Mount Gay, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's so bad about Unbreakable, or do you just hate Sam Jackson? ;)

It was mindnumbingly, agonisingly boring and went utterly nowhere. I saw it with a couple of friends much more into movies than I (though probably not on the level of you folk here), and at the end, we just looked at each other and simultaneously blurted out "that was shit", followed by a chorus of "worst movie I've ever seen".

I'm kinda sad you hated that so much PFan :lol: Oh well to each his own.

this baseball game put me in a bad mood...gotta find something happy

It was mindnumbingly, agonisingly boring and went utterly nowhere. I saw it with a couple of friends much more into movies than I (though probably not on the level of you folk here), and at the end, we just looked at each other and simultaneously blurted out "that was shit", followed by a chorus of "worst movie I've ever seen".

That's a common complaint.

I like the story, performances from the two leads, and direction, but can totally see what you mean. I didn't warm up to it until a second viewing, then I really liked it.

That's a common complaint.

I like the story, performances from the two leads, and direction, but can totally see what you mean. I didn't warm up to it until a second viewing, then I really liked it.

I'm thinking that maybe I should be fair and see it again. I think I was 14 when I saw it. But my opinions on movies have stayed very static and I really strongly hated it the first time, so I'm not sure if revisiting it would be the most productive use of my time when there are so many movies I'm sure to love that I haven't seen.

And this Hot Chip song is ... bothersome, and yet somehow catchy.

I'm probably off listening to Springsteen albums now. I think Nebraska will probably be it.

Night, all.

I think you'll be OK after the Panda Bear track.

Ah, now Panda Bear, there's a band I see indie wankers hyping but haven't listened to myself.

The spelling part of this Hot Chip track is easily the most annoying part.

I'm thinking that maybe I should be fair and see it again. I think I was 14 when I saw it. But my opinions on movies have stayed very static and I really strongly hated it the first time, so I'm not sure if revisiting it would be the most productive use of my time when there are so many movies I'm sure to love that I haven't seen.

And this Hot Chip song is ... bothersome, and yet somehow catchy.

Yeah, I wouldn't waste time over it. I'll re-visit movies I felt lukewarm on a few years back, Fargo for instance, and now I really love it. It's only natural you'll appreciate some work more over time, but to an extent, you know?

The lead singer's voice isn't the best, as El-Mel said earlier, but it's so goddamn catchy.

LM, I rented the Graduate Soundtrack btw. I'm about to rip it to the comp. I'll probably give it a listen later.

LM, I rented the Graduate Soundtrack btw. I'm about to rip it to the comp. I'll probably give it a listen later.

:drool: Oh man...Simon & Garfunkel

I'm going to send you a link to their album Bookends if I can find one. I've listened to that album as much as anything this year.

You know, I don't think I've ever heard a Beck track before.

If you've listened to any of El-Mel's lists, he's bound to have been on them. This is one of the more outlandish tracks I've heard from him.

:drool: Oh man...Simon & Garfunkel

I'm going to send you a link to their album Bookends if I can find one. I've listened to that album as much as anything this year.

:hyper:!

btw I don't remember who recommended a Elvis Costello album to me, but I forgot what the name of it was

That Ian McKellen Extras sketch is quite possibly one of the funniest things I've ever seen....ever.

If you've listened to any of El-Mel's lists, he's bound to have been on them. This is one of the more outlandish tracks I've heard from him.

Hm, so I must've then. Don't remember any, though.

Up to The Roots now. Can't say I dug the Beck track but it went with the Beastie Boys track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom