Ms. Pop TART to say I do - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2004, 11:54 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by beli
Maybe Britney could marry Lisa Marie Presley.
only in Massachusetts!

Old 07-01-2004, 08:54 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:33 AM

NEW YORK - This time, she's marrying for love, Britney Spears said of her recent engagement to dancer Kevin Federline.

"Marrying Kevin was the last thing I was thinking about doing," Spears tells People magazine in its July 12 issue. "But then I said, `You know what? This is my life and I don't care what people think. I'm going to get married. I'm in love with him.'"

Spears, 22, and Federline, 26, began dating a few months ago, after her Las Vegas wedding to childhood friend Jason Alexander in January. That marriage was annulled 55 hours later.

Of the quickie Vegas ceremony, "That thing was a total ugh," she says. "I was not in love at all."

This is different, says Spears, who's wearing a five-carat diamond set atop two slender platinum, diamond-encrusted bands on her left finger.

Federline popped the question on an airplane while flying with Spears from Ireland to New York after the European leg of her tour. "I'd known for a while that she's the one," he says.

"I kissed a bunch of frogs and finally found my prince," says Spears. "I feel like I've found my happily ever after."

Old 07-01-2004, 11:17 AM   #18
War Child

Local Time: 09:33 AM
This guy is a cad! His old girlfriend and mother of his kids is pregnant again, and now he's engaged to Britney. That was fast, buddy.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:25 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:33 AM
I mentioned this to BAW last night - I'm far from being the "morals police" but what's with all these celebrities doinkin' each other..., is it because their peers are all rich?; their partners are only those who come from their inner circle?; they have no other friends than celebrities? then they stop and move on to the next one...J-Lo perfect example, Julia Roberts, Liz Taylor, Lorenzo Llamas...,

I'm just rambling but it really gets me when the media makes a big deal about who's screwing who; who's ass is bigger than the other's or what diet pill someone is taking....(vent)....

:Ifeelbetter:
Old 07-01-2004, 06:17 PM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 05:33 AM
what a sweet and beautiful love story Ms. Spears has.

hell I would love to have the question popped to me while I was flying back from Ireland. I would prefer an engagement in Ireland but hell this is not my engagement...

*leaves thread*
Old 07-01-2004, 07:21 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

I got People today. That article is one amusing read I wonder if Justin is a frog..

The ring is gorgeous
Old 07-01-2004, 08:37 PM   #22
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Justified

hell I would love to have the question popped to me while I was flying back from Ireland.
Try getting engaged in a gas station parking lot and getting a Pepsi and an artificial rose instead of a ring. I'm not complaining though. It was special in its own way. We're not together anymore anyway though.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 07-02-2004, 04:26 PM   #23
Refugee

is it me or does her fiancee look like Brian Austin Green from 90210?
Old 07-02-2004, 10:13 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justified

I said I bet she got knocked up by this class act boyfriend of hers and the tour was really canceled because of a pregnancy and not because of knee surgery.
This was my theory too! I heard this from one of those TV tabloid shows too....He sounds like a real winner....
Old 07-02-2004, 11:05 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

I will make it a point to save a photo of this cover so we have something to laugh at in 6 months when things go kaput.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:41 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

At least this is proof that she's not pregnant-well, I would hope she wouldn't be drinking

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004321529,00.html

Supposedly she's not making him sign a prenup either
Old 07-14-2004, 05:06 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:33 AM
well i don't think anyone has ever accused her of being bright
Old 07-14-2004, 05:07 PM   #28
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
At least this is proof that she's not pregnant-well, I would hope she wouldn't be drinking

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004321529,00.html
That "article" annoys me. I'm not a huge Britney fan, but so what if she wants to chow down on junk food and have some alcohol? I could really get flamed for this, but I think Britney is really pretty. I don't always agree with her style at times, but I think she's a pretty woman. When I read articles like that, it makes me feel sorry for her a bit. There are days that I sure would hate to have people reading a play-by-play of all of the junk food I've crammed in my mouth.

Oh, and so what if she wears the same damn bikini all of the time? Most people I know only own one swimsuit...just because she has a lot of money doesn't mean she needs to travel with a dozen bikinis.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 07-14-2004, 05:12 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

That's the way that "newspaper" writes about everyone, so I wasn't endorsing that in any way... I just thought the picture was sort of funny
Old 07-14-2004, 09:16 PM   #30
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:33 AM
i think if she hadn't gotten blonde highlights and huffed helium for her debut album, she'd be passed out in some frathouse right now. i'm not passing judgement, but let's just say i find the latest pictures of her hanging all over her hanger-on--oh, i mean fiance, with cigarette and/or shot in hand at all times, not surprising in the least. and the fact that she's now engaged to some scruffy guy who looks like he'd be changing someone's oil is only surprising because you'd think she'd be engaged to the star of the football team.

sorry if any of that seems harsh, but i am just getting so damn sick of the two of them being on the cover of every week's issue of people, us weekly, and whatever other gossip rags are out now. when will the papparazzi stop caring about her?