MTV , MTV2, MTVJ, and MT-whatever in the fuck-they can all suck it - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2002, 11:12 AM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 06:30 AM
how many friggin mtvs are there...mtv2 was aight the last time i watched it, but that was like at 2 in the morn...much music does kick mtvs ass...

Old 05-16-2002, 11:49 AM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie:
I noticed that last night too. I'm hoping it's just a special thing this week. "Control Freak" is always annoying because the one good video never wins and a lot of times they'll put two really good videos videos against each other so the bad video wins. I can't stand the VJ girl who co-hosts that hip-hop, rap top videos show. She's so obnoxious, always screaming....grrr....They do have a rock show, but it's one of those top videos things too, so it's all worn-out stuff that you're seeing for the 10,000,000th time. The only really good thing about MTV2 is "120 Minutes," but a lot of times they just play the same videos week after week, or they premier a great video and never show it again. Not that I'm bitter....

Yep, I'm "not bitter" right along with you. It seems everytime I switch Mtv2 on these days all it has on it is rap shit. I am so fucking tired of seeing it, I thought when we got Mtv2 we'd get somethig decent. But z muscle is right, once again the rap crap is taking over. I can't believe that so many more people like that shit than people who like good stuff.

This is why I've become so addicted to the cartoon network.

------------------
Let's pray for something
To feel good in the morning

Old 05-16-2002, 12:48 PM   #18
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:30 AM
i have two mtv2's on my cable? one of them is that horrible rap stuff like 24/7 (control freak, etc.) however, the other one shows rock, etc. sometimes. i've flipped from one to the other and they are *not* the same thing. yet both show "mtv2" in the upper right corner and say it in the listings. oh, and they always both have the same stuff on according to my cable.

when they were doing the U2 marathon thingie, all but one time it was on the rap mtv2, while the last time it was showed it was on the other mtv2. wtf?

------------------
i like the highlife and the lowlife. it's just the bit in between i find boring.
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth
Old 05-16-2002, 12:54 PM   #19
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes:
when they were doing the U2 marathon thingie, all but one time it was on the rap mtv2, while the last time it was showed it was on the other mtv2. wtf?

Maybe that says something about the demographic that would like to view a U2 special? Not necessarily the strictly rock crowd? Or maybe Nelly and Puffy wanted to catch it?

I could have sworn that I read that Puffy did attend a show and enjoyed it, did he not?

Old 05-16-2002, 01:21 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:30 PM
Yes, I will vouch for z edge, we're hurting for some decent music in these parts. My parents have satellite television, but even the MTV rock channel sucks. I have little interest in watching videos by Damn Yankees and Rancid, for example.

I've stopped listening to the local radio stations altogether. Now while I'm at work, I listen to Virgin Radio UK over the internet.

Anyway, I feel your pain, z edge!

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart
Old 05-16-2002, 01:24 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl:
I have little interest in watching videos by Damn Yankees and Rancid, for example.
you're going to make wannabe cry.

Old 05-16-2002, 01:25 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: maze of your imagination, where the streets have no name, lol
Local Time: 04:30 PM
lol @ HeartlandGirl listening to Virgin...its a good station but they play the same band 3 times a day..they usually play 3 u2 tunes a day....i tink it should be called Now3 or something...

Cool Fm is a belfast radio station i tink its good and Citybeat for older music.....u can find them on the net and i tink they r better than virgin
Old 05-16-2002, 01:30 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by bono-vox:
lol @ HeartlandGirl listening to Virgin...its a good station but they play the same band 3 times a day..they usually play 3 u2 tunes a day....i tink it should be called Now3 or something...

Cool Fm is a belfast radio station i tink its good and Citybeat for older music.....u can find them on the net and i tink they r better than virgin

You don't understand, Virgin is a MONSTROUS step up from the stations in Oklahoma! But I will take your advice and check out the other stations you mentioned...

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart
Old 05-16-2002, 01:32 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by mad1:
Z-Edgey, u need to start doin more physical stuff, rather than mental stimulation luv.

What exactly do you mean Maddie?

And I only have regular MTV-it's good for nothing except The Osbournes...

------------------
~Your insults and your curses make me feel like I'm not a person~
~The more people I meet the more I like my dog~
Old 05-16-2002, 01:34 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: maze of your imagination, where the streets have no name, lol
Local Time: 04:30 PM
oooh do check them out i tink the addresses are http://www.citybeat.co.uk and http://www.coolfm.co.uk/ heartland girlieee
Old 05-16-2002, 04:23 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by bono-vox:
lol @ HeartlandGirl listening to Virgin...its a good station but they play the same band 3 times a day..they usually play 3 u2 tunes a day....

Hee hee! They're on their third U2 song of the day! I've heard One, Walk On, and now Mysterious Ways. U2 is the only artist they've played this much today. They can't be all bad.

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart
Old 05-16-2002, 06:28 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I LOATHE MTV. MTV2 sucks anymore -- it is only good at 2 am, when they show their few alternative/rock videos. At a board I go to often (an anime board) they were off-topic and talking about MTV.. and we started talking about the fact that MTV puts videos on so late at night and bad time slots that they are essentially giving the viewer the feeling they put music videos as their second priority. I get so sick of it all. MuchMusic is definitely good. What do you guys think of VH1? I like it, but they play a LOT of crap that it doesn't ever make up for the good things they do play.

------------------
"I dance much better horizontally than vertically." - Bono

Popheart.org
Old 05-16-2002, 06:29 PM   #28
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl:

I've stopped listening to the local radio stations altogether. Now while I'm at work, I listen to Virgin Radio UK over the internet.

Anyway, I feel your pain, z edge!

I have a funny story like that Heart-LG,
The day I got internet access at my new job I happily connected to 99X Atlanta and then I was back and forth btwn that and 104.5 the Edge Dallas/FW. It was great, while it lasted.

The next day I came in and seen a message on the "intranet homepage" site to everyone on base that read "WARNING: do not connect to live radio broadcast.....". As you can imagine my heart did sink

It turns out that besides security reasons they also have so damn many people using the internet on base and live radio broadcasts take up too much space.

Needless to say, I have a radio/cd player at work The only bad news is that I can't pick up AM in my building, so no Rush Limbaugh!