Mount Gay, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind, I'll leave after this:

You know I don't mean it in an insulting way. You don't have to believe me but I do which is why I don't want to get aggressive with you. I find you to be a compassionate person. You are above this mission to hurt me. You despised what I had/have become but you can't see what you've become? You have become as bad if not worse than I was. The truth is you are the kind of person that everyone likes. You can do no wrong in their eyes. That can be a great thing. Unfortunately, it means no one will help you stop this behavior of yours like they did with me. It pains me to say it but you've become the new Screwtape.

I am not leaving. I don't feel I have to explain why beyond saying that things have changed with me. I hope things change with you. I really do.

I know you don't mean it in an insulting way, that's what makes it worse. I'm not on some mission to hurt you either, but when I find things that make me laugh, I laugh. It's a natural reaction. Again, it's not the most mature way to deal with it, but I'm not a mature guy, so there's that.

As for me becoming "the new Screwtape," Whatever your interpretation of that is, it's grossly mistaken and absurd. I don't know what I have done in particular that sets me apart from everyone else... is it because I'm in U2 Heaven? Beats me.

Look, people can't "change" overnight - it's a gradual thing. In the end, you should be comfortable with who you are and how you express yourself. I'm not going to fool anyone into thinking I know all or don't need to learn anything, we're all growing and maturing at any age... especially ours. The ability to recognize that and actually learn from your past experiences will make you a more knowledgeable and "better person." It doesn't mean you can't be yourself, but it does mean you can be real with people and not this sugary nice to them all of the time. If I have something nice to say to you in particular, I will say it... if I don't, then I don't. You have shown to me, over time, that you lack that ability to learn, and although you may delude yourself into thinking you do, to me, you don't.

In the end, this is one guy's opinion - hopefully fully explained, articulated, and precise. Do I expect you to take any of this truly to heart? No, but that's part of what it's all about. I'm not going to take anyone's "honest" opinion about me unless they're honest to themselves.

Why I typed this all out to you, of all people, I don't know. I expect you to take this post and morph it into something completely off of my point. I feel sympathy for you because you don't know what it is you're talking about and are unable to fully listen to people who try to help you. When you learn to listen, I mean actually learn that, then you might actually "change," but as of right now, I don't see it.

---

I apologize to everyone else here for having to read this. And now, I must really be off to bed. :wave:

130 posts in a superthread though... holy shit. :rockon:

I'm so having pizza for lunch tomorrow.

From my favourite place too, if I can remember how to drive there from here. I have'nt been there in too long.

Fuck you, now I'm thinking that tomorrow night, I'll order in from my favourite place too.

Screwtape, look, I don't want to get involved with anything that's between you and LMP, but please, take it elsewhere. The Superthreads have been dragged down by enough arguments and mudslinging between various individuals (including me, of course) and we don't need any more of it. It makes the threads a less nice place to be, and it causes trouble for the mods. This is just a place for people to hang out, relax, and have fun. Not to have arguments or do anything that requires mod intervention. If you feel the need to call LMP out for something he's done, would you please do it elsewhere? This cyclical argument has gone on far too long and I'm frankly tired of seeing the embers reignite.

And this? Is just ridiculous.

If I thought LMP was being an arse, I'd call him out. I've called people out before if I think they need to be called out - usually on AIM or e-mail, but I'm sure you've seen me do it on the forums. But from his behaviour that I've seen, I don't feel the need to do that, and it's untenable and going too far to say he's pursued the patterns of behaviour you've pursued that people here have taken issue with.

Oh, I agree that it doesn't belong in the Superthreads but neither does LMP's constant jabs and insults of me. LMP's behavior these days doesn't belong here either. This all stops when HE stops mudslinging in the Superthreads.

Axver, you said of my behavior at its worst as being a mockery of myself. I couldn't describe LMP better. His jabs and insults hurt the Superthread. Like I said, LMP is the kind of person that everyone likes and none of you are going to call him on how he is acting. He needs your help.

I'm so having pizza for lunch tomorrow.

From my favourite place too, if I can remember how to drive there from here. I have'nt been there in too long.

Something seems wrong with my last sentence. But I'm really quoting this to ponder if I'll have pizza or hit up a bakery.

Can't decide. By tomorrow it'll probably be neither and I'll have potato chips forl unch.

Someone got shot in a hold-up at my favourite pizza joint a few years ago. Thanks for making me hungry, btw.

Pfft, that's nothing. Our Pizza delivery man was killed by kids. We moved house after that. Our error in that was that we moved to an area that is outside the fucking delivery zone :doh:

Oh, I agree that it doesn't belong in the Superthreads but neither does LMP's constant jabs and insults of me. LMP's behavior these days doesn't belong here either. This all stops when HE stops mudslinging in the Superthreads.

Axver, you said of my behavior at its worst as being a mockery of myself. I couldn't describe LMP better. His jabs and insults hurt the Superthread. Like I said, LMP is the kind of person that everyone likes and none of you are going to call him on how he is acting. He needs your help.

I don't care. Take it elsewhere. Discuss it in private. Don't make a fuss in public. You brought this up out of nowhere while LMP and I were talking music, so I'm going to address this to you rather than to him. I've no interest in taking sides here. I don't feel the need to call out LMP for anything he's done, so I won't. And as far as the substance of your disagreement with him goes, I don't feel the need to call you out either. I'm only calling you out insofar as this is not the place to discuss/argue about your problems with LMP. Take it elsewhere. The Superthreads are an enjoyable part of my day and I don't want them buggered up by stupid ongoing arguments and I don't think anybody else does either.

That's all I have to say on the matter. I suggest that if you must reply to me, do so off the forum. I'd prefer this conversation and this entire cycle of arguments to end right here, right now, though. Thank you.

Pfft, that's nothing. Our Pizza delivery man was killed by kids. We moved house after that. Our error in that was that we moved to an area that is outside the fucking delivery zone :doh:

our pizza man was KILLED by kids.

that is ummm worrying !
nice ghetto you must have had there, sounds like something that woud happen here,

i love that you are more worried about living outside the delivery zone ! Bwahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom