Mrg- DESCRIBE like its the summer of 2006 Chat version - Page 60 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-27-2008, 09:43 PM   #886
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonchick View Post
^^^ Well next year i'll just be starting a general Humanities program...so i'll take a few courses and see what I like, I was initially thinking English or Psychology but I really don't know anymore.
Well good luck!
__________________

__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 09:44 PM   #887
Blue Crack Addict
 
Irishteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 29,624
Local Time: 04:48 PM
^^^ I'm not sure, I mean I wouldn't rule it out right now but I wouldn't say that's what I'm aiming for at the moment; I guess I just plan to go through my course and see where it takes me, and keep doing non-business electives to keep my head sane
__________________

__________________
Irishteen is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 09:46 PM   #888
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 10:48 AM
Can I ask you guys a personal question? You guys are perfect for each other.

When did you realize you were in love with each other?
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 09:46 PM   #889
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Lemonchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,647
Local Time: 11:48 AM
^^^ Thanks. What about you? What do you hope to do in the future?
__________________
Lemonchick is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 09:49 PM   #890
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Lemonchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,647
Local Time: 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
Can I ask you guys a personal question? You guys are perfect for each other.

When did you realize you were in love with each other?
Aw, thank you.

I think I realized after a few months of talking we'd become really good friends and he just seemed way too perfect, but because of the distance and all I kept trying to tell myself that it was nothing and that if we ever met I'd probably see him as just a friend, BUT then we did meet and...that's when I realised I really wasn't just imagining it.

well, it was something like that.
__________________
Lemonchick is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 09:50 PM   #891
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonchick View Post
^^^ Thanks. What about you? What do you hope to do in the future?
I have always wanted to be a writer. The tough thing is there aren't many writing jobs that you can say are full time careers. I've been thinking about what my strengths are and the style that I could live on, be great at and help with is comic book writing. I want to create characters that people can relate too. I'd love to see people realize they aren't alone. I going to get a Creative Writing degree. Then hopefully get a job somewhere.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 09:51 PM   #892
Blue Crack Addict
 
Irishteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 29,624
Local Time: 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonchick View Post
Aw, thank you.

I think I realized after a few months of talking we'd become really good friends and he just seemed way too perfect, but because of the distance and all I kept trying to tell myself that it was nothing and that if we ever met I'd probably see him as just a friend, BUT then we did meet and...that's when I realised I really wasn't just imagining it.

well, it was something like that.
It was probably the same for me pretty much, I fell for her before we met but tried to convince myself I wouldn't feel the same way in person and that she wouldn't live up to the perfect image of her I had in my mind when we met but she did (And PS she's also insanely beautiful too).
__________________
Irishteen is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 09:52 PM   #893
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonchick View Post
Aw, thank you.

I think I realized after a few months of talking we'd become really good friends and he just seemed way too perfect, but because of the distance and all I kept trying to tell myself that it was nothing and that if we ever met I'd probably see him as just a friend, BUT then we did meet and...that's when I realised I really wasn't just imagining it.

well, it was something like that.
Awesome. That's really romantic. I don't think distance can stand in the way of true love.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 09:55 PM   #894
Blue Crack Addict
 
Irishteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 29,624
Local Time: 04:48 PM
^^^ it's really cool that you're interested in writing especially if you are good at it. I enjoy writing but I don't really have much talent for it
__________________
Irishteen is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 09:55 PM   #895
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Lemonchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,647
Local Time: 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishteen View Post
(And PS she's also insanely beautiful too).
You say that like I'm not here

I used to think I could write.

Then I realized I can't.

soo...I don't.

hence, English major = bad idea.
__________________
Lemonchick is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 09:59 PM   #896
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishteen View Post
^^^ it's really cool that you're interested in writing especially if you are good at it. I enjoy writing but I don't really have much talent for it
See and I am terrible with numbers so we're even.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 09:59 PM   #897
Blue Crack Addict
 
Irishteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 29,624
Local Time: 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonchick View Post
You say that like I'm not here

I used to think I could write.

Then I realized I can't.

soo...I don't.

hence, English major = bad idea.
Well what way should I be saying it if you're here?

And you need more self-confidence in your writing, the only reason you can't write is because you've convinced yourself you can't
__________________
Irishteen is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 10:01 PM   #898
Blue Crack Addict
 
Irishteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 29,624
Local Time: 04:48 PM
^^ Well I hope I'm not terrible with writing otherwise i really feel sorry for the person I subject the first reading of my short stories to
__________________
Irishteen is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 10:01 PM   #899
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishteen View Post
It was probably the same for me pretty much, I fell for her before we met but tried to convince myself I wouldn't feel the same way in person and that she wouldn't live up to the perfect image of her I had in my mind when we met but she did (And PS she's also insanely beautiful too).
I don't think I have ever seen a picture of her so I'll take your word on it.

I used to think that she looked like Amanda Palmer for a while though.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 10:03 PM   #900
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishteen View Post
And you need more self-confidence in your writing, the only reason you can't write is because you've convinced yourself you can't
Agreed. I think most people try to convince themselves that they aren't sometimes including myself.
__________________

__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
 

Tags
dead forgotton thread, describe, mullet talking, used to be popular

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com