Mount Gay, West Virginia Superthread - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #31
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Yeah, I get that. It's strange in playlist form though. If it were on LP as intended, it would come across a lot better. This is the same problem I had with I&L's DI4 list, except on a smaller scale. Their list was so damn segmented that listening to it in playlist form was one big WTF, because the sections didn't fit together at all.

At least your list is a good time for all, while theirs had that heavyhanded concept.
I see what you're saying.

I think the first 2 and last 2 sections match up in a double album format, too. I would've gone with that, but the first disc went over the 80 min. frame and I didn't want to change anything.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #32
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
YLB likes to party.
Of course I do, I'm awesome as shit.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #33
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Of course I do, I'm awesome as shit.
You're a terrible stuntman!
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:32 PM   #34
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
You're a terrible stuntman!
He's driving in circles!
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:32 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict
 
love_u2_adam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Heaven In Alberta, Where We Got All Hell For A Basement..
Posts: 22,307
Local Time: 01:02 PM
LOL im bored as sheep..... ^^ i knew a stuntman once...lol good times
__________________
love_u2_adam is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #36
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
I see what you're saying.

I think the first 2 and last 2 sections at least match up in some way, but it is a bit segmented. I would've gone with a 2-disc thing, but the first disc went over the 80 min. frame and I didn't want to change anything.
I don't care for literal splits between sections, if you can't tell. Just my personal preference. I did a 2 disc on the DI5 I'm entering, but those keep their mood throughout the entire discs, and there are only two of them, so the complaint doesn't really apply.

II B.S.--->Walrus = iffy segue, I know what you were going for, but it's a little jumpy
Walrus--->Rained All Night = excellent immediate segue, but it throws the list off track a bit
Rained All Night--->One Of These Mornings = fantastic segue; the keyboards really help it out
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,065
Local Time: 02:02 PM
After Precious came Regatta de Blanc, a kick ass instrumental. I don't think it worked very well after Precious, but it's great nonetheless.

The Blondie track was meh. Blondie is an artist, like The Cars, where they have awesome singles and perhaps a few great album cuts, but after that, it's mostly filler on the albums.

Rudie Can't Fail. Again, a bit awkward after the Blondie song, but what an excellent tune.
__________________
phanan is online now  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:38 PM   #38
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I don't care for literal splits between sections, if you can't tell. Just my personal preference. I did a 2 disc on the DI5 I'm entering, but those keep their mood throughout the entire discs, and there are only two of them, so the complaint doesn't really apply.

II B.S.--->Walrus = iffy segue, I know what you were going for, but it's a little jumpy
Walrus--->Rained All Night = excellent immediate segue, but it throws the list off track a bit
Rained All Night--->One Of These Mornings = fantastic segue; the keyboards really help it out
Right. I remember you being critical of my DI3 list, which had the same idea, but was pretty badly executed in retrospect.

I like the idea of starting out with one mood and having it go in a completely other direction by the end of it. For example, the first half (Freaks and Nautica) is pretty electronic and proggy and whatnot, going from dance-y music to more manipulated iterations of the same idea. By the end, you get to Please and it makes sense. Like I said, the 4-sided idea came out of necessity and wanting to making fun covers out of them. In the end, the only changes that matter are within the 18 songs of each set.

Thanks. That section in particular is a little jumpy, but the rest is pretty good, I think.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:38 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict
 
Gluey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cattle Class
Posts: 15,477
Local Time: 08:02 AM
Morning All!!
__________________
Gluey is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #40
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 01:02 PM
Hey, glues.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:44 PM   #41
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 01:02 PM
phanan, what playlist are you listening to?
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:44 PM   #42
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 01:02 PM
hi kim! happy birthday
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #43
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Right. I remember you being critical of my DI3 list, which had the same idea, but was pretty badly executed in retrospect.

I like the idea of starting out with one mood and having it go in a completely other direction by the end of it. For example, the first half (Freaks and Nautica) is pretty electronic and proggy and whatnot, going from dance-y music to more manipulated iterations of the same idea. By the end, you get to Please and it makes sense. Like I said, the 4-sided idea came out of necessity and wanting to making fun covers out of them. In the end, the only changes that matter are within the 18 songs of each set.

Thanks. That section in particular is a little jumpy, but the rest is pretty good, I think.
I do recall being tough on your DI3 list, but looking back on it, it was quite impressive. If anything, I think it was a nice move towards a new direction. Your DI4 has probably aged worse because it's kind of the same old, same old. These two DI5 lists though...flow-wise, they're the best you've done so far, no question, so you're moving in the right direction for sure.

Just think, if I'm harsh on you, imagine how tough I am on myself. I spend hours moving things around to get them like that.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:47 PM   #44
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,065
Local Time: 02:02 PM
After The Clash was The Boomtown Rats. Bob Geldof in all his glory.

Never heard this song before, actually. It's ok, I'm not into them that much.

XTC fucking rocks, though. I almost had Senses Working Overtime on my list, but it got cut at the last minute.

And you get major props for including Alice Cooper in his new wave phase. Clones is so cool.

I totally forgot about Adam & The Ants. Good call on this one. And then of course into The Buzzcocks, a song our lists share.

All of these went into each other very well, too.

Squeeze now.
__________________
phanan is online now  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:48 PM   #45
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,065
Local Time: 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
phanan, what playlist are you listening to?
VP's. It's really good.
__________________

__________________
phanan is online now  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com