Mount Gay, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Shit, that scared the crap out of me. I didn't hear Sound of Silence in Save The LIfe of My Child the first time :faint: (yes I'm listening to the album again)

Listen to it forever :drool: The Sounds Of Silence sample is cool beans.

Love's album is coming your way. Just a minute.

Listen to it forever :drool: The Sounds Of Silence sample is cool beans.

Love's album is coming your way. Just a minute.

:lol: forever you say? I may grow a tad tired of it.

I seriously thought I was going slightly insane for a moment there when SOS came on :lol:

Yeah, I didn't figure you for the mindless action lovin'-type. Glad to be wrong though. :)

One of my favourite authors is Matthew Reilly (well, until recently; his last couple of books seem to be written by a 10 year old, and without a teacher hovering nearby to correct him either), and he writes absolutely mindless action, but it's a fast-paced story and I thoroughly enjoy it. Good way to waste a few hours, you know? And they'd be perfect as movies.

Especially before I had the Internet, action books and movies were very much my form of escape, when I just wanted to stop thinking and enjoy something for the hell of it.

Wow, Seal has a song other than ... that really famous one that was everywhere in the nineties.

One of my favourite authors is Matthew Reilly (well, until recently; his last couple of books seem to be written by a 10 year old, and without a teacher hovering nearby to correct him either), and he writes absolutely mindless action, but it's a fast-paced story and I thoroughly enjoy it. Good way to waste a few hours, you know? And they'd be perfect as movies.

Especially before I had the Internet, action books and movies were very much my form of escape, when I just wanted to stop thinking and enjoy something for the hell of it.

That's awesome. What are your favorite action/adventure flicks?

My top 5:
Die Hard
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
The Empire Strikes Back
Aliens

Wow, Seal has a song other than ... that really famous one that was everywhere in the nineties.

The one that was on Batman Forever with Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me? That was the first U2 song I owned. Due to that soundtrack.

The one that was on Batman Forever with Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me? That was the first U2 song I owned. Due to that soundtrack.

"Kiss from a Rose" is a great song, but way too overplayed. I remember putting it on DI1.

"Prayer for the Dying" and "Crazy" are crackin' tracks, too. I can only take his stuff in doses though, it can get a little repetitive.

My top 5 (off the top of my head)

Batman Begins
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
The Empire Strikes Back
Alien
Troy

That's awesome. What are your favorite action/adventure flicks?

My top 5:
Die Hard
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
The Empire Strikes Back
Aliens

Oh, honestly, I don't feel I could really tell you. Partly because I essentially haven't watched many movies at all the last couple of years (you lot are starting to make me think of taking a walk down to Video Ezy, though), and partly because I just don't think I know movies well enough to really state a top five that's worth a damn or that I'd stand behind.

But my very favourite movie, not just in this category but full stop, is The Great Escape. Great story, great characters, great acting, and some great action too, like the famous motorbike chase.

My top 5 (off the top of my head)

Batman Begins
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
The Empire Strikes Back
Alien
Troy

Temple of Doom is all over the place, but it's good fun. It's got better action set pieces than Raiders, but it's not a great overall movie.

Alien over Aliens, or was that a typo?

Begins is one of my favorite films, but I think the action scenes left something to be desired. Hopefully they're better in The Dark Knight.

Oh, honestly, I don't feel I could really tell you. Partly because I essentially haven't watched many movies at all the last couple of years (you lot are starting to make me think of taking a walk down to Video Ezy, though), and partly because I just don't think I know movies well enough to really state a top five that's worth a damn or that I'd stand behind.

But my very favourite movie, not just in this category but full stop, is The Great Escape. Great story, great characters, great acting, and some great action too, like the famous motorbike chase.

That's alright.

I've been meaning to see The Great Escape for quite some time, and glowing opinions from both you and El-Mel is pretty awesome to see.

Have you finished the first half of the list yet?

Temple of Doom is all over the place, but it's good fun. It's got better action set pieces than Raiders, but it's not a great overall movie.

Alien over Aliens, or was that a typo?

Begins is one of my favorite films, but I think the action scenes left something to be desired. Hopefully they're better in The Dark Knight.

I've always liked Temple of Doom the best. Ever since I was very small. I just watched all three of them recently and enjoyed it the best again. And yes, Alien over Aliens for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom