Mount Tarawera, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I've seen the video with my own eyes, I find ES too hard to buy.

Part of me just thinks they did it for the camera or something. I guess because I remember them properly rehearsing it - rather than Larry just hitting a glockenspiel - on Vertigo and it never got played.

Meh, They play ES? Awesome. They don't? That's fine. I don't mind either way when compared to the holy grail.

I think they'll play ES at least once in order to make their website not look like the piece of shit it is.

I'm living vicariously through the setlists, so they better be good, damn it, :lol:

There's nothing they could do to make u2.com not look like the piece of shit that it is.

That said, greenday.com is also shit. Official band websites just fail, it seems.

:adam:: Oh, just a home movie to show to the kids.
:larry:: ... kids? You don't have kids!
:half of Ireland:: ... yes he does.

The thought of Adam having multiple illiegitimate children never ceases to amuse me :laugh:

The thought of Adam having multiple illiegitimate children never ceases to amuse me :laugh:

If U2 had played New Zealand around April 1986, I'd possibly be worried that I'm one of them.

:eyebrow: Care to elaborate?

Axdam? I was conceived April 1986.

But thankfully for me, the last (and then only) time they were in New Zealand was August-September 1984. I only have my mother and father to blame for the ridiculous Adamy 'fro.

Ashley, do you realise the U2 gig closest to when I was conceived is Self Aid?

I just don't know what to make of this!

:hmm: Where were U2 in June 1984?

Recording UF. The closest live appearance is when Bono appeared on stage with Bob Dylan at Slane on 8 July 1984 and couldn't remember the lyrics to Bob's songs so he just made up shit.

Recording UF. The closest live appearance is when Bono appeared on stage with Bob Dylan at Slane on 8 July 1984 and couldn't remember the lyrics to Bob's songs so he just made up shit.

:lmao: Respectable.

Wow. I didn't know about this at all.

I know I've looked up the show nearest my birthday before, but I'll look it up again now.

Three days after I was born:

U2 Joshua Tree Tour
The Joshua Tree 3rd leg: North America
1987-09-10: Nassau Coliseum - Uniondale, New York, USA
<<< 1987-09-08 - New York | 1987-09-11 - Uniondale >>>

Setlist:

1. Bullet The Blue Sky
2. Where The Streets Have No Name
3. I Will Follow
4. Trip Through Your Wires
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Exodus (snippet)
6. MLK
7. The Unforgettable Fire
8. Exit
9. Silver And Gold
10. In God's Country
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Help
13. Helter Skelter
14. Bad
15. Running To Stand Still
16. New Year's Day
17. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

encore(s):
18. One Tree Hill
19. With Or Without You
20. Party Girl
21. 40

Comments: First performance of One Tree Hill.

WAIT! There was something the day after I was born

U2 Various Dates
Various Dates: 1978-1989
1987-09-08: 'Trip Through Your Wires' - American Radio - New York, New York, USA
<<< 1987-08-08 - Cork | 1987-09-10 - Uniondale >>>

Setlist:

1. Interview
2. Lucille
3. Lost Highway

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom