Mount Hopeless, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver is wearing a black t-shirt with "Porcupine Tree" written across the chest, I think RockMerch brand, but it could be TopHeavy's tour shirt released last month, grey Levi's washed jeans, Puma sneakers and a Chronos brand ring watch. I ask if we can order our curry at this new Indian-Nepalese restaurant but he just keeps talking about goddamn fucking trains, and soon I'm imagining myself standing up and wrapping my hands around his neck until he starts gurgling four digit fucking train names in high pitch as his face turns blue and everyone in the restaurant is staring at me, but that wouldn't matter, I would just be strangling this train loving son of a bitch and asking him to order his goddamn lamb korma...
(gets more violent)

:lmao:

Ooh, I remember why I was so tired today. I watched Apocalypto last night at 1am. You know, that Mel Gibson movie about the Maya. It was pretty cool, better than I was expecting, but also much more mindless than I was expecting and often unnecessarily gruesome. And also unnecessarily conquistadoretastic at the end.
Ack. I took one look at an ad for that and went "no thanks". :huh:

:retracts offer of sending My Mistake: :madspit:
Bah, who needs you, train boy...

:evil:

Thats because Limewire sucks! :mad:
This is sometimes true. It usually doesn't let me down with relatively well-known stuff, though.

I can tell when I'm not wanted here. :sad:

No, seriously, need to do a couple of things. Back in 20 minutes or so. :wave:

Ack. I took one look at an ad for that and went "no thanks". :huh:

I thought the same when it was released, but this guy at Tafe loves the Maya so we talk about them a bit (I'm no expert on them but I do love Native American history) and he kept on recommending the movie, so yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if he's into the Maya because of Apocalypto. Not that I have a problem with that, I got into history because of video games...

My very all time favourite file sharing program was BearShare circa 2005, when it didn't have the crappy paying layout and stuff that it has now. It accompanied me well on my early shoegazing journeys.

Now I just use blog search.

I thought the same when it was released, but this guy at Tafe loves the Maya so we talk about them a bit (I'm no expert on them but I do love Native American history) and he kept on recommending the movie, so yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if he's into the Maya because of Apocalypto. Not that I have a problem with that, I got into history because of video games...

Fair enough...

What video games, just out of curiosity?

I can't even remember what got me into geology and palaeo. Probably David Attenborough docos. :love:

My very all time favourite file sharing program was BearShare circa 2005, when it didn't have the crappy paying layout and stuff that it has now. It accompanied me well on my early shoegazing journeys.

Bareshare was good, but I think I remember using something else that I preferred, it wasn't Napster, though that was good, there was something else....

I haven't really used a blog search, mind putting me in the right direction? :wink:

Fair enough...

What video games, just out of curiosity?

I can't even remember what got me into geology and palaeo. Probably David Attenborough docos. :love:

Age of Empires series. :love:

I was into dinosaurs when I was a kid though, of course. And I still find myself reading up on them far into the night sometimes, but I do that with almost anything these days.

Bareshare was good, but I think I remember using something else that I preferred, it wasn't Napster, though that was good, there was something else....

I haven't really used a blog search, mind putting me in the right direction? :wink:

Google Blog Search

Search for an album and you'll likely get the goods!

Oh, Soulseek was pretty good too, although it was mainly for certain niches.

Age of Empires series. :love:

I was into dinosaurs when I was a kid though, of course. And I still find myself reading up on them far into the night sometimes, but I do that with almost anything these days.

I haven't tried Age of Empires... I wasted a great deal of my time at Uni playing Civilisation II, though. :up:

Dinosaurs are awesome. I guess some people don't grow out of that :D

Ax, when you get back... have you called the venue about the Opeth gig and your cane and stuff?

</nag>

Also, the venue for Aust. U2 Show on the 6th is Pugg Mahone's in Carlton. Won't be parking under the bloody IMAX this time!!

I don't think they'll have any more room in there than they did in the Irish Times... cramped much!

I haven't tried Age of Empires... I wasted a great deal of my time at Uni playing Civilisation II, though. :up:

Dinosaurs are awesome. I guess some people don't grow out of that :D

I tried getting into Civ, but I don't have the patience for turn based games, I find - only the Total War games (which are also historical), I like the diplomacy and strategy in them often more than the actual battles. So I prefer real time strategy. :up:

Nobody should grow out of liking dinosaurs. Because, well, they're dinosaurs!

For me it was mainly about the first one. :lol: But it wasn't until Age of Mythology that really got me caught into ancient Greek stuff, beginning with reading the Iliad and then getting into historical documents.

I can't remember which one it was, but might have been 2003 or 2004, when they had a free copy of it with some cereal competition or something...I remember playing a lot of that version.

Ax, when you get back... have you called the venue about the Opeth gig and your cane and stuff?

</nag>

Also, the venue for Aust. U2 Show on the 6th is Pugg Mahone's in Carlton. Won't be parking under the bloody IMAX this time!!

I don't think they'll have any more room in there than they did in the Irish Times... cramped much!

No, though when I picked up my tickets from Ticketek, I asked the woman there if she thought I'd have a problem and she very confidently said I'd have no issue getting it into the venue ...

Ah, the place we've eaten at before? Righto, I'm in for that. And yeah, I'm having a hard time imagining how they'll fit ...!

I tried getting into Civ, but I don't have the patience for turn based games, I find - only the Total War games (which are also historical), I like the diplomacy and strategy in them often more than the actual battles. So I prefer real time strategy. :up:

God, I fucking hate turn-based games. I don't even see the point. It just slows the game down for no useful reason. It's like the gridiron of warfare strategy or something.

The greatest filesharing in the history of mankind was Oink, RIP. :sad:

The world of torrents and of music has never been the same. Now I use Sordo and Blogsearch and Shareminer and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom