Mount Gay, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey LMP! :wave:

You going to be hanging around? I was thinking I'd give your DI list a spin soon. Got to make lunch and do the dishes first, so I thought I'd download it then and running diary-ise it afterwards, if you're going to be here.

So with a new city comes a new library card, and I have finally received mine. Aside from several books, I checked out 10 cds which I will now be ripping to my computer:

Crowded House ~ Time On Earth
The Graduate OST
Springsteen ~ Live in New York
The Essential Bruce Springsteen
Springsteen ~ Hammersmith Odeon
Tom Petty ~ Into The Great Wide Open
3 Doors Down ~ 17 Days
Springsteen ~ 18 Tracks
Tom Petty ~ Hard Promises
The Rolling Stones ~ Beggers banquet

Springsteen FTW.

nm jc hbu? = Nothing much, just chilling. How about you?

Great news! Are you guys going to get a replacement computer?

I asked my father and he, naturally, gave a sarcastic reply about moving my computer back downstairs to be used as a family one.

I quickly defended myself, saying no one in the house has the patience for my computer but me.

You going to be hanging around? I was thinking I'd give your DI list a spin soon. Got to make lunch and do the dishes first, so I thought I'd download it then and running diary-ise it afterwards, if you're going to be here.

I'll stick around until 3, at the latest. Sounds good to me.

I quickly defended myself, saying no one in the house has the patience for my computer but me.

I think you guys should get a new computer. My old one was a Dell. It was fairly decent (Win XP, Pentium 4, 512 MB RAM) and only cost about $600, pretty nice for a desktop.

I'll abbreviate the occasional "btw" and "lol," but not much more than that.

I think the only one I've ever used is "brb". Oh, wait, back in 2002-03, I'd use "lol", then one of my friends and I decided we used it too much and should find something else to say.

I'll stick around until 3, at the latest. Sounds good to me.

3 my time or yours? If yours, then cool.

Is this going to be the original or the new, alternate version?

Just didn't get a confirmation/rumor on the final decision.

I'm starting Phase 2: Operation Fiscal Jackhammer tomorrow, in an attempt to re-format the family computer for iTunes and get all the music back. At that point, I'll figure out how it will do with downloads. It's an XP with IE7, so there could be security issues. We'll see.

I think the only one I've ever used is "brb". Oh, wait, back in 2002-03, I'd use "lol", then one of my friends and I decided we used it too much and should find something else to say.

3 my time or yours? If yours, then cool.

My time. I can push it for DI purposes though. :)

"brb" is another one I'd do, occasionally.

Is this going to be the original or the new, alternate version?

Just didn't get a confirmation/rumor on the final decision.

I'm starting Phase 2: Operation Fiscal Jackhammer tomorrow, in an attempt to re-format the family computer for iTunes and get all the music back. At that point, I'll figure out how it will do with downloads. It's an XP with IE7, so there could be security issues. We'll see.

New, Alternate, McAwesomesauce version. The other major change is the lack of Screwy jokes, I think it's for the best.

Nice plan of action. Maybe you can download Firefox slyly to help you out.

I think you guys should get a new computer. My old one was a Dell. It was fairly decent (Win XP, Pentium 4, 512 MB RAM) and only cost about $600, pretty nice for a desktop.

I'm sure we are.

Our computer set up was, my father's computer and a family computer in one room, and then mine in my room. My father's is toast, which leaves the family one and mine. If he gets a replacement, we'll be back to normal.

The plan for the future is for my parents to buy me a laptop and for this computer to move to my 15 year old brother's room. Which will make things ten times easier because I won't have to change computers to use iTunes and do downloads.

Ax, just let me know when you want to listen to mine, and I'll make sure it's a night where I can stay up.

I'm leaving for New York City a week from today.

I'm sure we are.

Our computer set up was, my father's computer and a family computer in one room, and then mine in my room. My father's is toast, which leaves the family one and mine. If he gets a replacement, we'll be back to normal.

The plan for the future is for my parents to buy me a laptop and for this computer to move to my 15 year old brother's room. Which will make things ten times easier because I won't have to change computers to use iTunes and do downloads.

Sounds solid. I'd been begging for a MacBook Pro for a while. It was originally going to be a college gift, but I convinced them it'd be good for video editing this year. Plus, the wireless internet and it being a laptop means I'd see them more (I'm in my room a lot), so they really dug that.

Macs are the shit and easy to use, but my dad thinks it's like some voodoo trickery or something.

Ax, just let me know when you want to listen to mine, and I'll make sure it's a night where I can stay up.

I'm leaving for New York City a week from today.

I'd like to listen to all three of yours, LMP's, and LM's this week. Any night in particular suit you best?

New, Alternate, McAwesomesauce version. The other major change is the lack of Screwy jokes, I think it's for the best.

Nice plan of action. Maybe you can download Firefox slyly to help you out.

I can't help but enjoy my title and concept, despite its vague reference to The Screw.

I can't help but enjoy my title and concept, despite its vague reference to The Screw.

Yours is awesome enough to stand on its own, mine was just a direct dig. I still love the Billy Dee cover though.

If I decide to keep the alternate list, I very well may take the best part of that list and fuse it with some other things I've been working on.

Sounds solid. I'd been begging for a MacBook Pro for a while. It was originally going to be a college gift, but I convinced them it'd be good for video editing this year. Plus, the wireless internet and it being a laptop means I'd see them more (I'm in my room a lot), so they really dug that.

Macs are the shit and easy to use, but my dad thinks it's like some voodoo trickery or something.

:lol: I can relate, I'm in my room a lot. Also, the computer makes my room about five degrees hotter than the rest of the house, and it pisses my mother off.

My mother's determined to wait as long as she can on the laptop because she thinks if I get it too early it will become outdated too quickly. I kind of see the point, but really just want the fucking laptop. I'm on a computer where I can't use iTunes and I can't run more than one or two programs at a time.

I'd like to listen to all three of yours, LMP's, and LM's this week. Any night in particular suit you best?

I can't see tomorrow or the next day being a problem. I figure if I'm around tomorrow night, you can, if not, go with LM.

I'll be interested to see your reaction to the changes in mine this time around. It's quite a different piece.

And there's still one thing on my iPod left before the incident: Doolittle by Pixies. Running diary now?

:lol: I can relate, I'm in my room a lot. Also, the computer makes my room about five degrees hotter than the rest of the house, and it pisses my mother off.

My mother's determined to wait as long as she can on the laptop because she thinks if I get it too early it will become outdated too quickly. I kind of see the point, but really just want the fucking laptop. I'm on a computer where I can't use iTunes and I can't run more than one or two programs at a time.

I can see her point. I ended up getting the "lowest end" Pro, but with a memory upgrade to 4 GB. Everything runs flawlessly, and it'll make editing a hell of a lot easier. I'm hoping this will get me through college, which sounds reasonable, but after that, I'll be on my own. Technology's gonna keep moving along faster and faster, but this is awesome to use for now.

I can't see tomorrow or the next day being a problem. I figure if I'm around tomorrow night, you can, if not, go with LM.

I'll be interested to see your reaction to the changes in mine this time around. It's quite a different piece.

And there's still one thing on my iPod left before the incident: Doolittle by Pixies. Running diary now?

Go for it.

Now I'll have to look up some laws to see if Kate and I broke any! :lol:

Which makes me think that maybe the Superthread Purity Test should ask a question about whether you've broken any laws unrelated to sex and drugs. The original had a generic "charged with a crime" that we could perhaps use.

Good luck with the test there. :lol: Here's the link if you need it.

:yippie: I got to 14 percent. Thank god for the last 14 questions, only answered affirmative to 5 of them. Though a couple probably could go either way, I gave myself the benefit of the doubt. :D

I guess that was quite a decade :ohmy: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom