Ms. Pop TART to say I do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justified

Refugee
yes another marriage that will last forever!

:wink:

[q]MSNBC News Services
Updated: 12:41 p.m. ET June 18, 2004Britney Spears is going to take another walk down the aisle, according to a report in the New York Post. Boyfriend Kevin Federline proposed to the pop star and she reportedly accepted.

Spears and Federline became an item two months ago when they were photographed and interviewed while canoodling on the beach in Santa Monica, Calif. The incident became instant gossip-page fodder, especially when it was revealed that Federline was expecting a baby with his then-girlfriend Shar Jackson. Federline and Jackson also have another child together. Spears and Federline have been constant companions since the beach incident.

Live Vote
What will happen between Britney Spears and Kevin Federline?

They will get married, briefly

The marriage will last, a few years

They will never reach the altar

Vote to see results

Live Vote
What will happen between Britney Spears and Kevin Federline? * 64177 responses

They will get married, briefly
30%

The marriage will last, a few years
5%

They will never reach the altar
65%

In January, Spears married childhood friend Jason Alexander in what she called a joke gone too far. The marriage was annulled 36 hours after the Las Vegas ceremony.

Spears was forced to cancel her summer tour Tuesday because of a knee injury she suffered last week during a video shoot with Snoop Dogg in New York for her new song ?Outrageous.? Her knee gave out during the choreography and afterward she underwent arthroscopic surgery.

As a result, she?ll be wearing a hard brace for six weeks and will require at least two months of rehabilitation, according to a statement from her label, Jive Records.[/q]

She needs to get married. This is her second one and she's 22 years old. She has to keep this up if she is to catch Liz Taylor and other much married stars. I predict she will have 7 or 8 husbands before it's all over. Of course, by the time she's on #3 or 4, we might not care anymore. She may have to do it for publicity at that point. She will probably be one of those middle aged women who keeps boy toys just to keep her name in the tabloids. She might even marry some young famous guy to get her name back in the news in hopes he can revive her sagging career (among other parts, and pay for her plastic surgery!) Her last husband will be when she's an old lady, and he will smother her in her sleep to get her fortune. Okay that's it for now, the Britney crystal ball is going dark....

Last edited:
:laugh:

My coworker believes she is trying to compete with Jennifer Lopez.

I said I bet she got knocked up by this class act boyfriend of hers and the tour was really canceled because of a pregnancy and not because of knee surgery. :wink:

*yes, I had was trying to avoid some work today and felt that talking about celeb trash was more inviting than what was on my desk in my office. :reject: :laugh: *

:hyper:

The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Pop singer Britney Spears is engaged to her dancer boyfriend, a representative of Spears' record label confirmed Friday.

"I can confirm that yes, she is engaged," said Sonia Muckle of Jive Records.

Spears, 22, and Kevin Federline, 26, have not yet set a date, Muckle said.

I too wish them lifelong happiness but I can't help but think that in a few mths after the wedding a divorce will follow. :der:

Justified said:
I too wish them lifelong happiness but I can't help but think that in a few mths after the wedding a divorce will follow. :der:

Possibly. It does sound like shes gone off the mental deep end though so perhaps a nice boy will keep her sane and is what she needs :shrug:

capt.nyet14706301744.people_spears_federline_nyet147.jpg

NEW YORK - This time, she's marrying for love, Britney Spears said of her recent engagement to dancer Kevin Federline.

"Marrying Kevin was the last thing I was thinking about doing," Spears tells People magazine in its July 12 issue. "But then I said, `You know what? This is my life and I don't care what people think. I'm going to get married. I'm in love with him.'"

Spears, 22, and Federline, 26, began dating a few months ago, after her Las Vegas wedding to childhood friend Jason Alexander in January. That marriage was annulled 55 hours later.

Of the quickie Vegas ceremony, "That thing was a total ugh," she says. "I was not in love at all." :eek:

This is different, says Spears, who's wearing a five-carat diamond set atop two slender platinum, diamond-encrusted bands on her left finger.

Federline popped the question on an airplane while flying with Spears from Ireland to New York after the European leg of her tour. "I'd known for a while that she's the one," he says.

"I kissed a bunch of frogs and finally found my prince," says Spears. "I feel like I've found my happily ever after."

This guy is a cad! His old girlfriend and mother of his kids is pregnant again, and now he's engaged to Britney. That was fast, buddy. :eyebrow:

I mentioned this to BAW last night - I'm far from being the "morals police" but what's with all these celebrities doinkin' each other..., is it because their peers are all rich?; their partners are only those who come from their inner circle?; they have no other friends than celebrities? then they stop and move on to the next one...J-Lo perfect example, Julia Roberts, Liz Taylor, Lorenzo Llamas...,

I'm just rambling but it really gets me when the media makes a big deal about who's screwing who; who's ass is bigger than the other's or what diet pill someone is taking....(vent)....

:Ifeelbetter:

what a sweet and beautiful love story Ms. Spears has.

hell I would love to have the question popped to me while I was flying back from Ireland. I would prefer an engagement in Ireland but hell this is not my engagement...

*leaves thread* :laugh:

Justified said:

hell I would love to have the question popped to me while I was flying back from Ireland.

Try getting engaged in a gas station parking lot and getting a Pepsi and an artificial rose instead of a ring. :lol: I'm not complaining though. It was special in its own way. ;) We're not together anymore anyway though.

Justified said:
:laugh:
I said I bet she got knocked up by this class act boyfriend of hers and the tour was really canceled because of a pregnancy and not because of knee surgery. :wink:

This was my theory too! I heard this from one of those TV tabloid shows too....He sounds like a real winner....

I will make it a point to save a photo of this cover so we have something to laugh at in 6 months when things go kaput.

MrsSpringsteen said:
At least this is proof that she's not pregnant-well, I would hope she wouldn't be drinking

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004321529,00.html

That "article" annoys me. I'm not a huge Britney fan, but so what if she wants to chow down on junk food and have some alcohol? I could really get flamed for this, but I think Britney is really pretty. I don't always agree with her style at times, but I think she's a pretty woman. When I read articles like that, it makes me feel sorry for her a bit. There are days that I sure would hate to have people reading a play-by-play of all of the junk food I've crammed in my mouth. :reject:

Oh, and so what if she wears the same damn bikini all of the time? Most people I know only own one swimsuit...just because she has a lot of money doesn't mean she needs to travel with a dozen bikinis.

Last edited:
i think if she hadn't gotten blonde highlights and huffed helium for her debut album, she'd be passed out in some frathouse right now. i'm not passing judgement, but let's just say i find the latest pictures of her hanging all over her hanger-on--oh, i mean fiance, with cigarette and/or shot in hand at all times, not surprising in the least. and the fact that she's now engaged to some scruffy guy who looks like he'd be changing someone's oil is only surprising because you'd think she'd be engaged to the star of the football team.

sorry if any of that seems harsh, but i am just getting so damn sick of the two of them being on the cover of every week's issue of people, us weekly, and whatever other gossip rags are out now. when will the papparazzi stop caring about her?

Back
Top Bottom