Movies Movies Movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JemEvans

War Child
Hello, Hello. I'm @ a place called Vertigo...-devi
Alright this kinda came up just now in the chat so i'm thinking.... What was The worst/best movie you have seen in your entire life so far?? It can be anything... hell even a musical for your own scary reason. I think for me... if I had to pick best so far...it'd have to be Bram Stokers Dracula and for worst...some movie a friend of mine once rented when we were doing this whole slumber party called The Vampire Journals....cheesy as hell! and the so called "special" affects ! Goth i wouldn't even want my worst enemy to have to watch that ! anywho. post of not to this..it's up to you guys. ok i'm done.
LATERS!!
-Jem- woo-hoo my status have moved up to The Fly >
smile.gif

Rattle and Hum was the best of course..
wink.gif
There was also a Stanley Kubrick movie called The Shining, which is probably the best movie ever made. The worst? Hmm, there's SO many...Cruel intentions 2, Finding Forrester, etc..

------------------
"I think that Edge is the head of the band, I'm the heart, and Adam and Larry are the feet." - Bono, 1981

u2er@u2email.com

Music video :

Best : ZOO TV - Live From Sydney

Worst : don't have one

Films :

Best : Trainspotting or Star Wars ( EpIV,V,VI ) or Forrest Gump or THING or Flew Over Cookoo's nest

Worst : Batman & Robin , Grease , Alien 4 : Resurrection ////

Best: Lots of candidates. Nightmare Before Christmas is totally awesome, Rattle And Hum is good..

Worst: Glitter. *vomit*

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Best-Braveheart, A Beautiful Mind

Worst-Cecil B. Demented (I was in it), Captain Correlli's Mandolin

Funny you should post this.......

This movie has won NUMEROUS awards, but......

"In the Bedroom" was, by far, THE WORST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN. BY FAR. IT IS SO TERRIBLE.

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

Best-- the first Star Wars trilogy, Say Anything

Worst-- hmmm....I did pay actual money to see the Charlie Sheen/Emilio Estevez movie "Men at Work" but then Britney's movie is coming out this weekend. Maybe I should just go see it to have a new worst.

Mole-- did you actually pay money to see Glitter?

Wow. This is a tough question. There are so many factors to consider when judging films so broadly. However, for me, I would have to say that the film that I've enjoyed most on a deep level is The Shawshank Redemption. Great story, acting and directing.

On the filpside of that, I would have to say that the movie that has pissed me off worse than any film and has actually done a disservice to the filmmaking industry is a tie between Godzilla (the new shitty one) and The Phantom Mennace. After watching these two films, I was very upset. Not only did they get $9.00 from me on opening day, but they took four hours of my life. When I'm old, I'll want those hours back. Awful films.

I'll just focus on the best movie I saw last night. Does it get any better than "The Graduate"? I think not.

Best - Apollo 13, Gladiator, Schindler's List, Good Will Hunting, Braveheart, Shawshank Redemption, Saving Private Ryan, Thomas Crown Affair (the one with Pierce Brosnan and Rene Russo), Lord of the Rings, Little Women, Mulan, Anastasia, Robi Hood: Men in Tights, Sophie's Choice

Worst - Blair Witch 2

------------------
*Never is a promise and you can't afford to lie...*

Best Movie - Shawshank Redemption
smile.gif

Worst movie - any horror movie with american students in it
frown.gif

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

Best Shawshank Redemption absolute masterpiece

Worst Piranha 2-The Spawning..regular fish crossed with flying fish=killer flying fish with an appetite..what was Cameron thinking??

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 02-14-2002).]

I am a movie buff, in fact movies are the only thing on par with u2, so I can't limit myself to one!! Sorry!!

Best: Fight Club, Boogie Nights, Shawshank Redemption, Rear Window, Memento, Sound of Music, Say Anything

Worst: Summer Catch, She's so lovely, Crash,

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

I can't decide:

The Godfather (part 1)
at least, that's where my username comes from
biggrin.gif

or

Shining
Jack Nicholson simply rules.

------------------
Take the money and run

I agree..Jack Nicholson rocks.

------------------
"I think that Edge is the head of the band, I'm the heart, and Adam and Larry are the feet." - Bono, 1981

u2er@u2email.com

The Shining
The Godfather

Worst has to be the new Britney Spears movie. I dont even have to watch it.
tongue.gif

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 02-15-2002).]

Best: Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Worst: um, if I say Titanic my girlfriend will kill me so Titanic! or um er so many to choose!
er anything that is just explosions and pointless stuff like that.

------------------
?*~cloudimani~*?

Memento. Yep, the BEST!
Crossroads. Yep, the WORST!

------------------
*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.*

flibbertigibbet

The Edge, it's a direct object.

"I'm forgetful. But above all, I'm lazy."

Back
Top Bottom