MTV $2 Thingy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
Has anyone gone to one of these when it's been in their city? I think the ones they've done so far, other than the Strokes, have been kind of crappy, so maybe not, but I was wondering what time they do them because the stupid ads don't tell you anything other than the date, and I'd like to know the time before I go get the tickets since you can only get the tickets a few days in advance. Thanks!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Beneath the heart of darkness/ Lies an old machine that's reeling/ Forgotten dust and sunlight/ Silent and removed from feeling/ The peace in my mind is drowning, fading down/ There's nothing left burning, it's all out

I haven't.. but I went to Spring Break once and MTV was there in Panama City.

Jay-Z performed with Foxy Brown.
Warren G was there too.

And I saw Serena Altschul interviewing Warren too.

The Spice Girls were hosting the whole shebang and they were really drunk and chubby.

It was an odd Pop Culture moment.

------------------
chuck me in the shallow water before I get too deep.
carrie@interference.com

arrggggh. It said it didn't post, but then it did? Whatever, forum.

I can't wait for the new forum that will love me unconditionally.

[This message has been edited by meegannie (edited 05-23-2002).]

The Spice Girls? hehehe

It looks like Coldplay are doing one of these $2 MTV2 things. Probably in Montana or somewhere.

------------------
Beneath the heart of darkness/ Lies an old machine that's reeling/ Forgotten dust and sunlight/ Silent and removed from feeling/ The peace in my mind is drowning, fading down/ There's nothing left burning, it's all out

Originally posted by meegannie:

It looks like Coldplay are doing one of these $2 MTV2 things. Probably in Montana or somewhere.

must... see... coldplay!!!
eek.gif

thanks for the heads up, meegannie! i hope that means their new album will be out soon...
smile.gif

Originally posted by *Ally*:
must... see... coldplay!!!
eek.gif

thanks for the heads up, meegannie! i hope that means their new album will be out soon...
smile.gif

The US release date is August 27th. They're doing an eight date European tour beginning June 19th, but that's it so far.

However, there was a Coldplay date up on the Theater of the Living Arts in Philadelphia's website for August 7th for a couple of days, but then they took it down again. If the MTV2 thing is August 2nd (since they're always on the second of the month), then that would coincide well with an August 7th date in Philly if they did the MTV2 thing as a side-track or to kick-off their US tour.

I feel like a detective!
biggrin.gif

Or maybe I just have too much time on my hands and am WAY too obsessed with music.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom