Movie Name Game #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
East of Eden

MsMofo - :ohmy:

15,000 posts!:applaud:

e118.gif

Good thanks. Trying to do a bit of work for uni at the moment!

Did you get to finish work early yesterday, after going in early??

One Hour Photo

Nope ... but, was paid OT instead. I'm not that busy right now for Nov. but will have to keep caught up, as we celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday and have a 4 day weekend. So, I don't want to get behind or else I'll be sorry. :ohmy:

On Golden Pond

Never Been Kissed

Yeah, there are lots of holidays coming up - particularly with Chrstmas looming. When is Thanksgiving?

Hello Tiny Dancer!:wave:

I will miss you too! :hug: You will have a great time, though! Blow the boys a kiss from me :kiss:

You guys have turkey at Thanksgiving don't you?

Spellbound

Thanksgiving holiday weekend is Nov 24th and 25th, Tilli !!
Hello tiny dancer :wave:

Dead Calm

Turkey, sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce ... and lots of wine ... :drunk:

^We have all that on Christmas day here:hyper:. Do you have Mulled Wine?:drool:

Monsoon Wedding

It is :drool:

It consists of red wine heated up with some orange juice and spices in it. You usually buy the spices sachets from the supermarket and just put them in a saucepan with the wine. (Spices such as cinammon and cloves.) It is served warm.

I suppose it is more common over here since it gets cold this time of year and it is a warming drink. I can recommend it on a cold day.

Lolita

I cut and pasted this from a recipe I have just found online!

To make about 15-20 glasses

Ingredients
Two bottles robust red wine: can be as cheap as you like as long as not too astringent
One bottle tapwater
3cm piece of fresh ginger
One quill cinnamon
Teaspoon each of juniper berries, fennel seed and allspice
12 cloves and 12 cardamon pods
One orange and one lemon
Sugar and spirits to taste (see below).

Method
Peel the ginger and almost slice it through several times to expose the interior. Thinly peel the orange and lemon, reserving the flesh to serve later. Put the peel with all the spices in a big pan (preferably stainless steel, as enamel can discolour and hold the smell for a disconcerting time). Pour over the wine and water, bring to a simmer, and leave, covered, to steep overnight.

When you are ready to serve (or to bottle for later), cut the citrus into neat slices. Bring the wine almost to the boil, then remove from the heat. Stir in sugar to taste (I like only a couple of tablespoons, but lots of people expect it quite sweet). If not worried about the alcohol and the expense, pour in some brandy or other spirits.

To serve, pour into a warmed jug though a sieve, and add the fruit slices. For obvious reasons, stemmed glasses or pottery goblets are most comfortable to drink from.
To bottle, strain and fill almost to the top. Add a few bits of assorted spice that won't get stuck in the neck of the bottle (but not any peel) then cork. (If you are bottling it all, you can leave out the water and sugar, and add these later.) Use the fruit slices for something else.
Tip: Avoid the temptation to add apples, pears, cucumber, bananas or any other soggy fruit whatsoever :)

Ooops, before I derail the thread:

Saw:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom