be happy he can still rock out, lol

Last edited:
all i have to say, is wtf is up with christina aguillera (and i'm not talking about how she was dressed)?! i don't know if any of you actually listened to her speak (especially during mtv's pre-show interview). wtf?! the pastey white girl thinks she came from the hood now! seriously, she talks all ghetto now. lmao! i was piss-in-my-pants laughing listening to her speak. it's like, sorry christina, this new, phony image isn't going to help your sorry-ass career. i mean, really, here's a girl who should have learned from mariah carrey's past mistakes (taking off all her clothes and hanging out with rapper thugs) which clearly brought her career and sanity to a halt.

Last edited:
Zoomerang96 said:

oh and the hives are alright to a degree...if all their songs didnt sound the same.

the white stripes...same thing.

whatever, thats just my opinion, its nothing more than one either.

the white stripes album is very diverse. the songs sound verry different. the hives-some songs sound kind of the same..but most sound different. I like both bands alot. the hives a little better. they are not to be taken seriously. I mean when Pelle said "I know you want to hear more from us, but they wont let us play more, so you can turn off the tv now" lol :laugh: awesome.

TripThruUreWires said:
all i have to say, is wtf is up with christina aguillera (and i'm not talking about how she was dressed)?! i don't know if any of you actually listened to her speak (especially during mtv's pre-show interview). wtf?! the pastey white girl thinks she came from the hood now! seriously, she talks all ghetto now. lmao! i was piss-in-my-pants laughing listening to her speak. it's like, sorry christina, this new, phony image isn't going to help your sorry-ass career. i mean, really, here's a girl who should have learned from mariah carrey's past mistakes (taking off all her clothes and hanging out with rapper thugs) which clearly brought her career and sanity to a halt.

3353%3A84%3B23232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E23233347%3A87%3C2ot1lsi

hmmm awards shows!!!! the seem to be getting worse and worse each year, I loved reading all of your comments on this show and seriously some of those pics were just the funniest things, so here is my summation of the show- going on what I have read here- the show will probably be shown here in Australia sometime in the next week........

good to see the Vines there cause they are Aussie

Eminem has just comfirmed to myself and I am sure to most people who enjoy decent and 'real' music that he is an even bigger wanker than previously though of

is that tatoo on Pink's shoulder and arm real???

why women want to look like tarts is beyond me

Michael Jackson still look odd

Axl looks larger and older

there is too much crap music (r and b and pop) out there and for some strange reason some people think that this is good and then these people get awards for the drivel that they make, which they call music and then next year there is a whole heap of new drivel being given awards, it is just one never ending circle :scratch:

WHAT THE F@#$$%!!!!!! :censored:

:no: :rant: :angry: :silent: :banghead:

I only got to watch the 'full' show today. As an European (and somebody who has to work during the day) I didn't see the show Thursday (as it started at 2:00 AM or something like that). I couldn't see it Friday evening (for me the football game of Feyenoord was more important) and Saturday I missed the beginning. So today I could finally watch it from the beginning, or so I thought...

WHERE WAS BRUCE?!?!?

I thought he opened the show. Then why did the F#%^%@ING MTV Netherlands not show him? Why cut him out and not Ja Rule or some other no-talented dipshit? I mean, Bruce has had a #1 album very recently, his concert sold out last Saturday in 10 minutes (and I've got tickets! YEAH BABY! :) ) and then they cut him out!

I thought Jimmy Fallon's opening act was quite hilarious (rapping in his 'Eminem'-bit something like 'This is the only time you see music on MTV'), but the bozo's at MTV thought that there was maybe too much music during the awards, so they dropped Springsteen. Jeez, well thank you.... :mad:

Marty

Back
Top Bottom