Movies your date forced you to see

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monkeyskin

Refugee
Have you ever sat through a real stinker of a film because it was your date's choice? I've had to a few times with my girlfriend:

High School Musical (I'm dreading having to go to the cinema and ask for 2 tickets to the third one)
13 Going on 30
Uptown Girls
Just Like Heaven

Amazingly I'm still with her. Anyone else? Be cool to get some female answers to see what their fellas made them sit through.

Oceans 13 :| :| :| The worst film I've EVER seen, I loved Oceans 11 & 12 and only heard bad reviews for 13. But he made me go anyway and I actually nearly left halfway through. It was that bad.

i don't know I"ve been married 25 years but we usually just like the same movies, just any movies, except for some which I'm obsessed with are :reject:

anyway we don't go to the theater ever, we just watch DVD's and now we have an HD TV very :happy: , sorry i sound like an ass

Last edited:
Typically my guy and I like the same movies so there is never really an arguement about what to see.

This being said though I am being dragged along to the new Indiana Jones movie :rolleyes: It's ok I get my revenge with him having to come and see "Sex and the City" :wink:

Pearl Harbor.

He said his friends made HIM go because he's a WWII buff and they wanted him to pick apart the historical inaccuracies.

*browneyedgirl* said:
i don't know I"ve been married 25 years but we usually just like the same movies, just any movies, except for some which I'm obsessed with are :reject:

I can honestly say I've never been forced to watch a movie I didn't like by a date, I guess that's because I wouldn't date somebody who liked movies I can't sit through. For example if a guy is into "Too Fast Too Furious" he's not my type anyway, so I wouldn't be dating him in the first place to be forced to watch it. Movie taste is a good indicator of how much you may or may not have in common later, which may come back to haunt you in the years to come (which is why *browneyedgirl* is still married after 25 years!)

Fever Pitch
Hitch
Princess Diaries 2
Legally Blonde 2
Taxi
The Pacifier
Mean Girls

And she couldn't sit through Back to the Future or Anchorman. Fuckin' bitch.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Fever Pitch
Hitch
Princess Diaries 2
Legally Blonde 2
Taxi
The Pacifier
Mean Girls

What about Garfield: A tale Of Two Kitties? That caused a breakup all on its own.

mikal said:
The Notebook. Worst movie ever.....and her favorite movie.

Amen.

The Notebook SUCKS.

And I love girly movies. In fact, I like pretty much every other movie mentioned in this thread. I actually dig High School Musical, even. I have my reasons. :wink:

But to answer the original question, my girl back in high school dragged me out to see a little movie called Sideways.

Suffice to say, it was a good call on her part.

I'M NOT DRINKIN ANY FUCKIN MERLOT!!!!!!!

LemonMacPhisto said:
Fever Pitch
Hitch
Princess Diaries 2
Legally Blonde 2
Taxi
The Pacifier
Mean Girls

And she couldn't sit through Back to the Future or Anchorman. Fuckin' bitch. [/B]

Wow. Just...wow.

There's a joke here about "pacifier" and being on a date at the movies, but once again, I'm too tired to bother.

I've never dated long enough...

but the last girl I was seeing wanted to see the latest Matthew McConaghey/Goldie Hawn's daughter picture... I said no

I'm dating another one now... one with better taste in movies :wink:

I was forced to see XXX (the one with Vin Diesel).

James Bond for the new millennium my ass. The only good thing about that movie were the delicious shots of Prague, which inspired me to travel to Eastern Europe, :drool:

Movies the absence of a date forced me to see:

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Man, this thing is awful. Thank god I'm leaving for a party in 10 minutes.

lazarus said:

Wow. Just...wow.

There's a joke here about "pacifier" and being on a date at the movies, but once again, I'm too tired to bother.

Indeed.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Fever Pitch
Hitch
Princess Diaries 2
Legally Blonde 2
Taxi
The Pacifier
Mean Girls

how can anyone not sit through back to the future that's unreal

Mr. Brown just watched Braveheart (unbelievable) and me too of course on HBOHD :cute: the whole movie, i love him now more than ever.

'Fried Green Tomatoes'. I didn't mind the whole Idgy Thredgood story and flashbacks - but the crap wioth Kathy Bates and Jessica Tandy... we split up after that as apparently I wasn't on his level...

I'm a guy. I am gay. I still like balls to the wall brainbdead mush interspersed with the best of Eurotrash arthouse. I do not want Kathy fucking Bates wrapping herself in plastic and taking a sledgehammer to the lounge room wall to empower herself.

You probably don't want Kathy Bates naked in a hot tub either, so if you haven't seen About Schmidt you might want to be aware of that beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom