Mount Gay, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, I just bought that yesterday. Was it worth the 14 bucks?

I'd rent it, but I wouldn't buy it. Good stuff though, seems like a decent lead-in to The Dark Knight, but not what I was expecting.

It's no Animatrix, I'll tell you that much.

Sounds like it could have been just about any Coldplay song.

I heard it on the radio in a buddy's car. There weren't really any discernable drums, from what I could tell. It's just not something I'd heard before.

Photoshop is awesome and you can do pretty much any type of photo alteration/manipulation with it. I know the basics, but that's about it.

I've seen it used once. We had a skit for history in which we were assigned characters and we had to meet at a dinner party. I was Andy Warhol, and the host of the party was Billy Graham, an evangelical preacher. So, I came up with the idea of giving him a housewarming gift of a pop art Jesus. I got a guy in the group to make one with Photoshop.

Everytime I think of DI4, I like my list less and less. It was just way too serious, it borderlined on pretentiousness. I feel like it was a total waste of Station to Station as an opener, too, as that's my favorite Bowie track.

That's what gets me excited about DI5. This list is much more loose, much more accurate of what I wanted for all this.

I give you guys a lot of credit. Your determination in catching up with so much old rock is impressive, to say the least. It's a daunting task because there is so much and it's been ongoing for 40 + years. On top of the fact, you guys watch so many movies too. And I'm guessing most of your peers are not really into this style of music, so it kinda sets you apart.

Just thought I'd mention that. I'm mostly referring to LMP, Phillyfan, LM, Bono212 and a few others I can't remember, who I believe are mostly still in your teenage years or early 20's. It's nice to see people exploring & interested in the past, even though it may not be very stylish to most in your age group. Big :up: for you guys & girls.

I give you guys a lot of credit. Your determination in catching up with so much old rock is impressive, to say the least. It's a daunting task because there is so much and it's been ongoing for 40 + years. On top of the fact, you guys watch so many movies too. And I'm guessing most of your peers are not really into this style of music, so it kinda sets you apart.

Just thought I'd mention that. I'm mostly referring to LMP, Phillyfan, LM, Bono212 and a few others I can't remember, who I believe are mostly still in your teenage years or early 20's. It's nice to see people exploring & interested in the past, even though it may not be very stylish to most in your age group. Big :up: for you guys & girls.

Aww Hardy :cute: you just made me feel all like, warm and fuzzy inside or something :lol:

Just thought I'd mention that. I'm mostly referring to LMP, Phillyfan, LM, Bono212 and a few others I can't remember, who I believe are mostly still in your teenage years or early 20's. It's nice to see people exploring & interested the past, even though it may not be very stylish to most in your age group. Big :up: for you guys & girls.

Thanks, man.

I'll go for anything that's good or looks like it appeals to me, regardless of its age. It sucks to see people my age reject good stuff because of that, but it's bound to happen. Luckily, most of my friends are pretty open minded and like some of it. If they don't... I just head here. :)

:hug: I appreciate the pat on the back.

It's fun to listen to that kind of music. Personally, I find it more daunting to keep up with everything new in the world of music. It's a fun break to go back and dig up, say, an old Can record that you haven't heard, or someone even more obscure, and find out what you love about it and how it relates to what you're hearing today.

LMP, have you listened to Hercules And Love Affair's debut album? I highly recommend it to you if you haven't. It's dark, funky disco-inflected dance music that I'm really digging.

I can tell you for sure it would never have happened without this forum. Not only has it given me the means, it's given me the motivation. I'd not have wanted to experience all that much new music without a feeling of being very left behind that I got from these competitions and discussion/chat threads.

Certainly, none of my peers are pushing me towards listening to full albums by R.E.M. or David Bowie. :lol:

LM, LMP, and I are all 17, by the way. Hence, the Three Musketeers.

Thanks, man.

I'll go for anything that's good or looks like it appeals to me, regardless of its age. It sucks to see people my age reject good stuff because of that, but it's bound to happen. Luckily, most of my friends are pretty open minded and like some of it. If they don't... I just head here. :)

Most of my friends, unfortunately, are very dismissive of what I listen to. I tolerate some of their better picks, but they're not impressive in their listening.

The lead singer of Pixies enjoys screaming, two tracks in.

I dig the pronounced bass and edgy guitar.

Yep, I'm sadly past being a teenager now :sigh:

I must say that Interference does have a lot to do with why I got into some more obscure bands, but my Dad is all the reason why I will never be all that into current music.

I throw my parents under the bus on the issue of music, but they deserve it: one ignores it, and one likes Christmas music. No base for me to build on.

LMP, have you listened to Hercules And Love Affair's debut album? I highly recommend it to you if you haven't. It's dark, funky disco-inflected dance music that I'm really digging.

No I have not, thanks for the recommendation.

The lead singer of Pixies enjoys screaming, two tracks in.

I dig the pronounced bass and edgy guitar.

I like how every other track of Doolittle is off the fucking chain until you get to "Monkey", with some great stuff thrown in the middle:

Debaser - Beav's favorite song, I think
Wave of Mutilation
Here Comes Your Man
Monkey Gone to Heaven
and Hey

Are probably my 5 favorite Pixies tracks... on the same album. Fuck.

ahh, so you mean you became boring :wink:

hellz no! :lol:

We had plenty of fun for many years, but then 'LilPal came along. So things had to be toned down a bit, if ya know what I mean.

Ok, so now all this talk has me thinking obscene thoughts & memories. Lila may be in trouble later :evil: :drool:

Khan, I'm sure she will thank you later :shifty: :wink:

*wanders back in from educating colleague on Gary Oldman, actor made of win*

Alright, guys, so I need some lulz. I've just had some bad news. Well, my best friend's life's gone to shit and I feel really terrible for him.

Back. :wave:

Dishes for the fail, but at least the kitchen now looks a bit cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom