Mount Gay, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother's determined to wait as long as she can on the laptop because she thinks if I get it too early it will become outdated too quickly.

Hah, that thought goes through my head every time I think about a new computer too. I need to get a laptop for Honours year and postgrad, my time at the Royal Historical Society taught me that, and my mother's quite agreeable to helping out with the purchase. She actually wanted to get me one for last Christmas but a digital camera was higher on my priorities then.

But I have no idea what I want. I think I'd prefer a Windows, but XP, not Vista. Vista can go fuck itself. I find XP easier to use and more user-friendly for what I do than Mac OS X, though it may just be what I'm comfortable with.

Yours is awesome enough to stand on its own, mine was just a direct dig. I still love the Billy Dee cover though.

If I decide to keep the alternate list, I very well may take the best part of that list and fuse it with some other things I've been working on.

Everytime I think of DI4, I like my list less and less. It was just way too serious, it borderlined on pretentiousness. I feel like it was a total waste of Station to Station as an opener, too, as that's my favorite Bowie track.

That's what gets me excited about DI5. This list is much more loose, much more accurate of what I wanted for all this.

:yippee: I got to 14 percent. Thank god for the last 14 questions, only answered affirmative to 5 of them. Though a couple probably could go either way, I gave myself the benefit of the doubt. :D

I guess that was quite a decade :ohmy: :)

:lol: Wow. Jen's going to be so jealous when she sees the masterlist now! I think it was bad enough for her when Carlos equalled her on 19% - she's now down to 17%.

Hah, that thought goes through my head every time I think about a new computer too. I need to get a laptop for Honours year and postgrad, my time at the Royal Historical Society taught me that, and my mother's quite agreeable to helping out with the purchase. She actually wanted to get me one for last Christmas but a digital camera was higher on my priorities then.

But I have no idea what I want. I think I'd prefer a Windows, but XP, not Vista. Vista can go fuck itself. I find XP easier to use and more user-friendly for what I do than Mac OS X, though it may just be what I'm comfortable with.

What do you do, Ax? Since Macs use Intel stuff now, you can probably set up a partition to run both XP and OS X on it. I don't wanna touch that shit, but it's cool.

Everytime I think of DI4, I like my list less and less. It was just way too serious, it borderlined on pretentiousness. I feel like it was a total waste of Station to Station as an opener, too, as that's my favorite Bowie track.

That's what gets me excited about DI5. This list is much more loose, much more accurate of what I wanted for all this.

That's how I feel about my DI3 list, actually. Great songs were used in the wrong way. I don't want to say "wasted", but they weren't to their full potential, you know? I kind of feel the same way about my DI4 list - it's good, but isn't too memorable.

The Alternative list has its share of fun, but it was also a cool creative exercise, too. My one goal is to never come across as pretentious with a list, hopefully I haven't yet.

I can't see tomorrow or the next day being a problem. I figure if I'm around tomorrow night, you can, if not, go with LM.

I'll be interested to see your reaction to the changes in mine this time around. It's quite a different piece.

And there's still one thing on my iPod left before the incident: Doolittle by Pixies. Running diary now?

Righto, that sounds fine by me.

As for now, keep the thread alive with a diary while I sod off and do the dishes. I'm having a surprisingly productive afternoon right now. Just washed and hung the laundry and cleaned some of the bathroom. Better keep going while I feel motivated! See you folk in probably 20 minutes. :wave:

This was the first post that popped up when I clicked the thread, I swear.

So, really, what's up with all the Coldplay-hating in the world?

Because, like, some people don't care for them and stuff.

This forum makes me hate them more each day, and I liked Viva La Vida.

I can see her point. I ended up getting the "lowest end" Pro, but with a memory upgrade to 4 GB. Everything runs flawlessly, and it'll make editing a hell of a lot easier. I'm hoping this will get me through college, which sounds reasonable, but after that, I'll be on my own. Technology's gonna keep moving along faster and faster, but this is awesome to use for now.

I'm still wary of whether it's worth it to learn how to use a Mac, despite its benefits.

My one regret of high school is being unable to get into any video production classes, but PA's law about physical education and health classes made it a mess to schedule. I really enjoy that, but, alas, it was not to be.

I'm still wary of whether it's worth it to learn how to use a Mac, despite its benefits.

My one regret of high school is being unable to get into any video production classes, but PA's law about physical education and health classes made it a mess to schedule. I really enjoy that, but, alas, it was not to be.

I slowly learned how to use a Mac in TV Prod, but not too well. It took me about a week to get the hang of my laptop, but it's been gravy ever since.

Having programs like Photoshop, MS Office, Firefox, iTunes, etc... work on it really help.

What do you do, Ax? Since Macs use Intel stuff now, you can probably set up a partition to run both XP and OS X on it. I don't wanna touch that shit, but it's cool.

Mainly just writing, Internet, my photography, and music. I'd definitely partition a Mac if I got one.

I'm more comfortable with Windows keyboards and mice, for one thing. Though my mouse is a USB cordless mouse, so I imagine I could use it with any laptop.

Anyway, off to the dishes I go. :down:

:shocked: :hi5:

I wonder what Lila's score is... :hmm: :wink:

Screwtape2: 98%
U2democrat: 95%
major_panic: 94%
phillyfan26: 84%
bono_212, COBL_04, coolian2, Lemonchick, unico: 83%
LemonMelon: 82%
jobob: 79%
Alisaura: 77%
LemonMacPhisto: 73%
JanuaryStar: 72%
GibsonGirl: 71%
Serena Vox: 70%
Axver: 69%
partygirlvox: 68%
Pearl: 67%
dianepm: 63%
bono_man2002, RegularBonoFan: 62%
The Sad Punk: 60%
corianderstem: 56%
blueeyedgirl, indra, Lila64, TranceEnding: 55%
RavenBlue: 54%
Zootlesque: 53%
No Spoken Words: 52%
DreamOutLoud13, liamcool: 50%
Its Britastic!: 48%
Eazy-V: 43%
the tourist was 40-50%?
KhanadaRhodes: 41%
BoMac, phanan: 40%
elevated_u2_fan: 38%
Angela Harlem: 34%
cinnaminson: 33%
gluey, LarryMullen's POPAngel: 28%
Dalton: 25%
Varitek: 23%
RedRocksU2: 19%
mysterious_jen: 17%
hardyharhar: 14%

Anyway, this time I'm leaving for real. Damn addictive Superthread.

Mainly just writing, Internet, my photography, and music. I'd definitely partition a Mac if I got one.

I'm more comfortable with Windows keyboards and mice, for one thing. Though my mouse is a USB cordless mouse, so I imagine I could use it with any laptop.

Anyway, off to the dishes I go. :down:

You can use a Windows mouse and keyboard on a Mac, I've done it before, and most of the major programs work on Macs, too.

I hope I'm not sounding like one of those MACS ARE GOD-type of guys, but I haven't had any complaints about mine so far.

My friend runs them both on his Mac....it's kind of earthshattering to watch at first, but they seem to both work correctly and such.

I'm watching that Batman: Gotham Knight vid right now, and it's pretty cool so far. Deadshot's turned up! Deadshot!

The animation's really slick, most of the stories are cool, and it's always good hearing Kevin Conroy as Batman.

Go for it.

Will begin as soon as I quote many posts and reply.

XP >>> Vista. Everyone knows it, though.

I'm not at all familiar with Macs, except from occasional use in elementary school.

Ugh screw you Dave Uggla...I dont' even know who you are.

Dan Uggla, that is, and he plays second for Florida. Chase Utley would kick his ass in a fight, though.

That's how I feel about my DI3 list, actually. Great songs were used in the wrong way. I don't want to say "wasted", but they weren't to their full potential, you know? I kind of feel the same way about my DI4 list - it's good, but isn't too memorable.

The Alternative list has its share of fun, but it was also a cool creative exercise, too. My one goal is to never come across as pretentious with a list, hopefully I haven't yet.

Yeah, it's not wasted. It's just, I feel like I could use it much better now, with more experience and more music.

Righto, that sounds fine by me.

Alright.

This was the first post that popped up when I clicked the thread, I swear.

Because, like, some people don't care for them and stuff.

This forum makes me hate them more each day, and I liked Viva La Vida.

I heard Viva La Vida, the song, for the first time today. Or, I think it was. Is it just Martin singing over a string section?

I slowly learned how to use a Mac in TV Prod, but not too well. It took me about a week to get the hang of my laptop, but it's been gravy ever since.

Having programs like Photoshop, MS Office, Firefox, iTunes, etc... work on it really help.

I've never used Photoshop, I've never had it. I imagine that would be fun and useful.

I hope I'm not sounding like one of those MACS ARE GOD-type of guys,

There are definitely more irritating Mac owners out there. And I don't feel the need to punch you in the face like I do Dodgeball-whatshisface-Maccommercial Guy. So, no you aren't coming off as one of those, at least to me.

I've never used Photoshop, I've never had it. I imagine that would be fun and useful.

Photoshop is awesome and you can do pretty much any type of photo alteration/manipulation with it. I know the basics, but that's about it.

You can use a Windows mouse and keyboard on a Mac, I've done it before, and most of the major programs work on Macs, too.

I hope I'm not sounding like one of those MACS ARE GOD-type of guys, but I haven't had any complaints about mine so far.

I know a few Macs Are God types. It's quite annoying, as well as pretentious, which is quickly becoming the word of the evening, for me.

I want to punch Evan Longoria in the face because his name is just THAT close to be Eva longoria

There are definitely more irritating Mac owners out there. And I don't feel the need to punch you in the face like I do Dodgeball-whatshisface-Maccommercial Guy. So, no you aren't coming off as one of those, at least to me.

MY COMPUTER IS BETTER

BECAUSE IT JUST IS

YOU PIECE OF SHIT

I'm watching that Batman: Gotham Knight vid right now, and it's pretty cool so far. Deadshot's turned up! Deadshot!

The animation's really slick, most of the stories are cool, and it's always good hearing Kevin Conroy as Batman.
Dude, I just bought that yesterday. Was it worth the 14 bucks?

I know a few Macs Are God types. It's quite annoying, as well as pretentious, which is quickly becoming the word of the evening, for me.

Oh man, it's like a cult.

My ease with a Mac is probably a split between the improved memory and the operating system. I would've probably stayed with Windows if I didn't love Final Cut so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom