Movies that scared you the most

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
-"El perro andaluz" of Bu?uel: a very old movie ... there's a creepy escene where a man cuts a girl's eye, and the movie shows a close-up of the knife cutting the eye...

-The final scene of Poltergeist, the Tv without signal (that's really creepyyyy)

- And when I was a very little girl (10) macphisto used to scare me... because I saw scary movies with clowns and things like that. now I know that macphisto is not a clown, and I love him, but I can't stay close to a real clown.. they still scare me..

I haven't heard of Kids and Fire In The Sky.... are they newer?

Poltergeist used to scare me as a kid...and to this day, I'm still freaked out over clowns. You couldn't pay me enough money to go near one.

Fire in the Sky is based on a 'true' story, which makes it slightly scarier. Came out in 1993.

I couldn't even handle Fire in the Sky. I've only seen a few choice minutes of it. :no: I don't even like talking about it.

Has anyone seen The Changeling? The part where the medium is writing words on the paper was pretty wild. That's my husband's favorite scary movie.

Hmm, "Fire in the Sky" sounds interesting. I love horror films! Any more recommendations??

BTW, guess I'll add a film to the list. Okay, so this movie isn't so much of a 'horror' film as it is disturbing - "Funny Games." GHAW, I couldn't even finish watching the film.

when i was 8 labyrinth scared the hell out of me. or maybe it was just david bowie...

"Signs"

:reject:

That movie gave me nightmares for 2 weeks.

Also "Poltergeiest" which my parents kindly showed me as a young child. When I saw "The Sixth Sense", it brought it all back.

U2girl02 said:
Anyone seen Return to Oz? :shifty: Lara, if you think the Wizard of Oz is scary, you should see this one! I watched it when I was about 7 or 8 and I STILL have nightmares

Oh my god! That was terrifying--those wheelers were so scary!!!

I love horror films...I actually took a class on them last fall. I still need to see the Ring, although I know that one will scare the shit out of me. Some that freaked me out are:

*Halloween I and II (halloween is my favorite ever!)
*The Blair Witch Project (yes, this will be debated forever...I seem to find that people who find other horror movies really scary that I find to be stupid and funny, really hate the Blair Witch Project and call it stupid...:hmm: )
*The Exorcist
*Scream I

I know some others have spooked me, but these are the biggies for me.

hehe i was 12 wen i watch 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' the movie, at a 'sleep-over' oh and also along with 'Night of the Living Dead'

was scared shitless :eek:

'Scream' scared me too cos i was 17 and in the cinema expecting it to be REAL scarey... my friend threw the cinema magazine at me before the film started, i jumped and yelped!!!!

and oh 'Urban Legends', cos was at work, at night, was a stormy night and i watched a 'horror' movie wen kids went to bed, with the lights off of course!!! i scared myself LOL.

:eek:

i love scary movies tho :cute: i did think the ring was pants tho... all aside from the freak-ass stuff that happened to me. the film was a bit of a let down, so much hype, saying twas scariest film ever bla bla bla... i didnt think it was that scary, more creepy and eerie.

Last edited:
i saw the Wizard of Oz last when i was 6 or something, and i don't even remember any of it. i'm obsessed with Amedeus, but it never gave me nightmares. i was in awe for quite some time, though. people were talking about The Ring in French today. i've never seen it. mostly because no preveiw or person who watched it was ever able to give me a plot line, and i don't watch movies if i don't know what they're basically about.
but, anyway, the movies that scare me most are the Leprechaun movies. my brother used to love those, but every time he rented them, i just went upstairs and played because everytime i dared watch them, i got super-paranoid. also, the Child's Play movies he liked and i couldn't watch. the Sixth Sense kind of scared me, but i was more interested in the surprise ending than any scary bits after it was over. i really, actually liked it. but, when i was little, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory scared me. specifically the Oompa-Loompas. they still freak me out.

I don't watch scary films

but on occasion you are hopeless drawn into watching them when they come on TV

I remember seeing Stephen King's 'It' when I was 6 or something and feeling mighty sugared up afterward

but the number one, hairs on end, sleepless night, screaming in the morning film

The Omen.

wow there are a lot of movies there that i havent seen......
noone has mentioned texas chainsaw massacre, surely someone has seen it my friend brought it around for me on vcd for a loan...i have watched the opening text, then i stoped it lol, i'm scared easy!

Re: dont laugh at me

guaca said:

Werewolf in London..scared the crap out of me.

I was in my mid-30's and this still scared the hell out of me! :scream: It was that running scene through the open fields and you could nearly feel the presence around ther actor David Naughton (he used to sing the Dr. Pepper jingle!)

The Poseidon Adventure scares the hell out of me.
I don't want to go on a cruise ship whenever I see that

Perle

When I was little the Wicked Witch of the West scared the crap out of me! One of my brothers always used to imitate her voice when he wanted to frighten me.

I saw the original Halloween when I was 13 or so. That seriously messed me up - I couldn't sleep a wink that night.

I've never been brave enough to watch The Exorcist.

womanfish said:

BonoBabe,
Take another read through. I mentioned the incredible Evil Dead! :)

Ahhhh Im sorry...that movie was the subject of many a nightmare..the way they laughed *shudders and hides under the couch* Still cant watch it....

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Pet Semetary (that's how it's spelled)

That's true, I never realized it's spelled like that. Anyone know why? (I havent read the book, and havent seen the movie for like 10 yrs)

I read the book Pet Semetary in junior high. But it's been so long now, I don't remember why it's spelled that way. Perhaps it was because the Pet Semetary was kind of a homemade informal deal with a misspelled sign. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom