Mount Gay, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WYD just pisses me off because it's being given so many legal and economic privileges by the government. Sure, go ahead, hold whatever religious festivals you like, but the government shouldn't be financially sustaining it and laws certainly should not be stifling others' right to freedom of speech.

WYD = excuse for Catholics to parade around and pretend they're important. Honestly, if I were down in Sydney I'd be with the protesters.

I KNEW you were an Anglican type the moment I saw you! :wink:

:laugh: As I said last night when I remarked that I was an Anglican before an atheist, the great part about being an Anglican is that you get a bet both ways.

WYD = excuse for Catholics to parade around and pretend they're important. Honestly, if I were down in Sydney I'd be with the protesters.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I'd be there handing out condoms.

... partly because I'd have no use for them myself. :(

Also, I watched the Dark Knight earlier today. Review's in the Zoo Station "the Joker" thread if you're interested.

Damn, and I was doing so well not posting too much.

Have fun killing this thread, ima get some sleep.

I suppose so. The church I went to displayed a statue of the Virgin that was a gift from the local Catholic church, but I don't think that really meant anything.

Incidentally, I have a funny story.

My sister is sewing a particularly difficult cross stitch of the last pope for her friend. Her friend recently dropped out of the whole religion thing, and my sister doesn't want to keep the pope because...who would? But her friend is still going to WYD and was on the front page of the local paper still being quite supportive of the whole religion thing - likely because he's head boy (I think!) at a particularly religious school.

It amuses me, anyway.

Incidentally, I have a funny story.

My sister is sewing a particularly difficult cross stitch of the last pope for her friend. Her friend recently dropped out of the whole religion thing, and my sister doesn't want to keep the pope because...who would? But her friend is still going to WYD and was on the front page of the local paper still being quite supportive of the whole religion thing - likely because he's head boy (I think!) at a particularly religious school.

It amuses me, anyway.

:laugh:

I can't believe anybody is actually going to WYD. Who the hell spends shitloads to sleep at Randwick Raceway and say prayers they could say at home? Wowz0rz teh Popez0r will lead the prayer! Great. I could get an old geezer down the road to say the prayer and it would have the same effect.

Hah, Catholics.

I always thought that Anglicans would've forged an identity for themselves, rather than identify as either Catholic or Protestant.

:laugh:

I can't believe anybody is actually going to WYD. Who the hell spends shitloads to sleep at Randwick Raceway and say prayers they could say at home? Wowz0rz teh Popez0r will lead the prayer! Great. I could get an old geezer down the road to say the prayer and it would have the same effect.

I'm amused the whole stage setup I've seen on TV rivals the Vertigo Tour stage.

COOL JESUS AND A SHOW!

Hah, Catholics.

I always thought that Anglicans would've forged an identity for themselves, rather than identify as either Catholic or Protestant.

I identified as Protestant for the most part, but as I drifted away, I identified solely as Anglican to distance myself from Protestant's extremists. I think Anglicans are happy having a bet both ways, really.

I'm amused the whole stage setup I've seen on TV rivals the Vertigo Tour stage.

COOL JESUS AND A SHOW!

This just reminds me of megachurches in the US. You could go one way down the road and get to a 20,000 seater basketball arena where U2 are playing tonight, or go the other way and arrive at a megachurch seating 30,000 where Jeebus wants YOU to buy a new gold-plated Bible and tithe ten percent so that we can keep persecuting teh gheyz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom