Movies that I have seen recently

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack In The Box

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
and this is just my opinion

The Alamo... 3/10: 3 is for pity

Le Fabuleux destin d'Am?lie Poulain... 10/10: beautiful, beautiful movie

Mulholland drive... 7/10: It wasn't what was expecting, maybe was expecting too much

The Passion of the Christ... 8/10: Good accomplishment, good performances, good photography, good direction, touching, etc... a story seen 363567 times

Frida... 5/10: great soundtrack, poor movie

I would like read opinions of movies that you have seen recently :)

Amelie :drool: :Oh, I like your avatar, its one of the gnomes pictures haha. :up:

I have been watching so many movies recently....

Educating Rita - hilarious, funny, charming, a little sad, its a really ambiguous ending which is sort of annoying :up:

Meet Joe Black - brilliant, funny.

Shadowlands - I cried through about half of this movie :uhoh: :reject: a bittersweet tale, very good.

Love actually: One of those feel good movies, leaves you with a warm glow (could have been the wine though)

Lost in Translation - It was Ok, I didnt get what all the hype was about. :slant:

Big Fish - took a while for it to get interesting imo and sort of bored me, but it picked up and I really liked it in the end.

Field of Dreams - an old movie but good yarn.

I have seen more movies than this but I can't remember which ones - Ana y Otto, a Spanish film but I havent finished watching it yet and am also going to watch some older films this weekend like Green Card, Edward Scissorhands and A League of their own which were all excellent as far as I can remember.

well, since my memory sucks, and i don't see a lot of movies, i can't remember what i've seen recently. i don't recall seeing anything in the last month though, other than some russian films for school.

I hated Lost in Translation

I just saw Somethings Gotta Give and I loved it. I swear I have a friend who is just like Jack's character.

yes! Lost in Translation is now in my movies top 10, great movie

Lara: I loved the gnome around the world, my favorite character :lol:

Lost in Translation wiped me out for days. I was heartbroken. I was gobsmacked that I was heartbroken.

Capturing the Friendmans was very good. Edge of your seat good for a documentary of that nature.

I hated Something's Gotta Give because, well, I'm young, and don't like romantic comedies.

Cheaper By The Dozen - hated it - but I don't like family films.

Underworld - really enjoyed it, because I loved the clever twist.

Mona Lisa Smile - not a bad movie, although most of the content infuriated and depressed me.

HelloAngel said:
Lost in Translation wiped me out for days. I was heartbroken. I was gobsmacked that I was heartbroken.

Yep, me too--but still, I love it sooo much. Capturing the Friedmans is definately a must-see. I finally saw it last December, and it's very powerful.

I haven't really seen much in theatres lately cos I've been so broke. I did see Starsky and Hutch, and it was entertaining, but ok. I still really need to see Eternal Sunshine...

Miracle: :up:
Pretty good, especially considering the fact that I'm not a big hockey fan. The acting was great, I thought Kurt Russel was pretty awesome, and the story was inspiring. The extent of my knowledge of the 1980 Olympics is what they showed on I Love the 80s, and, even though I knew the Americans beat the Russians, I was still on the edge of my seat.

The Passion of the Christ: :up:
Amazing movie. Gibson is incredible. It's possibly one of the best made films I've ever seen. Plus the story... just incredible. The sleeves of my hoodie were soaked. I'm so glad I saw it.

Donnie Darko: :up:
This movie had me totally confused for a few days, and my brain was shot for about a week, but I think it was really good. One of those films that really gets ya thinking...

Save the Last Dance: :up:
Aww... your typical chick-flick-trying-not-to-be-a-chick-flick movie. It was great though, the dancing was awesome, the story was sweet, it was good times.

this weekend i saw:

Walking Tall - was good, entertaining.

Hellboy - very cool movie.

Jersey Girl - excellent movie. this one i recommend:up:

I haven't been to the cinema in a while, but...

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. 10/10 - Just fantastic, deserved every one of the Oscars it won, if you haven't see it you should.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. 7/10 - I think they did the best they could with this film, but I have to say I still prefer the book to the film.

Good Will Hunting. 10/10 - This was on tv the other night and I couldn't resist the chance to watch one of my favourite films again. I love everything about this - storyline, script, acting, everything.

Fever Pitch. 8/10 - A must-see for any football fans. Unless, like me, you're a Liverpool fan, in which case this will have you hiding behind the sofa in despair. :lol:

Divine Intervention. 9/10 - This probably isn't most people's type of film, but if you like slightly quirky, art-type films and have an interest in middle eastern culture, you'll enjoy this.

I saw The Passion of the Christ on Friday night...WOW!:up:

Today, I watched John Q another wow :up:

We Were Soldiers - Mel Gibson in Vietnam. I've seen better Vietnam movies and better Mel Gibson movies but it wasn't bad. 7/10.

Freaky Friday - Jamie Lee Curtis. It was excellent. Great family movie. 9/10.

Last movies I rented..School Of Rock..I thought it was so funny and charming

Shattered Glass-a pretty good movie, good acting too

The most recent ones in the theater-

Jersey Girl :up:

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind :up: I guess :hmm:

Starsky And Hutch :down: thought it was lame and not that funny :shrug:

I haven't seen The Passion only because I'm afraid of the violence. I prefer to wait for the DVD and watch it in private

In the past month:

Starsky and Hutch: My fiance and I were the ONLY people in the theater laughing at it :uhoh:

Zoolander: :lmao:

Lost in Translation: :up::up:

Dawn of the Dead (original): :slant: Okay, but too long...got kind of tedious after about an hour

Edward Scissorhands: :up::up: I found the DVD for ?10 and had to buy it

Shrek: :up: I thought it was okay, but not amazing.

City of God: :drool: One of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Calendar Girls: :up:

Johnny English = I thought it was hilarious myself. I couldn't stop laughing. My fiance thought it was dumb tho but you can't help but laugh at Rowan Atkinson so I give it a :up:

Dicky Roberts = This was really funny as well. I liked it alot and so did my fiance :up:

Mullen-Girl said:
Dicky Roberts = This was really funny as well. I liked it alot and so did my fiance :up:

:yes:. I saw that this weekend, too. Very funny, indeed. Had a few sweet moments as well. And I loved the song at the end. :laugh:.

I also saw "Freddy vs. Jason" this weekend, too. Didn't really know what to think of it. It relied quite heavily on the blood and guts stuff, and a lot of those scenes were rather gross...:sick:. It was just a really weird movie, one I can't really give a good or bad rating to.

Angela

Intolerable Cruelty - George Clooney & Catherine Zeta-Jones

What a load of crap - DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE - It was a waste of my time. I like both Clooney and Zeta-Jones but even they couldn't save it. I was extremely disappointed.

:down:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I finally saw 21 Grams last night. Very powerful, I'd give it an A. :up:.

21 Grams is a great movie, if you liked it, I recommend you the previous movie of Alejandro Gonzalez I?arritu... "Amores Perros", his masterpiece

fah said:
Intolerable Cruelty - George Clooney & Catherine Zeta-Jones

What a load of crap - DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE - It was a waste of my time. I like both Clooney and Zeta-Jones but even they couldn't save it. I was extremely disappointed.

:down:

I saw this recently too on DVD and was suprised at how bad it was, seriously to anyone who has not seen this, dont even bother watching it on TV- its that bad.....

these are some of my more recent faves,

Down with love
swimming upstream (aussie film with Geoffrey Rush, very good and based on a true story)
greenfingers (nice, feel good British film)
pirates (I bought the special edition DVD!!!!!):wink::drool:

I saw Calendar Girls on the weekend and thought that it was very slow and boring and we also got out Seabiscuit and I was pleasently surprised by this one- I would never of picked it myself, but I am glad that a friend got it out- very moving story and I am so glad that for once, Hollywood didn't throw in a romance narrative into a story that didnt need it.....

also I saw About a boy not to long ago and it was just wicked, I thoroughly enjoyed that film....:wink:

Back
Top Bottom