Mount Tarawera, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I hear on the intarwebz that you have a job interview, Bonnie?

And yes, let's get a t-shirt list thingy up. I'd do it, but I'm hardly ever around here much.

Yeah. I'm filling in for a guy who couldn't make it. I figure I'll go along, have some lulz, enjoy a week away, and probably write some good tirades.

Ha, I wasn't actually being serious!

I look forward to the tirades.

can i throw money at someone for a shirt? as long as they're not white, anyway. a fitted tee would be best. and i can electronically transfer money to ali or axo by this friday if there is an idea of what the go is with them? or just deposit, like $60AUD and say if that's not enough then not to bother?

... this is of course if ali or ax don't mind and the tee's are dark in colour and fitted/extremely cool!

can i throw money at someone for a shirt? as long as they're not white, anyway. a fitted tee would be best. and i can electronically transfer money to ali or axo by this friday if there is an idea of what the go is with them? or just deposit, like $60AUD and say if that's not enough then not to bother?

... this is of course if ali or ax don't mind and the tee's are dark in colour and fitted/extremely cool!

No need to pay that soon - we don't even leave the country for almost two weeks. I'd hope $60 would be enough ... shall we wait and see what prices/styles are at Barcelona, then I'll get everybody to put in a list of requests and pay up front if possible? I'll talk to Alison as soon as she's online and make sure we can do this.

No need to pay that soon - we don't even leave the country for almost two weeks. I'd hope $60 would be enough ... shall we wait and see what prices/styles are at Barcelona, then I'll get everybody to put in a list of requests and pay up front if possible? I'll talk to Alison as soon as she's online and make sure we can do this.

This is a good idea. Better make sure we have someone checking out prices and stuff on the ground then.

This is a good idea. Better make sure we have someone checking out prices and stuff on the ground then.

I'm pretty sure Matthias will fill me in so we can post it on U2gigs. He was meticulous re: merch on Vertigo.

Note to self: reading every single word in the manual rather than skipping over bits you think aren't relevant often hinders progress.

OK folks, just spoken to Alison and we should be able to do shirts for you people. I'll get back to all of you later in the week to organise some details.

Ax, that is superbly kind of both of you. It might turn into a huge hassle, with lines and so on, so please know that you can bail on the idea at any stage on this trip. I'd hate to think you lined for 30 minutes or something just for us!

We'll be getting merch for ourselves, so I think it won't be too much extra fuss to pick up some stuff for you folks as well. :)

Hell, just hand him a slip of paper with 'u2gigs.com' written on it. He'd probably actually look at it, too.

I sometimes wonder if U2's minders check fansites like U2gigs.

Especially when I run articles like yesterday that quite honestly could've got someone fired.

Oh, the article with the photo? Yeah, sometimes one wonders.

Yeah ... U2 have been strictly asking the press to not publish spoilers and security around Camp Nou has become tighter (though come on, they're playing loudly in a stadium!). Now, I'm sure that guy's photo probably wouldn't have even been discovered if it had just been left ignored on that pro-sound forum, but here I am going "hey everybody look look look!" I doubt he'd actually get FIRED, but maybe reprimanded. I deliberately didn't link to the actual post on that forum, especially since you have to use your real full name to post there, but it could still be easily found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom