MTV Video Music Awards 2004

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can I be the first one who says: Who cares?

Just saw the list of nominees. Most of the original videos that were nominated (Jet, The Darkness, The White Stripes) were not in the major categories. And being European, there are still some I haven't seen.
I don't know the 99 Problems video by Jay-Z, but my pick for Video Of The Year is Hey Ya! by Outkast. While not a wholly original idea (I remember videos by Wings & Phil Collins which had the same setup), it's nicely executed. And the song is damn catchy!

C ya!

Marty

I'm just glad the White Stripes were nominated along with Franz Ferdinand (I believe). Other than that, I could care less about the rest of them - but then again, I think I'm at the tail end of the intended audience. :shrug:

I figured most people wouldn't care that much, hence the :|

But I did figure people might want to complain about them... :wink:

Edit: I just looked through the entire list of nominees at mtv.com. A couple nods to The Darkness, Franz Ferdinand, and Modest Mouse, but otherwise, not much that interests me. I watch quite a few videos, both on MTV2 and Launch, and it seems to me that there are so many creative videos being overlooked. All so D-12 and Usher can be nominated for Best Video of the Year. Boo. :down:

Last edited:
i'm interested in seeing more hot girls kiss. i hope that the awards will contain some of that :p

The nominations don't surprise me :p

Yeah, I saw this list a few days ago. Pretty much the only nominations I really care about any more is the MTV2 and best new artist/band award. All the others are hopeless.

Back
Top Bottom