Movies that freaked you out when you were a kid.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
I saw it when I was quite young. The scene where they were floating in that chamber with the bubbles and almost got chopped to pieces by the fan freaked me out. Also the fact that naughty children would just disapear and never come back. I thought that might happen to me if I was bad. Basically the general freaky vibe of the movie with the oompa loompas and everything.

My mother had nightmares about Dumbo when she was a kid. The scene where Dumbo got drunk and hallucinated pink elephants. Her older sister had to accompany her to the bathroom when she woke up in the night to pee because she thought the pink elephants would get her.

Calluna said:
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
I saw it when I was quite young. The scene where they were floating in that chamber with the bubbles and almost got chopped to pieces by the fan freaked me out. Also the fact that naughty children would just disapear and never come back. I thought that might happen to me if I was bad. Basically the general freaky vibe of the movie with the oompa loompas and everything.

Haha!....Same movie, different parts... I always got frightened of that part where Mr. Slugworth confronts Charlie in the ally and is talking to him and looking straight into the camera and his eyes get really big and creepy. I'd always run and hide at that part because I thought he was looking at me.
Also that infamous scene on the boat in the tunnel with the weird music and images flashing up on the walls scared me. It's a kind of creepy movie isn't it? I still love it though.

a lot of these movies are movies that are scary for anyone, this thread is supposed to be about movies that scared you as a kid that really isnt scary now.

for me that was the wizard of oz. the wicked witch of the west was one scary mother.

icelle said:
For me that movie would be The Exorcist. I forgot how old I was when I first saw it, but my father...well he let me watch it once. That part where the girl turns her head all the way around...fuck.

I'll probably think of another one later on down the line.
:uhoh:
yeah I know what your mean!!
I was like 10 or 11 years old,
it scared the "hell" out of me - literally.
I was such a good girl, I prayed every night
because I didn't want to be possessed by
a demon.
I still won't see it, although I
remember enough not to see it again.

I love Amadeaus too! :yes:

I loved Willie Wonka when it came on TV when I was a kid. I liked the part where the rich girl sang the "I want it now" song and got dumped down the bad egg thing. I used to sing the oompah loompah song "what do you do when your kid is a brat" song over and over until my older siblings and parents wondered, just what DO you do? ;) :lol:

You probably haven't heard of it, but there was this miniseries on TV called "Harvest Home" that creeped me out, and anything with space aliens gave me nightmares. But I did like Star Wars and Darth Vader didn't really scare me. I was like 7 when it came out.

Ernaest Scared Stupid did the job on me...

I wasn't able to be in the bathroom without checking the shower for goblins for a good year

when i was 7 ish Gremlins freaked me out big time :eek: i used to think they lived under my bed and would always 'jump' out of bed so they wouldnt grab my feet :lol:

teenage years ... buffy the vampire slayer movie freaked me out when i was 12 :reject: hehe.

oh and the nightmare on elm street movies were scary but i loved them. ;)

i like to be scared :crack:

Ghostbusters 2 freaked me out as a kid! :lol: :reject:

As for other movies that STILL terrify me:
Any Poltergeist movie
The Shining
Child of Glass (really messed up Disney movie)
Pet Sematary

Chizip said:

for me that was the wizard of oz. the wicked witch of the west was one scary mother.

I forgot about that one! The Flying Monkeys always scared me--and the part where she sees Auntie Em in the ball and the image turns into the Witch. :reject:

When I was a kid I was freaked out by virtually everything. I remember how I REALLY wanted to see Terminator 2 but was too afraid, so I watched it by standing in the doorway and looking at the reflection in the glass cupboard which was opposite the TV.

The first time my Mum took me to the movies we left the cinema in the middle of the session because I was scared when the main character has broken the vacuum cleaner and it was smoking and making terrible noise (I was really afraid of the vacuum cleaners until I was seven, :)).

AvsGirl41 said:
I forgot about that one! The Flying Monkeys always scared me--and the part where she sees Auntie Em in the ball and the image turns into the Witch. :reject:

Yeah- the Flying Monkeys are creepy!

I was also freaked out by the trees that throw apples.

Kristie said:
It.
I swear, there's a generation of 20 year olds that hate clowns now because they saw that on TV as a young'un. I was scared of my bathroom for months.

Same here. Clowns - :no: :der:

Back
Top Bottom