Mr. Blackwell's Worst Dressed Women Of 2001

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Ok-he's way too into womens' fashion
wink.gif
and it's silly and kinda mean-but I can't help but laugh at his descriptions. I want a worst dressed MEN list though-Kid Rock comes to mind...as well as N Sync...

His choices for the year:

1. Anne Robinson: "Fashion's weakest link. Looks like Harry Potter in drag, a Hogwarts horror!"

2. Britney Spears (who fell from her No. 1 perch on last year's list): "What's left to say? Britney's belly-baring bombs are a wacky tacky display. She's re-hashed Madonna (dropped since last year), on a really bad day!"

3. Juliette Binoche: "A haute couture catastrophe. Let's just dub her 'La Gauche Binoche' and leave it at that!"

4. Destiny's Child: "A trilogy of taste-free terror hitting a crescendo of off-pitch kitsch. Three peas in a peek-a-boo pod!"

5. Bj?rk (was on last year's list, too): "A Swan Lake mistake. A pretentious fashion folly in a nightmare by Salvador Dali!"

6. Princess Stephanie: "Her wardrobe has the allure of nuclear waste. Sorry, no taste!"

7. Kate Hudson: "Looks like a cyclone victim from the OK Corral. It's fatal fashion weather!"

8. Camilla Parker Bowles: "Packs the stylistic punch of a dilapidated Yorkshire pudding!"

9. Cameron Diaz: "Chaos in high heels. Period!"

10. Gillian Anderson: "A grunge plunge resembling an escape from a bohemian barbecue."

yeah, I read that the other day. lol. I guess this whole "best/worst" dressed thing doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me. It seems so....whats-the-word...shallow?
tongue.gif
If Bjork wants to wear a dead swan outfit, hey at least she's expressing herself. hehe.

What does Kate Hudson dress like IRL? I've only seen her in movies, but she's a luvverly girl.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Klodomir:
What does Kate Hudson dress like IRL? I've only seen her in movies, but she's a luvverly girl.
smile.gif

I think Kate Hudson dresses pretty cool. Kind of retro and fun, she's just herself, and she pulls it off. And she's so pretty that she could pull off a patato sack dress anyway, so I don't get what gives. Really the only bad pictures I saw of her was at the doctor's office. She was in a few magazines laying on the table in the waiting room, pics of her stepping off a plane or something like that. Don't most people look like crap after they've been on an 11 hour flight? Anyway, I think photojournalists seek out inopportune times to take pictures of celebrities so they can turn right back around and sell them to the front page of the Enquirer with a caption that reads for example: Whitney Houston is dying! or some sh*t like that. I hate polls like this. It's as though people think celebrities *should* be the cornerstones of what's fashionable, the perfect icons of what's hip. That's just lame - everyone from the average housewife to the most beautiful celebrity is entitled to a bad hair day or what-to-wear day. If someone thinks Cameron Diaz or Kate Hudson looks like crap when they're dressed to the 9's, I'd like to see the editors or publishers of such polls try to pull it off.

As for Bjork, she's just wacky but I think it's great she had the, er, balls, to strut her stuff in a Swan dress. Chances are a couple years from now I'll remember that dress more than I'll remember what any other celebrity was wearing. :p

Back
Top Bottom