MSN Messenger 6.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I :heart: my background...it's from Ryan's "Anwering Bell" video. :love:

33793%3A3923232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E844%3E%3A%3A5%3Ewsnrcg%3D323249%3A6676%3B5nu0mrj

there should be two ways to do that...

adamswildhoney said:
*still debating* my mom would get really annoyed when ever she logs on to Outlook Express and then the messengers I used to have would pop up and I dont want to go through her complaining again bc I never could figure out how to stop them.
thats why I had to stop using aim!! :|

You can do this with AIM as well...

Open messenger and go to TOOLS>OPTIONS> unclick the boxes that start MSN when windows starts and signs you in etc.

or if you have administration priviledges:

START>RUN>MSCONFIG>STARTUP>edit it if msnmssg or AIM is loaded as a startup group option

that way they will onl run if you open them and sign in.

I've had this messenger for awhile now but I don't like it. You can't search for users (you have to know their exact email address to add people). Also no one even talks to me on it.

adamswildhoney said:
okay so I have this messenger but yet no one to talk to :hmm: verrrry interesting dont ya think???

:shifty: :laugh:

I don't even know what your e-mail is to add you! :shifty: :|

I just downloaded msn messenger 6.0 :hyper:

Almost everyone I have on my msn messenger still has the old version, which doesn't accept the new features. :sad: C'mon people with messenger 6.0! Add me to your list! :lol: abelu2@hotmail.com!

I'd like to think I didn't just waste an hour downloading it! (yes it took me an hour to download it, if not a little longer on dial up) :|

Last edited:
oooh this new msn is sooo cool....

i downloaded it about a month ago from www.mess.be ( it has since been taken down ) been waiting for others to find it so i can make others download it and see how it all works :p

you can have a little picture there too and you can play games :lol:

and its so very cool :D

so about these backgrounds....how do you set it so you don't have to change backgrounds with each conversation? mine keeps reverting back to the standard background either when i close the program or open a new conversation :confused:

ABEL said:
so about these backgrounds....how do you set it so you don't have to change backgrounds with each conversation? mine keeps reverting back to the standard background either when i close the program or open a new conversation :confused:

the same it happens to me, I don't know how put the background for default :scratch:

When you go under "Tools" and "Create Backgrounds...", you'll see a "Set Default" button you can press when the background you want is selected.

so now that I figured out how to change my background and make it stay, I find out that others can't even see it? :confused: what's the purpose of having a pretty background if you're the only one who can see it? :scratch:

ABEL said:
so now that I figured out how to change my background and make it stay, I find out that others can't even see it? :confused: what's the purpose of having a pretty background if you're the only one who can see it? :scratch:

Personal enjoyment, silly! :p It's just like how people set their desktop backgrounds...you're the only one who enjoys it, but it's nice to look at.

Hrm...

Go to the Control Panel and remove it from Add/Remove Programs. You should be able to do this, although I know M$ did some sneaky things with Windows Messenger for XP. Then, redownload your preferred earlier version from Microsoft.com.

If what I offer here cannot be done, come back, and I'll do some investigating.

You should never download a beta version of a program, unless you are prepared for problems!

Melon

So ya I just had major problems opening my outlook express email... with Elvis' help we figured out it was because of msn 6. So if anyone else has this problem, re-install msn 6. Now its fine.

Back
Top Bottom