Mount Typo, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's it, Australia's fucked for three years minimum.

Maybe we'll be lucky and there'll be the madness of a double dissolution.

The Senate might be a bigger clusterfuck than I ever could have imagined.

Haven't caught up on the election thread yet, will do so tonight. But I just wanted to repost this, it's so fucking funny.

1235934_434760679975144_728255485_n.jpg

What's up with Gruen Planet tonight? Why the rapturous applause every time Wil Anderson draws breath? I mean, he's a pretty funny guy but I'm suspicious that they're making some sort of meta point about canned applause and stuff. :scratch:

I didn't notice any more or less applause than usual ...?

I'm so glad they're now doing a North Korea segment. It would warm my heart, but my heart was executed a few purges ago.

Really, really sad. I didn't get a ticket this year because Massive Attack was the only act on the bill I was really keen on seeing but might have been persuaded by the second announcement. It's a great shame because it's the best one-day festival I've been to, a really nice vibe in a spectacular environment.

Not much will top seeing Sigur Ros at nightfall with the Werribee Mansion in the background.

I didn't notice any more or less applause than usual ...?

Maybe it's always like that... I've only seen a few episodes this year, and I was over-tired and probably irritable last night, but it just felt almost comically (or commercially) excessive. *shrug*

Was that Gruen's last show for the year as well as Hamster finishing up?

No, Gruen's got seven or eight more episodes ahead of it. :up:

If Harvest is cancelled and AJ Maddah does a series of smaller headline tours instead, that'll work out for everyone like me who only ever wanted to see one or two bands from the Harvest bill and didn't want to go to the festival itself. The "no sideshows in Harvest cities" policy was always a pain. I get why he did it of course, but from my perspective it sucked - especially since AJ's always busy whoring out every Soundwave artist he can at sideshows.

Someone at work said that Harvest was cancelled, and they (?) are trying to organise tours for the various artists next year... which works out for me since I'll be away in November.

Well yeah, that's what looks likely. Not confirmed yet though - Maddah's still yet to officially pull the pin.

The strange thing is he was tweeting about how good the second announcement was... well bloody announce it!

Yeah that's so bizarre. If it's that good, shouldn't it drum up sales? But now it seems like he's got cold feet about it all. Going public with his concerns is just going to be a self-fulfilling prophecy - people who were on the fence won't buy because they're now going to expect a cancellation.

I think we should all blame Brisbane though. Just 18% sold? That's dire.

I get my bachelors in 3 and a bit years but then again I will be sufficiently qualified for my field so that can't be bad.

I'm probably just going to be a barista or something like that next year, but some mates and I are looking at a place in the city to rent for studios, it's got room for a gallery too and will be super cheap if we get enough people, so I'm really excited for that. If I can sell enough work on the side, everything will be coming up Milhouse.

I'm probably just going to be a barista or something like that next year, but some mates and I are looking at a place in the city to rent for studios, it's got room for a gallery too and will be super cheap if we get enough people, so I'm really excited for that. If I can sell enough work on the side, everything will be coming up Milhouse.

That sounds very cool. :up:

Back
Top Bottom