Movie scenes that make you uncomfortable...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't believe no one has mentioned the woodchipper scene in "Fargo." Ewwwwww.

There was also a rape scene in "Salvador" which disturbed me horribly - way more so than all the other violence in the movie.

Movie scenes don't usually make me uncomfortable (except sex scenes with other people, naturally).

But the ONE scene that really makes me squirm is at the end of Hannibal when Ray Liotta's character's brain gets eaten while he's still alive...something about that really disturbed me to no end...:yikes::crack::no:

This is still the only scene in all the movies I've ever ever seen that has made me physically ill:
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
When the girl has been strapped into the chair and she screams nonstop for about five minutes and the camera does an extreme closeup on her eye. :yikes:

Bono's American Wife said:

That and the murder scene in Alpha Dog.

I have to turn it whenever it get's to that part. Really too much to take.

The part in the remake for the The Texas Chainsaw Massacre where they pick up the hitchhiker and she commit suicide. Ughhhh!

U2democrat said:

But the ONE scene that really makes me squirm is at the end of Hannibal when Ray Liotta's character's brain gets eaten while he's still alive...

You forgot the mention the most squirmy part of that: Hannibal feeds it to Liotta's character. Thusly, Liotta's eating his own brain. :tongue:

I watched The Godfather for the first time with my dad. The scene where Michael's first wife strips. Uncomfortable thanks to the presence of my father.

BonosBaby12 said:

Really? I thought it was just Cari and I who were grossed out by it lol

Are you kidding me? You guys were laughing throughout! :lol:

I was like "man, this movie is brutal... literally!" :yikes: lol.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I once watched American Beauty with my mom.

Um, yeah... 85% of that movie, not so good to watch with a parental unit.

Yeah, mom and I rented that on a whim when I first really started getting into Kevin Spacey with no prior knowledge of what it was about

I still can't believe she left it on five minutes in...you know what happens :lmao:

And Swimming with Sharks...:shudder:

What's with Spacey movies and awkward scenes? Sloth in se7en IS really creepy too like someone else said

The closest I've ever felt to being physically ill because of a movie was the surgery scene in Saw III.

But that was because it brought back AWFUL childhood memories, because I fell out of a tree when I was a kid and cracked my head open and...:no: you get the idea.

Sicy said:
Sex scenes for sure.. if you're not watching alone.
Very true. If I'm with my big brother, it's fine; it's extra fun, actually, but with my parents, it can be odd. When I was a teen, I was so shy, I'd walk away and pretend to not be interested to impress my parents. :)

I'd say the hardest scenes to watch involve violence that I could physically carry out because I'm partly afraid I could go mad and do these things:

1. American Psycho: the oral sex scene is so terrifyingly cruel.

2. Pan's Labyrinth: the wine bottle scene in which the fascist commander finds the farmers. Just awful; I wish I'd never seen it! Didn't care for the morally simplistic film, either.

3. Fight Club: the scene in which Edward Norton is beating that guy almost to death really scares me; I once lost control in a fight when I was 5 and, out of fear of my own strength, I've never fought again. This illustrates that fear.

Now look I love 'Showgirls' - it's crass, campy trash - one of the best unintentional comedies ever. However there are two scenes that just derail the whole thing.

1. Elizabeth Berkely and Kyle MacLachlan going at it in the swimming pool. It is juts gross and the fact that there are rumours they were really going at it at the directors urging... yuck.

2. The rape scene and the high kicking Power Ranger Nomi Malone shit that follows it. It just seems that an hour and a half into the film the writer suddenly thought he needed to make a big statement. So yeah - rape is bad - we know that. However glorifying violence for the sake of violence is sickening.

Apart from those two scenes I love that shit ass film. :drool:

"It's pronounced ver-sar-chi!"

Vivisection scenes are about the only things that make me cringe a bit; rape, murder, rape of murder victims, sex, drugs and rock'n'roll are all fine but something about dismantling a person while they are still alive is quite disconcerting to me.

For some reason I have no problem with a movie like Cannibal Holocaust

UberBeaver said:
The nail scene in Serpent and the Rainbow. Holy fucking shit.

The plot for that movie sounds hilarious.

"An anthropologist goes to Haiti after hearing rumors about a drug used by black magic practitioners to turn people in zombies."

I'd say any movie with a graphic rape scene kind of makes me uncomfortable.

The worst rape scene I've ever seen was in Death Wish II. Not only was it graphic, but it went on for several minutes.

Dancer In The Dark just floors me - it is so... emotionally wrenching - and that may be the hardest thing. When a film gets you invested with the characters (which in theory any good film should) it is really hard going when something happens.

Poor Selma. When the music cuts out... wow.

Edgette said:
The torture scene in Swimming With Sharks, with Kevin Spacey.

And the part in Pet Semetary when the possessed kid slices Herman Munster's foot, ugh. :no:

Hell yes. I've never looked at an Achilles Tendon the same way since.

I bought American History X recently, never having seen it before. Now I'm not sure I can.
:huh:

Back
Top Bottom