Movie Pet Peeves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:rant: Here we go...... :uhoh:

1) I sat through 30 feckin minutes of brain-jellifying commercials and stupendously craptastic previews this afternoon before finally getting to X3. Is this really necessary?? I mean, it's already cost me $543 for two tickets, a half gallon of Coke and a basin of corn - surely everyone's making money off me. I shouldn't be subjected to a sitcom's worth of SHITE so I'll go out and line more pockets!!!
2) Speaking of commercials at the movies, if I have to watch one more @#*$)@ singing puppet telling me that I could have bought my tickets before I got to the theater by going to Fandango, I just may become violent. :mad:
3) Have all the original ideas been used up in Hollywood????? Were there only a few to go around to start with & they've all been doled out? Exhibit A: Do we realllllllly need remakes of The Omen, The Brady Bunch, The Dukes of Hazzard, The Hills Have Eyes, etc., etc., etc., etc.????? I tell you what I'm waiting for now - the "Family Ties" remake. You know - where Frankie Munoz plays the Michael J. Fox part and Tina Yothers makes a Special Apperance in the Meredith Baxter-Birney part? :eyebrow:

(OK - I just made that last part up - I am NOT waiting for such a creation. Although it wouldn't surprise me to find out it's already in production. :rolleyes: )

I tell you, after the movie today, I'm really starting to worry that I'm turning into an old fogey. Seven or eight trailers and the only thing that DIDN'T make me want to vomit was the trailer for a movie based on a feckin' roller coaster!!!!!! (Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest)

It's official.......... we. are. lost. :banghead:

Last edited:
PlaTheGreat said:
:mad: Yes!!! :madwife:
That's all we get in these damn Miami theaters. Local TV commercials with bad acting and stupid reggaeton music. Either that or "The 20" from Regal/AMC theaters. Both are equally bad. :barf:

I don't ever have to sit through commercials before the main attraction. Before a movie starts the only thing I have to put up with is title cards with movie trivia or local advertisements (no video). Music is rarely ever played in the background, but when it is it's usually just classical music :drool:

:heart: Southern AZ Century Theaters :heart:

I had to sit thru commercials as usual, which I abhor. And not only movie trivia and local advertisements (real estate agents, restaurants, etc.) but I had to watch a music video for James Blunt - twice, since I made it to the theater twice in one week.
grumpyno.gif
grumpytsk.gif
I feel your pain BluRmGrl

I really like going to my neighborhood theater, which is locally owned (Elttaes Theaters ... Seattle spelled backwards! :wink: ).

They don't show commercials. Before they showed the latest Harry Potter flick, one of the owners came out and gave a little spiel, thanked us for our support, and said they do not show commercials before the movies at their theaters. The whole audience erupted in applause. It was great.

Back
Top Bottom