Mount Gay, West Virginia Superthread - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-15-2008, 04:49 PM   #46
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I do recall being tough on your DI3 list, but looking back on it, it was quite impressive. If anything, I think it was a nice move towards a new direction. Your DI4 has probably aged worse because it's kind of the same old, same old. These two DI5 lists though...flow-wise, they're the best you've done so far, no question, so you're moving in the right direction for sure.

Just think, if I'm harsh on you, imagine how tough I am on myself. I spend hours moving things around to get them like that.
I look back on the DI3 and wish I could've done some things differently, but like you said, it was a step in a new direction. Song-wise, it still holds up. The DI4 doesn't stick because the song quality just isn't there in as much abundance as the others. Thanks, I think the second half will win you over to this list over the last one.

Oh, I like this sort of stuff, don't worry about that. Yeah, I spend too much time on these kinds of things, too. It's the frustrated musician in me at work, I guess.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict
 
Gluey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cattle Class
Posts: 15,477
Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
hi kim! happy birthday
Aww thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Hey, glues.
How you doin'?
__________________

__________________
Gluey is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #48
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 09:20 PM
I'm alright, gonna go out and chill with some friends tonight. You?
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:54 PM   #49
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
I look back on the DI3 and wish I could've done some things differently, but like you said, it was a step in a new direction. Song-wise, it still holds up. The DI4 doesn't stick because the song quality just isn't there in as much abundance as the others. Thanks, I think the second half will win you over to this list over the last one.

Oh, I like this sort of stuff, don't worry about that. Yeah, I spend too much time on these kinds of things, too. It's the frustrated musician in me at work, I guess.
Remember, I weigh lists with more atmospheric songs differently than lists that don't have them, because they naturally flow together more easily (the second LP is a good example of this). So yeah, this one is flowing better, but like you said, the second half is the litmus test.

Because you sent this over to me, I think I'll send that list I showed you last night your way, because I think (and this isn't just me hyping things up) that it'll be your favorite of the lists I've made by a wide margin. Even DI3. It's a rare example of a person digging up their best set of songs 4 lists in.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:55 PM   #50
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
VP's. It's really good.
better than mine?
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:57 PM   #51
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Remember, I weigh lists with more atmospheric songs differently than lists that don't have them, because they naturally flow together more easily (the second LP is a good example of this). So yeah, this one is flowing better, but like you said, the second half is the litmus test.

Because you sent this over to me, I think I'll send that list I showed you last night your way, because I think (and this isn't just me hyping things up) that it'll be your favorite of the lists I've made by a wide margin. Even DI3. It's a rare example of a person digging up their best set of songs 4 lists in.
I think the 3rd and 4th LPs flow* better, so there's that. My goal is to make something fun, improve from my last list, and surprise some people a bit, all while keeping my head out of my ass.

Please do. Your DI3 was one of my favorite lists ever, so that'll be hard to top. I'll probably do a running diary of it tonight.

*WTF?
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #52
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
I think the 3rd and 4th LPs flow* better, so there's that.

Please do. Your DI3 was one of my favorite lists ever, so that'll be hard to top. I'll probably do a running diary of it tonight.
Awesome.

I'll see what I can do. I need to get all of the MP3s together. You'll probably have to do it tomorrow night, but no biggie.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,061
Local Time: 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
better than mine?


Tough to say. Both lists have awesome parts and some stuff I don't like.

It will be an interesting round when you two go head to head.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:59 PM   #54
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post


Tough to say. Both lists have awesome parts and some stuff I don't like.

It will be an interesting round when you two go head to head.
i'm gonna lose, i just know it.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:59 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict
 
Gluey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cattle Class
Posts: 15,477
Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
I'm alright, gonna go out and chill with some friends tonight. You?
Going with the flow today...Mr G is working an all nighter so I don't even get to go out for dinner and drinks!!!

Oh well....he'll just have to make up for it later
__________________
Gluey is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:59 PM   #56
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Awesome.

I'll see what I can do. I need to get all of the MP3s together. You'll probably have to do it tomorrow night, but no biggie.
Okay, cool. I'm down for whenever.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 05:00 PM   #57
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluey View Post
Going with the flow today...Mr G is working an all nighter so I don't even get to go out for dinner and drinks!!!

Oh well....he'll just have to make up for it later
That stinks. There have been drunkposters, maybe you could be the first Midway-through-celebratory-birthday-sex-poster. Drop some purity points for yourself and a few people, maybe even Mr. 99.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 05:00 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,061
Local Time: 10:20 PM
Continuing here...

Squeeze was great after The Buzzcocks, and the live version of Life During Wartime owns the original. Good choice using the edit from the Best Of so it fades out cleanly.

And good thing someone put B-52's on here. Worthy of inclusion.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 05:02 PM   #59
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,061
Local Time: 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i'm gonna lose, i just know it.
I wouldn't be so quick to say that.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 05:03 PM   #60
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Okay, cool. I'm down for whenever.
You're going to love the Smokey Robinson - Quiet Storm--->Outkast - Da Art Of Storytellin' double punch. It's not a very funky list, but it has its moments.
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com