MTV , MTV2, MTVJ, and MT-whatever in the fuck-they can all suck it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
I was sooooooooo happy to get mtv2, but now it seems the rap shit(e) is trying to take over. Even now on this "Control Freak", half the videos are rap, R&B, hip hop, or some other form of shit(e) that was supposed to be on a decline. I have been listening to this crap for the last hour and it's all been the same computer-for-a-guitair nonsense sampled to death no-talent lyrical jumble.

And there will be an entire show for rap only almost daily, but when do they have rock or alt-rock days or shows????

Enough already, it's bad enough you can't ever catch a good rock video on the original mtv, but mtv2 is converting as I speak. And the channel right after mtv2 is called mtvj, for mtv jams!!!!!!!!!!

MY GOD!
Would it be too much to have a fucking mtvr (rock), or mtva (alternative)? OR how about an mtv that didn't completely blow donkey goats!?!?

Sorry for my rant
frown.gif

ha ha
Wilted Flower
biggrin.gif

But seriously, what else is there? The VH1 top ten? I mean we have no other outlet here. My city is uniquely oppressed for it's "size", as our radio stations all suck suck suck suck. Ask Diemen, Heartland Girl, Dannospano, and anyone who has been here.

I was looking to this mteevee2 crap to help out in new rock, since there is no other way around here to get exposure to that.

that blows. so does mtv. i'm lucky to have muchmusic. they don't play as much crap. blargh on mtv.

*orders z muchmusic

I feel your pain...my MTV-X, which actually played decent rock/alternative music, just converted to MTV-J. No one asked me if I wanted MTV-J, it just changed. That really blows.

*edited for typo

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 05-15-2002).]

*remembers back when I was a kid and MTV was cool, when it really was MusicTV

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
I feel your pain...my MTV-X, which actually played decent rock/alternative music, just converted to MTV-J. No one asked me if I wanted MTV-J, it just changed. That really blows.

*edited for typo

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 05-15-2002).]

exactly, your cable company owes you a credit for pullin' a stunt like that- mine too!

They all stink.

At least in Canada, we have MuchMusic (that's like MTV but actually plays videos, albeit lots of crap), MuchMoreMusic (that's like VH1, but plays more videos, not that many specials), MuchMoreLoud (hard rock), MuchMoreVibe (rap and r&b), and EdgeTV (alt-rock, pretty good). Plus the crappola duo of MTV1 and MTV2.

did u2 have their own station called zootv that played all u2 24-7.
i like that gonna meet a rock star on much music(but on that once they put a rap dude)
much music plays alot of rock punk rock stuff.mtv2 actuall plays alot of rock songs but for this week they are showing alot or rap(rap weekend)vh1 is starting to suck big time.mtv has turned in to teen tv(ages 15 and under)

I feel blessed to not be exposed to the MTV shit. Much Music is infinitely better and Much More Music is a little better still because it pretty much just plays music and a lot of oldies at that.

MM has better and funnier VJ's and has none of those shit gameshows and other completely music un-related BS

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

When I get mad at the TV I just turn it off and start reading one of the million books by my bed or come here and get in the chat. Consequently, I have not watch TV for the last 2 years. hahaha.
icon22.gif

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

I noticed that last night too. I'm hoping it's just a special thing this week. "Control Freak" is always annoying because the one good video never wins and a lot of times they'll put two really good videos videos against each other so the bad video wins. I can't stand the VJ girl who co-hosts that hip-hop, rap top videos show. She's so obnoxious, always screaming....grrr....They do have a rock show, but it's one of those top videos things too, so it's all worn-out stuff that you're seeing for the 10,000,000th time. The only really good thing about MTV2 is "120 Minutes," but a lot of times they just play the same videos week after week, or they premier a great video and never show it again.
mad.gif
Not that I'm bitter....

i dunno, i find that on control freak they tend to have themes (but not announce what they are ahead of time) - like sometimes it'll be all rap but others its alt/rock. it's still better than regular ol' MTV. i am so sick of road rules vs. real world. who gives a crap about these people??? and why is it on MTV.
*feeling a rant coming on.

Originally posted by meegannie:
I noticed that last night too. I'm hoping it's just a special thing this week. "Control Freak" is always annoying because the one good video never wins and a lot of times they'll put two really good videos videos against each other so the bad video wins. I can't stand the VJ girl who co-hosts that hip-hop, rap top videos show. She's so obnoxious, always screaming....grrr....They do have a rock show, but it's one of those top videos things too, so it's all worn-out stuff that you're seeing for the 10,000,000th time. The only really good thing about MTV2 is "120 Minutes," but a lot of times they just play the same videos week after week, or they premier a great video and never show it again.
mad.gif
Not that I'm bitter....

Yep, I'm "not bitter" right along with you. It seems everytime I switch Mtv2 on these days all it has on it is rap shit. I am so fucking tired of seeing it, I thought when we got Mtv2 we'd get somethig decent. But z muscle is right, once again the rap crap is taking over. I can't believe that so many more people like that shit than people who like good stuff.
mad.gif
mad.gif

This is why I've become so addicted to the cartoon network.
tongue.gif

------------------
Let's pray for something
To feel good in the morning

i have two mtv2's on my cable?
confused.gif
one of them is that horrible rap stuff like 24/7 (control freak, etc.) however, the other one shows rock, etc. sometimes. i've flipped from one to the other and they are *not* the same thing. yet both show "mtv2" in the upper right corner and say it in the listings. oh, and they always both have the same stuff on according to my cable.

when they were doing the U2 marathon thingie, all but one time it was on the rap mtv2, while the last time it was showed it was on the other mtv2. wtf?

------------------
i like the highlife and the lowlife. it's just the bit in between i find boring.
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth

Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes:
when they were doing the U2 marathon thingie, all but one time it was on the rap mtv2, while the last time it was showed it was on the other mtv2. wtf?

Maybe that says something about the demographic that would like to view a U2 special? Not necessarily the strictly rock crowd? Or maybe Nelly and Puffy wanted to catch it?
smile.gif

I could have sworn that I read that Puffy did attend a show and enjoyed it, did he not?

Yes, I will vouch for z edge, we're hurting for some decent music in these parts. My parents have satellite television, but even the MTV rock channel sucks. I have little interest in watching videos by Damn Yankees and Rancid, for example.

I've stopped listening to the local radio stations altogether. Now while I'm at work, I listen to Virgin Radio UK over the internet.

Anyway, I feel your pain, z edge!

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

lol @ HeartlandGirl listening to Virgin...its a good station but they play the same band 3 times a day..they usually play 3 u2 tunes a day....i tink it should be called Now3 or something...

Cool Fm is a belfast radio station i tink its good and Citybeat for older music.....u can find them on the net and i tink they r better than virgin

Originally posted by bono-vox:
lol @ HeartlandGirl listening to Virgin...its a good station but they play the same band 3 times a day..they usually play 3 u2 tunes a day....i tink it should be called Now3 or something...

Cool Fm is a belfast radio station i tink its good and Citybeat for older music.....u can find them on the net and i tink they r better than virgin

You don't understand, Virgin is a MONSTROUS step up from the stations in Oklahoma!
biggrin.gif
But I will take your advice and check out the other stations you mentioned...

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Originally posted by mad1:
Z-Edgey, u need to start doin more physical stuff, rather than mental stimulation luv.

What exactly do you mean Maddie?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

And I only have regular MTV-it's good for nothing except The Osbournes...

------------------
~Your insults and your curses make me feel like I'm not a person~
~The more people I meet the more I like my dog~

Originally posted by bono-vox:
lol @ HeartlandGirl listening to Virgin...its a good station but they play the same band 3 times a day..they usually play 3 u2 tunes a day....

Hee hee! They're on their third U2 song of the day! I've heard One, Walk On, and now Mysterious Ways. U2 is the only artist they've played this much today. They can't be all bad.
wink.gif

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

I LOATHE MTV. MTV2 sucks anymore -- it is only good at 2 am, when they show their few alternative/rock videos.
rolleyes.gif
At a board I go to often (an anime board) they were off-topic and talking about MTV.. and we started talking about the fact that MTV puts videos on so late at night and bad time slots that they are essentially giving the viewer the feeling they put music videos as their second priority.
mad.gif
I get so sick of it all. MuchMusic is definitely good. What do you guys think of VH1? I like it, but they play a LOT of crap that it doesn't ever make up for the good things they do play.

------------------
"I dance much better horizontally than vertically." - Bono

Popheart.org

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl:

I've stopped listening to the local radio stations altogether. Now while I'm at work, I listen to Virgin Radio UK over the internet.

Anyway, I feel your pain, z edge!

I have a funny story like that Heart-LG,
The day I got internet access at my new job I happily connected to 99X Atlanta and then I was back and forth btwn that and 104.5 the Edge Dallas/FW. It was great, while it lasted.

The next day I came in and seen a message on the "intranet homepage" site to everyone on base that read "WARNING: do not connect to live radio broadcast.....". As you can imagine my heart did sink
frown.gif

It turns out that besides security reasons they also have so damn many people using the internet on base and live radio broadcasts take up too much space.

Needless to say, I have a radio/cd player at work
smile.gif
The only bad news is that I can't pick up AM in my building, so no Rush Limbaugh!

Back
Top Bottom