Mount Gay, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recognize the name, but I'm not familiar with it. Must be from the EP, as I'm not as familiar with those songs.

Yep, it's from Reset.

"Control" and "Plan B" are the real winners from that group, but I couldn't fit them in here anywhere.

By "that group" I assume you mean the songs from the Reset EP?

Yes, sorry for the confusing terminology. I'm really excited for their sophomore album, even without hearing them play xylophone in a bathroom.

They really do have the energy of Early U2... something Chris Martin and others have been trying to capture for ages, but just can't get, you know?

Seriously it felt so wrong and right at the same time :lol:

This is the mellower music I expected now, not saying that them not being mellow is bad. Just unexpected :lol:

It's one of the weaker songs on the album, and it's still great.

America is an absolute classic. I managed to fit it onto a future DI list.

It's one of the weaker songs on the album, and it's still great.

America is an absolute classic. I managed to fit it onto a future DI list.

I'm looking forward to it, it was a GREAT song.

I'm trying to figure out if I can get the Sound of Silence into a list. Don't know if I have enough to go along with it.

Oh, I remember this Gorillaz song. Didn't like it when it came out. Still don't like it.

And I've never been able to take Gorillaz seriously anyway.

I'm looking forward to it, it was a GREAT song.

I'm trying to figure out if I can get the Sound of Silence into a list. Don't know if I have enough to go along with it.

Don't have enough what? Slower acoustic tunes? :hmm: It's worth it anyway.

God, Overs is depressing. Beautiful though.

Oh, I remember this Gorillaz song. Didn't like it when it came out. Still don't like it.

And I've never been able to take Gorillaz seriously anyway.

It's an interesting experiment, to say the least. Yeah, I do get what you mean though. Not a big fan of the first album save for a few tracks, but Demon Days is one of my favorite albums of the decade, so there's that.

Don't have enough what? Slower acoustic tunes? :hmm: It's worth it anyway.

God, Overs is depressing. Beautiful though.

Seriously that was kinda sad, but good.

Yeah about the slower Acoustic. I think I could make it work though.

and wtf is up with Voices of Old People :lol:

It's an interesting experiment, to say the least. Yeah, I do get what you mean though. Not a big fan of the first album save for a few tracks, but Demon Days is one of my favorite albums of the decade, so there's that.

Some of their songs, I haven't minded beyond the "I can't take the whole concept of the 'band' seriously" factor. Oddly enough, though, I'm finding the track you've used to be less appealling than I remember it being.

Now onto Panda Bear.

Some of their songs, I haven't minded beyond the "I can't take the whole concept of the 'band' seriously" factor. Oddly enough, though, I'm finding the track you've used to be less appealling than I remember it being.

Now onto Panda Bear.

"Hong Kong" is a track by them I think you'd really enjoy.

Panda Bear... like I said earlier, it's like if Brian Wilson showed up on Earth from the future to show everyone how to be groovetastic. Even if it's a side project, I like that album more than any other Animal Collective album, I know that much.

Seriously that was kinda sad, but good.

Yeah about the slower Acoustic. I think I could make it work though.

and wtf is up with Voices of Old People :lol:

Dooooooooooooo it!

Voices fits into the aging concept, but obviously isn't anything musically. It fits in great though.

This Panda Bear track is ... unusual.

I can see why certain indie elitist sorts have gushed over this.

Now that the next song has started yeah, it fits really well.

This is a sad song too...I love it :uhoh:

I'm almost teary-ish. I have a soft spot for this kind of thing for whatever reason.

BTW, I will keep feeding you these 60's classics if you wish. I've got a ton of 'em.

I'm almost teary-ish. I have a soft spot for this kind of thing for whatever reason.

BTW, I will keep feeding you these 60's classics if you wish. I've got a ton of 'em.

I love sad music.

I think that's why TUF is my favorite song. You have no idea how it makes me feel when I listen to it late at night.....that sounds weird out loud.

If you're sending, I will recieve ElMel. This might be one of the first full albums (beatles aside) I've finally had a chance to listen to and I just can't even get enough.

I love sad music.

I think that's why TUF is my favorite song. You have no idea how it makes me feel when I listen to it late at night.....that sounds weird out loud.

If you're sending, I will recieve ElMel. This might be one of the first full albums (beatles aside) I've finally had a chance to listen to and I just can't even get enough.

:lol: Do you? Have you ever heard Beck's Sea Change? That's my favorite album of the decade and is one of the most crushingly sad albums ever crafted by the hands of man. LMP can vouch for its greatness.

Another album I'll pass your way is Love's Forever Changes, which is widely regarded as a dark 60's classic, and I'm fond for it as well. Very much in the S&G vein, but slightly tougher.

Fakin' It is perfect.

Oh, now he's excited about listening to a song he's heard a hundred times before. :wink:

Because it's awesome and the first prog song ever made (or at least the first prog song on the first prog album) and all that good stuff.

Oops, I read this as things you had done, and I was wondering why you'd happily admit all this to us.

:lol:

Tourist was making me feel bad, so I went back to see how sleazy I really was. Didn't seem so bad after all. I mean, a few wacky nights that weren't a regular event. The rest, not too uncommon for the times :reject:

A few things I'm not proud of, but hey. That's life! :D

TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY SCHIZOID MAN!

Hell yeah.

Crazy-wrapped in a thick awesome sax-flavored candy shell.

Another fun fact, here's where the covers came from, if you haven't guessed yourself:

Hollywood Freaks - Predator ('87)
Comfy in Nautica - Jaws ('75)
Blow Out - Fight Club ('99)
That's Entertainment - Raging Bull ('80)

:lol: Do you? Have you ever heard Beck's Sea Change? That's my favorite album of the decade and is one of the most crushingly sad albums ever crafted by the hands of man. LMP can vouch for its greatness.

Another album I'll pass your way is Love's Forever Changes, which is widely regarded as a dark 60's classic, and I'm fond for it as well. Very much in the S&G vein, but slightly tougher.

Fakin' It is perfect.

Fakin' It was awesome...Punky might've been the one thing I haven't liked so far

And Jesus Christ I love Mrs. Robinson.

I don't know about Beck...perhaps I could listen to this one album , give him a chance ya know.

And ElMel you are made of win, if you need anything let me know

Crazy-wrapped in a thick awesome sax-flavored candy shell.

Another fun fact, here's where the covers came from, if you haven't guessed yourself:

Hollywood Freaks - Predator ('87)
Comfy in Nautica - Jaws ('75)
Blow Out - Fight Club ('99)
That's Entertainment - Raging Bull ('80)

Ha, I was actually just going to ask you.

21CSM goes well into the Mingus track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom