Mount Gay, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how every other track of Doolittle is off the fucking chain until you get to "Monkey", with some great stuff thrown in the middle:

Debaser - Beav's favorite song, I think
Wave of Mutilation
Here Comes Your Man
Monkey Gone to Heaven
and Hey

Are probably my 5 favorite Pixies tracks... on the same album. Fuck.

Beav also declared the album one of the top five ever out of America.

It seems it wouldn't be the worst thing if I stuck with this album for the Pixies. Certainly, there's other things better to go with before this.

*wanders back in from educating colleague on Gary Oldman, actor made of win*

Alright, guys, so I need some lulz. I've just had some bad news. Well, my best friend's life's gone to shit and I feel really terrible for him.

Gary Oldman kicks ass.

I'd go watch Derrick Comedy on YouTube.

You can use a Windows mouse and keyboard on a Mac, I've done it before, and most of the major programs work on Macs, too.

I hope I'm not sounding like one of those MACS ARE GOD-type of guys, but I haven't had any complaints about mine so far.

Either way, whether it's a Windows or Mac laptop, I'll have to get used to a new keyboard, so I suppose it's a non-issue. I love my current keyboard, but it's not a USB one and is truly a pain in the arse to plug in, so it'll stay permanently on this computer.

Nah, it's cool, and it seems I'm the person who's least enthusiastic about OS X out of everyone who's ever used it. It's a great OS, and I'm not saying it's worse than XP because it's not, but I find swapping programs to be slower (and that's a big thing for me, since I do a lot of it) and I'm just more used to XP, so I favour it.

Beav also declared the album one of the top five ever out of America.

It seems it wouldn't be the worst thing if I stuck with this album for the Pixies. Certainly, there's other things better to go with before this.

Surfer Rosa is pretty nifty. Their other albums have their share of awesome and fail-flat-on-its-face, but you can't fault them for trying. They're like The Clash of the late '80s, with less acclaim.

Either way, whether it's a Windows or Mac laptop, I'll have to get used to a new keyboard, so I suppose it's a non-issue. I love my current keyboard, but it's not a USB one and is truly a pain in the arse to plug in, so it'll stay permanently on this computer.

Nah, it's cool, and it seems I'm the person who's least enthusiastic about OS X out of everyone who's ever used it. It's a great OS, and I'm not saying it's worse than XP because it's not, but I find swapping programs to be slower (and that's a big thing for me, since I do a lot of it) and I'm just more used to XP, so I favour it.
:ohmy: you still have a ps/2 keyboard?

Surfer Rosa is pretty nifty. Their other albums have their share of awesome and fail-flat-on-its-face, but you can't fault them for trying. They're like The Clash of the late '80s, with less acclaim.
The Clash? :hyper:

That's cool, I totally see where you're coming from there. When I made my switch, I was worried I'd have to learn all of these new programs, too, but the best stuff (MS Office, Photoshop, etc...) has a version for OS X, so that's cool.

Both my cubicle mate and I agree. This post is WIN.

I'm glad. :up:

They piss me off. Being excited for a film is one thing, but hating on people for reviewing a film that most haven't seen yet unfavorably is ridiculous. The retarded vitriol Rotten Tomatoes is a good example of this.

All I know Ian is that the All Star game needs to end...just not right now, next inning in the top half perhaps.

It's cause NSw is there...probably having a flipping fantastic time...laughing at me watching the game on my compute.r..that bastard.

I think so. They've got that frantic vibe to their music and were at the forefront of a new trend (Punk/New Wave for The Clash; Grunge Rock for The Pixies). That's cool enough for me.
Ooh, cool. I've only heard good things about them, so I think I'm going to pick up an album when I go to the record store. What's a good one to start with?

Ax, before you give my list a spin, just know that the 4-sided split is arbitrary. I couldn't space them on 2 discs (1st set of songs was too long), so it put it in an LP format. Try and listen to them within the context of 9 and 18-song sets if you can, if that makes any sense.

:ohmy: you still have a ps/2 keyboard?

No idea what it's called, but the cable end is circular and it has a lot of little prongs.

I know either the keyboard or my old mouse is actually broken, and it's a miracle it ever plugged into the computer when I got to Melbourne. I've been too afraid to unplug either since, in the fear it won't plug back in. The mouse is actually still plugged in and shoved around the back, now that I have my nice, fancy USB mouse.

Ooh, cool. I've only heard good things about them, so I think I'm going to pick up an album when I go to the record store. What's a good one to start with?

Surfer Rosa, their debut, or Doolittle, one of my favorite albums of all-time, are good starts. :up:

Hey, Andrew, while you're here, can I get you to do the purity test again? I don't have you on the master list, and now that you're engaged, you've lost at least one point since last time anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom