Mount Hopeless, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have nothing really to add but to say I am back from Beijing and here is a picture of me in the Bird's Nest -

imgp0992ln7.jpg

Qu'elle exciting, non?

:giggle:

You sure it wasn't Tim Moriarty? :wink:

I scored a Larry and an Edge autograph... and a lifetime of embarrassment over freezing up like a braindead mollusc. :reject:
Come on, I'd been baking under the hot sun for three days and GAed through two shows... brain = mush!

Nice work :up: It could have been that Tim guy, (who's he? :reject:) He still kinda annoyed me :lol:

I usually only queued from about 1pm and either got on the rail somewhere or was second or third. I didn't really see the point of arriving earlier.

Though my greatest stroke of luck was in Boston. Rocked up about 5pm. Got on the bloody rail. To this day don't know how I managed that.

I don't know how you managed it queuing up at 1pm! Were there seriously spots still free on the rail when you got in? Cos the Saturday, I was three deep off Adam's catwalk. But then I didn't pissbolt like half the other people did.

TNMP, haven't seen you for a while - and your trip to the Games would explain that! Cool picture. :up:

What did you make of Beijing?

Oh there were birds - slovenian long jumpers... mhhhmmmm... eastern european....

I've been to Beijing many times - but at least this time people were polite(ish). Security was piss eay (despite what a few Aussie media outlets reported) and transport was OK. I saw a lot in a short amount of time as well as visiting Shanghai and Xi'an. Good times. Saw Steve Hooker win his pole vault gold and almost get arrested for singing the national anthem too loudly. Damn security men.

Nice work :up: It could have been that Tim guy, (who's he? :reject:) He still kinda annoyed me :lol:

Tim Moriarty (unless I've totally forgotten his first name) was the guy playing didgeridoo for Kite. I'm sure he wouldn't have had to queue outside a hotel if he'd wanted an autograph :wink:

We had an annoying American guy in our hotel queue... tried to swap sunglasses with Larry. :lol:

I don't know how you managed it queuing up at 1pm! Were there seriously spots still free on the rail when you got in? Cos the Saturday, I was three deep off Adam's catwalk. But then I didn't pissbolt like half the other people did.

It was easy at 1pm to get within two or three just about anywhere along the rail at almost every show. I suppose my fast walking helps me out? :shrug:

In Brisbane, we got there at 2pm and we probably could've been on the rail along the outside of the b-stage arms, but there was this spot where the floor rose a little just a bit back from the b-stages, so we stood there. Especially for my 5'3" mother, that extra inch of height was valuable.

Tim Moriarty (unless I've totally forgotten his first name) was the guy playing didgeridoo for Kite. I'm sure he wouldn't have had to queue outside a hotel if he'd wanted an autograph :wink:

We had an annoying American guy in our hotel queue... tried to swap sunglasses with Larry. :lol:

Ah yes, well it definitely wasn't tim :lol:

Oh there were birds - slovenian long jumpers... mhhhmmmm... eastern european....

I've been to Beijing many times - but at least this time people were polite(ish). Security was piss eay (despite what a few Aussie media outlets reported) and transport was OK. I saw a lot in a short amount of time as well as visiting Shanghai and Xi'an. Good times. Saw Steve Hooker win his pole vault gold and almost get arrested for singing the national anthem too loudly. Damn security men.

:laugh:

Some of the media reports about Beijing were kind of hilarious and kind of sad, really. Channel 7 were terribly patronising.

Were you there for anything like Usain Bolt's insane 100m and 200m wins?

It was easy at 1pm to get within two or three just about anywhere along the rail at almost every show. I suppose my fast walking helps me out? :shrug:

In Brisbane, we got there at 2pm and we probably could've been on the rail along the outside of the b-stage arms, but there was this spot where the floor rose a little just a bit back from the b-stages, so we stood there. Especially for my 5'3" mother, that extra inch of height was valuable.

Cool beans... I'll have to go for the middle bit, at a future show, I reckon. I'm just a bit worried that my non-existent sense of balance will end in me falling over and getting trampled... assuming there's enough room to fall over. :wink:

Cool beans... I'll have to go for the middle bit, at a future show, I reckon. I'm just a bit worried that my non-existent sense of balance will end in me falling over and getting trampled... assuming there's enough room to fall over. :wink:

I never once went for the middle. I did the b-stages, I did Edge and Adam's sides, but the middle around Bono just looked like far too much effort to be worth it. I generally found Edge's side to be the best place to be.

I did see the 100 heats - but did get to see the 200m final. That guy is scary fast. It was also fun to see the Chinese lose at a few things.

Random imageness -

here is one of the silly mascots deflating in the Water Cube...

imgp0604ix8.jpg

and here is a stuffed dinosaur at the terracotta warriors (don't ask!)

imgp0467jr9.jpg

and teh happiest non-Disney place on Earth - Hooters Shanghai!

imgp0359ki9.jpg

On that note it's goodnight from me!

I never once went for the middle. I did the b-stages, I did Edge and Adam's sides, but the middle around Bono just looked like far too much effort to be worth it. I generally found Edge's side to be the best place to be.

It was supremely awesome watching Edge do UTEOTW and MW from two meters away. :drool:

Laughs from iTunes.

Multiple matches were found online for this CD. Please choose the correct one:

Aaa... Aaa... Faszooooom - JUTU
The Joshua Tree - U2

I did see the 100 heats - but did get to see the 200m final. That guy is scary fast. It was also fun to see the Chinese lose at a few things.

When their champion hurdler pulled out, the atmosphere in the Bird's Nest looked like a bloody funeral!

Great pictures! The stuffed dinosaur one in particular is hilarious. :lol:

Have a good night! And the same to Daniel! :wave:

Bonnie, I presume the next tracks are Entry and Fathers Of The Apparent?

And oh fuck, it's late. I haven't finished what I wanted to post to Dad either. Oh well. I can't stay up any later, so too bad for him.

I better go to sleep. Hope Reggo and Serena show up soon to keep this Hopeless thread going. G'night folks. :wave:

Edit: Note the stats on my departure!

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 176
User Name Posts
Alisaura 47
Axver 45
The Sad Punk 36
bono_man2002 33
KhanadaRhodes 10
thatsnotmypuppy 3
COBL_04 2

Last edited:
Bonnie, I presume the next tracks are Entry and Fathers Of The Apparent?

And oh fuck, it's late. I haven't finished what I wanted to post to Dad either. Oh well. I can't stay up any later, so too bad for him.

I better go to sleep. Hope Reggo and Serena show up soon to keep this Hopeless thread going. G'night folks. :wave:

Edit: Note the stats on my departure!

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 176
User Name Posts
Alisaura 47
Axver 45
The Sad Punk 36
bono_man2002 33
KhanadaRhodes 10
thatsnotmypuppy 3
COBL_04 2

Yeah! Fucking good album, that. God knows how we've got it, what with it being released in 7891 and all.

I should be doing the same. Wait a minute, I thought I said I was leaving two hours ago. And I've just been doing nothing since. Oh man, am I glad I don't have Tafe first thing tomorrow now.

Keep it real Ax, you have a good one! :wave:

Haha, I can never keep a lead going. I feel like my football team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom