Movies that scared you the most

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I was little The Dark Crystal scared the hell out of me...those big crab-guys gave me nightmares!

The last movie that really creeped me out was Signs.

the Ring, by the way, where I live, has become so iconic everyone is either spoofing it or ripping it off (so far, there've been cursed mirrors, phones and websites to name a few) that it's more than lost it's impact.

"Halloween": The scene when Curtis is walking home from school and see Michael Myers in the distance for the first time and then sees him disappear behind the hedges...FREAKED ME OUT!!!

"Jaws": Saw for the first time on late-night tv and my parents told me I shouldn't watch it because it was too scary. So, of course I did, and they were right. :(

"The Silence of the Lambs": I couldn't sleep that night.

"Poltergeist II": The creepy, old man gave me nightmares for a week.

"Signs": The pantry...don't look in the pantry!

"The Ring": the final scene when the little girl jumps ahead 10 feet.

"Stephen King's "It"": Hey Georgie, you wanna balloon?

MrsSpringsteen said:
that movie, can't remember the name..when the girl is in the house and the guy calls her-He Knows You're Alone, or something like that :hmm:

I think the movie's name is "When A Stranger Calls". My parents went to see that movie once, and one girl that they were sitting next to screamed and grabbed onto my dad's arm at one part. :p. That movie scared my mom pretty good, too. I've never seen it, though.

Originally posted by Danospano
"Halloween": The scene when Curtis is walking home from school and see Michael Myers in the distance for the first time and then sees him disappear behind the hedges...FREAKED ME OUT!!!

*Nods*

Michael Myers is one of the creepiest horror movie villains ever created.

I remember a couple of years ago, my town had held this Haunted Hayride for Halloween. I went on it with my family, and there was this part where these three guys with chainsaws came up to the cart we were riding on.

That scared the crap out of me (and my mom was a real help-she said to me, "I bet everyone's hoping those guys are just part of the hayride thing and that they aren't REAL psychos with chainsaws." Way to make me feel better, Mom! :|)! But then, when I got home, what movie did I decide to watch with my family?

"Halloween".

Yeah. Not too bright. I was actually considering leaving my light in my room on all night after all that with the hayride and the movie. When I went upstairs to go to bed, I checked all the rooms, all the closets, everything, just to make sure that I was alone. And the next day after school, when I walked home from the bus stop, I remembered looking around and eyeing the bushes and trees in my backyard as I walked to my house, hoping no psycho was hidden back there.

Other movies that have freaked me out:

"The Exorcist"-okay, the part where the girl's rising from the bed and she's got that insanely freakish look in her eyes...yeesh.

"The Ring"-thanks to my sister having me watch this movie with her, I am now scared of wells (that girl that came out of the well and out of the film was CREEPY!). And my sister told me that when she was at a friend's house, right after the part where that deadly video was played, her friend's phone rang. My sister said that she and her friend screamed bloody murder when that happened.

"13 Ghosts"-more or less for the bloody girl in that bathtub who held a knife. She had this psychotic look on her face, and thanks to that bit, along with the movie "Psycho", I get paranoid sometimes in the bathroom (and I still peek out from behind my shower curtain on occasion thanks to "Psycho").

"Scream" was definitely freaky. So was "Urban Legend".

"Carrie" was another creepy one. The parts that were the creepiest to me were the scene where Carrie's walking home after she destroyed the school and killed the kids-her eyes are all bugged out and she's drenched in blood...not a person I'd prefer running into late at night; and the scene where Carrie's mom is coming after her with a knife, and you see the mom from where Carrie's laying on the floor, and she's got this insane look on her face.

And yes, the Wicked Witch from "The Wizard Of Oz" scared me when I was little, too.

I've never seen "Jaws" or "Silence Of The Lambs" or "The Omen" or movies along those lines, so I can't say anything about them.

Someone mentioned "Labyrinth"-that movie didn't scare me. It just made me do this: :eyebrow:.

Angela

muhahahahahahahaha....

Moonlit_Angel said:

I was actually considering leaving my light in my room on all night after all that with the hayride and the movie. When I went upstairs to go to bed, I checked all the rooms, all the closets, everything, just to make sure that I was alone.
lol... the scariest moment is when you are opening the door to check the closet...just at the instant when you first look in. :evil:

I LOVE scary movies - though it's taking more and more to scare me these days - real life is so scary itself.
Having said that though - The Blair Witch Project freaked me out - but my husband even more so...I loaded a Blair Witch screen saver not long after and didn't tell him, he freaked out when it came up:shocked: VERY funny!!
Recently I thought 28 Days Later was pretty impressive, have to admit I jumped a couple of times in that film:yikes:
Cheers,
Mandy

the ring - theres something about a wee girl with a white dress and long black hair covering her face climbing out of a tv! freaky stuff!!

apart from that:
the shining-
omen- made alot more scary by the music!!

gav6519 said:
the ring - theres something about a wee girl with a white dress and long black hair covering her face climbing out of a tv! freaky stuff!!

*Nods like crazy*

EXACTLY! Frick, that was a creepy scene!

Originally posted by pub crawler
lol... the scariest moment is when you are opening the door to check the closet...just at the instant when you first look in. :evil:

Hehe, yep. :yes:.

Angela

Blair Witch Project- Oohh my god, I didnt sleep for two or three days... (the tooth scene :no: )

Fire in the Sky (alien doctors... :scream:)

Signs (some scenes from it)

The fly, with jeff goldblum, ohhh disgusting!!!

Acrobat_Al said:
Blair Witch Project- Oohh my god, I didnt sleep for two or three days... (the tooth scene :no: )

Fire in the Sky (alien doctors... :scream:)

Signs (some scenes from it)

The fly, with jeff goldblum, ohhh disgusting!!!

not even a normal fly is that disgustin :yuck:

U2zoogirl said:

not even a normal fly is that disgustin :yuck:

Thats why it's so scary, 'cause he's ugly as hell... :no:

but I have to admit one thing: I think that the scene when he throw up in the beard guy's foot (and hand!!!) is really, really cool :ohmy:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom