Mount Tarawera, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You made the fucking semi-finals. What are you complaining about?

Well I suppose the best I can come up with just will never be good enough then. This was probably my one chance at winning this thing. I'll never get that far again, I'm sure, because I'll never put nearly that much time and effort into creating the most perfect flow I'll ever create again. Maybe having some of the all-time great songs hurt me because people are tired of them. And I fucking hate DI for that. DI V: I'm gonna vote for this list cuz it has a bunch o' classics on it and I love them! DI VI: I'm gonna vote against this list cuz it has a bunch o' classics on it that I listened to too much because they're amazing but I'm tired of them this time cuz they were in DI VI!

Anyway, I'm sure my rant means nothing since I made the semi-finals. And means less because you probably dislike my list in the first place. But flying fuck I hate the inconsistencies within voting trends between DI's.

And when I posted that, I was down 6-3.

Your list was probably my favourite out of the lot, Andrew. Had a good mix of just about everything. I'm just disappointed to see the accusations flying around, though. I can't fucking believe that.

(717): one day jon is going to snap and they are going to make a new show called "jon and chainsaw minus 9"

:lmao:

Well I suppose the best I can come up with just will never be good enough then. This was probably my one chance at winning this thing. I'll never get that far again, I'm sure, because I'll never put nearly that much time and effort into creating the most perfect flow I'll ever create again. Maybe having some of the all-time great songs hurt me because people are tired of them. And I fucking hate DI for that. DI V: I'm gonna vote for this list cuz it has a bunch o' classics on it and I love them! DI VI: I'm gonna vote against this list cuz it has a bunch o' classics on it that I listened to too much because they're amazing but I'm tired of them this time cuz they were in DI VI!

Anyway, I'm sure my rant means nothing since I made the semi-finals. And means less because you probably dislike my list in the first place. But flying fuck I hate the inconsistencies within voting trends between DI's.

And when I posted that, I was down 6-3.

I think you just put me off voting for you. I was going to, you know.

You're in the top four. You should be happy, and you have utterly no room to complain. Whether or not you win, your list has performed with distinction and been strongly praised. Now excuse me while I feel pissed off about not winning a single round and only getting feedback from two people, while nobody who voted against my list even acknowledged hearing it in the first place.

Yeah, so, I'm kind of compulsively buying books at the moment. Got Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man today. Should make for an interesting read for the history/politics nerd in me.

I also totally need to buy a fedora before heading to Europe.

Yeah, so, I'm kind of compulsively buying books at the moment. Got Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man today. Should make for an interesting read for the history/politics nerd in me.

I also totally need to buy a fedora before heading to Europe.

www.hatworld.com.au for a cheap one; City Hatters under Flinders Street Station for a genuine expensive one.

I should clarify: a 'cheap' fedora would be a wool felt one, so probably not waterproof and quite stiff, an expensive fedora would be a fur felt hat, warmer, softer and possibly waterproofed - also harder to take care of, but better looking. Luckily we live in Australia, where some of the best hats are made - Akubras are renowned around the world for being some of the best hats available.

Oh, and wool felt fedoras lose wool after some time. It's a touch annoying - my brown fedora has a noticeable patch in the pinch where I've rubbed against it and it's lost wool.

I should clarify: a 'cheap' fedora would be a wool felt one, so probably not waterproof and quite stiff, an expensive fedora would be a fur felt hat, warmer, softer and possibly waterproofed - also harder to take care of, but better looking. Luckily we live in Australia, where some of the best hats are made - Akubras are renowned around the world for being some of the best hats available.

Oh, and wool felt fedoras lose wool after some time. It's a touch annoying - my brown fedora has a noticeable patch in the pinch where I've rubbed against it and it's lost wool.

Aha. I should probably buy one in person, since I'm leaving so soon. What sort of cost am I looking at here?

Aha. I should probably buy one in person, since I'm leaving so soon. What sort of cost am I looking at here?

Depends. Wool felt fedoras are easier to get online, fur felt fedoras in person. It should only take three or so days for it to arrive from the online store though.

The wool felt fedoras I'd recommend are between $35 and $50 with $10 p+h, the fur felt fedoras from $100 upwards. Might be a good idea to get a travelling one, so one that you can roll up or something.

Easy solution: have a look at the online store as they sell both, if you want a fur felt fedora then we can go to City Hatters on Tuesday, otherwise buy it online IMO.

Depends. Wool felt fedoras are easier to get online, fur felt fedoras in person. It should only take three or so days for it to arrive from the online store though.

The wool felt fedoras I'd recommend are between $35 and $50 with $10 p+h, the fur felt fedoras from $100 upwards. Might be a good idea to get a travelling one, so one that you can roll up or something.

Hmm ... spending $100+ on a hat seems a bit extreme. But then if it's going to be something that'll last, it could be a good idea. I'll have a quick little think about it, otherwise hit City Hatters next week just to peruse their range, see what I like. There is the factor that I'd like to try on a hat before I go buying it.

What could be done is that I bring along one of my wool felt ones so you can have a look at what it looks like as well as checking out City Hatters.

And yeah, $100+ is a bit much for a hat, which is why I haven't bought one yet, but it's supporting an Australian industry, which I do like, so I'll eventually get one.

Oh, hadn't noticed the daily hiccup was done.

What could be done is that I bring along one of my wool felt ones so you can have a look at what it looks like as well as checking out City Hatters.

And yeah, $100+ is a bit much for a hat, which is why I haven't bought one yet, but it's supporting an Australian industry, which I do like, so I'll eventually get one.

Hm, though that's on Tuesday, and I leave at the end of the week, so that could be pushing postage fine. I'll have a think tonight. I would really like a GOOD fedora, and I'd like to try it on, see how it looks on me. Maybe some other style of hat would suit me better ...

Hm, though that's on Tuesday, and I leave at the end of the week, so that could be pushing postage fine. I'll have a think tonight. I would really like a GOOD fedora, and I'd like to try it on, see how it looks on me. Maybe some other style of hat would suit me better ...

Just ask yourself; What Would Adam Do?

And Liam. :wave:

Hope everyone's well this evening. I ... think I ate too much chocolate earlier. :crack:

I don't think chocolate was ever meant to mix with gyoza and pizza shapes, though ...

All I know right now is that my stomach, which usually has a stupidly high tolerance for chocolate and can't get enough, is feeling more nauseous than anything.

saw the hangover last night, awesome movie.

now just kickin' it, watching 'the germans'.

back from hospital, nan is sick all over, and says she is "ready to go" :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom