MTV to Unveil Revamped Channel at Halftime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkdominatr

Refugee
NEW YORK - This year, the only thing MTV is exposing during the Super Bowl halftime is a revamped network.
After producing the infamous Janet Jackson halftime show last year, MTV will launch a new look to its sister station, MTV2, during the Feb. 6 game break. MTV and MTV2 will both air a preview special of MTV2, featuring a combination of music, shows and random content aimed at young males.

"Our audience is looking for an alternative to the Super Bowl halftime show and we felt that the new MTV2 fit the bill perfectly," said Van Toffler, president of the MTV Networks Group.

The official halftime show on the Fox broadcast will star Paul McCartney. Last year's show, produced by MTV, resulted in widespread criticism after Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction."

MTV2, a network showing mostly videos since 1996, will launch a new format at midnight on Feb. 7. The new MTV2 is composed of music videos, new shows, graphics and random clips "that have been scoured from the Internet, old B-movies and the public service dustbin."

Idont know about anyone here, but im one of the people they're targeting and i would much rather turn on the food network for my halftime entertainment then mtv. but sir paul will put on a great show, and be sure to catch john forgerty before the game.

blah sounds like mtv2 is going the way of mtv. Why dont they just take the m off cuz it's not music television any longer...it's stupid show television.

boooooooo@mtv

leave mtv2 alone! shit, that's why i have it is to watch videos! imagine that.

mkdominatr said:
MTV and MTV2 will both air a preview special of MTV2, featuring a combination of music, shows and random content aimed at young males...Last year's show, produced by MTV, resulted in widespread criticism after Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction."

Riiight. Because young males just HATE it when girls flash their boobs on TV. :rolleyes:

Bono's shades said:
I'll bet $1,000 the revamped MTV2 won't include Subterranean, the only thing on there still worth watching. :mad:

I know. That's what I was thinking. I love Subterranean. :angry:

The only thing that will make this a good thing is if they get rid of both Simpsons shows, TRL, all those dumb reality shows aimed at pissing people off, and start playing something besides hip-hop again.

MTV2 is actually alright. MTV needs to change.

Back
Top Bottom