Mount Gay, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, I was actually just going to ask you.

21CSM goes well into the Mingus track.

You seen any of them?

Thanks, and Mingus remixed by my favorite member of Wu Tang... RZA! If you pronounce his name correctly, it sounds like an Aussie nickname (Rizza).

Fakin' It was awesome...Punky might've been the one thing I haven't liked so far

And Jesus Christ I love Mrs. Robinson.

I don't know about Beck...perhaps I could listen to this one album , give him a chance ya know.

And ElMel you are made of win, if you need anything let me know

Punky is weak lyrically, but has a great melody. It's about dodging the Vietnam draft, though it's considerably stranger sounding than that.

You're entirely welcome. :hug: We agree on Mrs. Robinson as well. It's one of those childhood memories of mine...I heard it a lot when I was little because my mom played those kind of stations on the radio all the time. I still love that song.

The covers in question:

hollywoodfreaksqd9.jpg
comfyinnauticamt1.jpg

blowoutzr8.jpg
thatsentertainmenttg6.jpg

I may even dedicate my list to the shark from Jaws, or the women of Interference, whichever comes first.

You seen any of them?

Thanks, and Mingus remixed by my favorite member of Wu Tang... RZA! If you pronounce his name correctly, it sounds like an Aussie nickname (Rizza).

I imagine I've seen Predator and Jaws, but I can't say I recall them. With some exceptions, I don't remember a terrible lot of what I saw prior to turning 15 in any substantial detail, though.

Now onto I Am The Walrus.

I'm a big sucker for melody too. So you may even like Cat Stevens :ohmy:

Cat Stevens :hyper: :uhoh:

Punky is weak lyrically, but has a great melody. It's about dodging the Vietnam draft, though it's considerably stranger sounding than that.

You're entirely welcome. :hug: We agree on Mrs. Robinson as well. It's one of those childhood memories of mine...I heard it a lot when I was little because my mom played those kind of stations on the radio all the time. I still love that song.

Yeah I KNOW I like Mrs. Robinson because my favorite tape when I was little was the Forrest Gump soundtrack :lol:

I imagine I've seen Predator and Jaws, but I can't say I recall them. With some exceptions, I don't remember a terrible lot of what I saw prior to turning 15 in any substantial detail, though.

Now onto I Am The Walrus.

Jaws is a flat-out classic and Predator's a great deal of action-y fun - I could see you maybe liking the former, not so much the latter.

I can't recommend Fight Club and Raging Bull enough. They're two of the best films I've ever seen and high up on my favorites list.

Hazy Shade of Winter :up: I think I've actually heard this song before, but I almost feel like it's some really weird reason that I've heard it...like it was on Ozzy's cover album or something.

:hmm: not sure about this Zoo song :lol: I like the music a lot though.

I love those covers LMP :up:

Yessir, thank ya, sir.

El-Mel, I really like Cat Stevens. I don't see what's the big deal about it. The F'lips' "Fight Test" is essentially a rip of the classic "Father and Son" - hearing that got me interested in him in the first place.

I know I Am The Walrus is meant to be a piss-take ... but still, the vocals are on the road to sounding like they're on helium.

Question: Is there something like a Coldplaystart.com?

Coldplaying.com?

"I Am the Walrus" is supposed to be end of the unusual slant of the list and "And It Rained All Night" is the first of the semi-serious tracks. It enters Soundscape** territory here, folks... hope it doesn't suck all of the fun out of the proceedings though.

**Fuck that shit.

Jaws is a flat-out classic and Predator's a great deal of action-y fun - I could see you maybe liking the former, not so much the latter.

I can't recommend Fight Club and Raging Bull enough. They're two of the best films I've ever seen and high up on my favorites list.

You think I'm not into action movies? Actually, I love some good action. Always a good bit of escape if nothing else. My fiction writing for a couple of years was balls-to-the-wall action too.

Thom Yorke is a very mediocre artist.

Can't say I'm too familiar with Moby's work. Am I the only person who didn't buy Play or something?

Raging Bull is awesome. Probably my favorite DeNiro film. :up:

Hazy Shade of Winter :up: I think I've actually heard this song before, but I almost feel like it's some really weird reason that I've heard it...like it was on Ozzy's cover album or something.

:hmm: not sure about this Zoo song :lol: I like the music a lot though.

Yeah, HSOW has been covered like crazy. S&G's version kind of rocks though.

At The Zoo has a killer melody...with some stupid lyrics.

You think I'm not into action movies? Actually, I love some good action. Always a good bit of escape if nothing else. My fiction writing for a couple of years was balls-to-the-wall action too.

Yeah, I didn't figure you for the mindless action lovin'-type. Glad to be wrong though. :)

Holy Shit, that scared the crap out of me. I didn't hear Sound of Silence in Save The LIfe of My Child the first time :faint: (yes I'm listening to the album again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom