Mount Gay, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Blow Out is actually not bad.

You may even find a second Sonic Youth song to like after Unmade Bed, too. Dirty Boots is the song that Vertigo "borrowed" its baseline and riff from, but U2 never steals shit. Never, ever.

So I know you all like to make light of my musical tastes so I thought I might share this. I was wondering where I thought Achtung Baby stood for best 90's albums. Now I like Achtung Baby but it came in at...18th. :reject: Though the albums ahead of it might be more worthy in your eyes for the reject smiley. :wink:

1. Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos
2. Adore by Smashing Pumpkins
3. Ten by Pearl Jam
4. Outside by David Bowie
5. Voice of Love by Julee Cruise
6. From The Choirgirl Hotel by Tori Amos
7. Under The Pink by Tori Amos
8. No Angel by Dido
9. Wish by The Cure
10. Violator by Depeche Mode
11. Von by Sigur Ros
12. Agaetis Byrjun by Sigur Ros
13. Earthling by David Bowie
14. Listen Without Prejudice by George Michael
15. The Division Bell by Pink Floyd
16. Save Our Children by Pharoah Sanders
17. Original Soundtracks 1 by Passengers
18. Achtung Baby by U2

Early Radiohead brings the RAWK. Sort of.

I seem to recall not being that bugged by The Bends, actually. Haven't played it since 2005, though, and I know Thom Yorke still irritates me on it, just not as much as OKC-onwards.

I'm not even sure if I've ever heard of the Zombies :uhoh:

!*&!(&^&#)^&FYEYHFE&F^E*%^#$^&#^&^#*(#^(*^%*&^#%#*(_^

Well, obviously you've heard Time Of The Season before. That's the Zombies. But Odessey And Oracle is their best album and a definite 60's classic. Even fucking Pitchfork gave it a 9.4 or something.

You may even find a second Sonic Youth song to like after Unmade Bed, too. Dirty Boots is the song that Vertigo "borrowed" its baseline and riff from, but U2 never steals shit. Never, ever.

Yeah, I'm enjoying Dirty Boots right now.

I bet they heard Vertigo and went back in time to release this and make U2 look bad. I don't get why people hate U2. :tsk:

Yeah, I'm enjoying Dirty Boots right now.

I bet they heard Vertigo and went back in time to release this and make U2 look bad. I don't get why people hate U2. :tsk:

That makes perfect sense.

</un-shun>

Screw, Kate Bush didn't release an album in the '90s?

</re-shun>

!*&!(&^&#)^&FYEYHFE&F^E*%^#$^&#^&^#*(#^(*^%*&^#%#*(_^

Well, obviously you've heard Time Of The Season before. That's the Zombies. But Odessey And Oracle is their best album and a definite 60's classic. Even fucking Pitchfork gave it a 9.4 or something.

Oh yesh, I have heard that song....thank God. :lol:

Pitchfork :faint:

Oh yesh, I have heard that song....thank God. :lol:

Pitchfork :faint:

Yeah, yeah, this one is definitely next. Man, the harmonies on that album are something wonderful to behold. 75% of it is unearthed gems, and the rest is Time Of The Season.

LMP, I was surprised you picked New Orleans Instrumental No. 1 of all REM songs when I saw your tracklist, but it works well in the tracklist's context. Good work on the segues and cohesion*. :up:

*What now?

LMP, I was surprised you picked New Orleans Instrumental No. 1 of all REM songs when I saw your tracklist, but it works well in the tracklist's context. Good work on the segues and cohesion*. :up:

*What now?

I wanted to put an '80s R.E.M. track on there, but that one fit perfectly. Maybe next time. Gotta show bitches how it's done. :)

Thank ya, sir. My favorite transition is coming up, too.

Yeah, yeah, this one is definitely next. Man, the harmonies on that album are something wonderful to behold. 75% of it is unearthed gems, and the rest is Time Of The Season.

:love: I think I'm already getting a shopping list ready for next time i got to the record store I discovered today...

STILLS FROM CHINATOWN! A Patriot Games movie poster! Film magazines from the 30s! God what a store

Hey LMP, I see you're catching me in the postwhore stakes. :ohmy: :lol:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 673
User Name Posts
Axver 127
LemonMacPhisto 108
KhanadaRhodes 88
bono_212 76
LemonMelon 63
phillyfan26 40
the tourist 34
hardyharhar 26
coolian2 25
phanan 13
gluey 13
RegularBonoFan 10
Lila64 10
The Sad Punk 9
Angela Harlem 8
unico 7
DreamOutLoud13 5
Screwtape2 5
VintagePunk 3
BoMac 2
love_u2_adam 1

Wow. 34 from me? I've been pretty vacant, even though I'm here more than normal today.

:love: I think I'm already getting a shopping list ready for next time i got to the record store I discovered today...

STILLS FROM CHINATOWN! A Patriot Games movie poster! Film magazines from the 30s! God what a store

:up: Support these forgotten artists (or not so forgotten, in Simon And Garfunkel's case :lol:)

Another easy pick: Jefferson Airplane's Surrealistic Pillow. Somebody To Love and White Rabbit are gimmes, but it's gorgeous acoustic psychedelia the whole way through.

Yeah, you've been far too absent lately, though understandably.

And LMP, an Adam Sandler song? :laugh:

I had to drag myself out of the Roy Orbison-superserious/David Lynch connections somehow. ;)

"The Goat Song" is a masterpiece of epic proportions, you know it.

I had to drag myself out of the Roy Orbison-superserious/David Lynch connections somehow. ;)

I am a simple goat
I live on the back of a pick-up truck
The old man tied me here with a 3-foot rope
Am I happy? He don't give a fuck

:up: Support these forgotten artists (or not so forgotten, in Simon And Garfunkel's case :lol:)

Another easy pick: Jefferson Airplane's Surrealistic Pillow. Somebody To Love and White Rabbit are gimmes, but it's gorgeous acoustic psychedelia the whole way through.

Someone to Love and White Rabbit are on the SAME ALBUM!?

Live and Let Live's outtro pretty much owned all.

So I just read a letter in the paper that was a really good commentary on violence in New Zealand, up until the conclusion. The conclusion was, and I'm paraphrasing here, New Zealand needs more God!

So close, yet so far.

This is fucking strange! And nearly eight minutes long? Good god! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom