Mount Gay, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely used something in DI II, but I forget what. Haven't used any Drake tracks for DI III-V, though.

Yep, it was "For the Morning," with emphasis on the lowercase 't' in 'the'.

I got an email from the tutors for one of my papers this semester. It was a mass email telling us about films we may need to see for the paper.

This sounds promising to me, I just hope they suggest albums too so that I can lurn more music by force, since I'm sadly probably too lazy to do so otherwise.

Have a good one, Traviud. :wave:

LMP, up to Sufjan Stevens now. Not sure I'd heard anything by The Shins before, but their track wasn't bad and kept things going well. Not keen on Sufjan.

Yep, it was "For the Morning," with emphasis on the lowercase 't' in 'the'.

We've had this argument before that full capitalisation of titles is acceptable in most forms of English, and I would argue more logical and helpful to the reader.

Have a good one, Traviud. :wave:

LMP, up to Sufjan Stevens now. Not sure I'd heard anything by The Shins before, but their track wasn't bad and kept things going well. Not keen on Sufjan.

That's cool. Speaking of Nick Drake, this Soofaloof track reminds me of something off of Five Leaves Left.

We've had this argument before that full capitalisation of titles is acceptable in most forms of English, and I would argue more logical and helpful to the reader.

I know, I was just giving you a hard time. :)

Tomatoes, tomahtoes.

LMP, this is totally random but I am sorry I reported your post a few days ago. What you did was wrong but I think you are a good person even when you don’t show it. I know everyone hates hearing it but I see the good in you. You could make fun of me for the rest of eternity and I would still see the good in you. The truth is you make fun of me on a daily basis but even as much as you hurt me or ever could, I will stop thinking of you as a good person. I wouldn’t have reported the post if it were Axver, LemonMelon, Pfan and so on. You will make fun of me as long as I am here. I accept that. That shouldn’t allow me to get mods involved. The truth is I saddened more by how you are turning away from the good in you to hurt me than what you say to me. Nothing will change how I think about you. You are a good person inside. Anyways, I’m sorry.

I think the only Shins song I know is Phantom Limb, and I know that because it's been on like 10,000 DI lists...

Yes...10,000

Damn, you've some good flow going between these songs, LMP. Sufjan --> Simon & Garfunkel --> The Kinks works really well. Quite enjoying this Kinks track too.

LMP, this is totally random but I am sorry I reported your post a few days ago. What you did was wrong but I think you are a good person even when you don’t show it. I know everyone hates hearing it but I see the good in you. You could make fun of me for the rest of eternity and I would still see the good in you. The truth is you make fun of me on a daily basis but even as much as you hurt me or ever could, I will stop thinking of you as a good person. I wouldn’t have reported the post if it were Axver, LemonMelon, Pfan and so on. You will make fun of me as long as I am here. I accept that. That shouldn’t allow me to get mods involved. The truth is I saddened more by how you are turning away from the good in you to hurt me than what you say to me. Nothing will change how I think about you. You are a good person inside. Anyways, I’m sorry.

Okay.

You don't have to apologize for that, it's your right to report whatever you want. The fact that you didn't get fussy about it until I did it bothered me, but I don't care enough to give much of a shit. Why you hold me in a different regard than the others, I don't know.

Also, this "I see the good in you" talk is incredibly frustrating. I'm not some fucking hardened criminal with no good emotion in me at all. Using that term is almost as insulting as the jokes thrown your way in the first place. About that, I find most of what you do comical. That won't change either. It's immature, but again, I don't care anymore. I'm not your friend, you don't have to mince words with me like this. You keep coming into this thread basically begging everyone to have a conversation with you, and out of politeness, they answer. It's not my place to say who should or should not post here, even if I have in the past, but I think it's fairly clear that it would be best for everyone if you posted elsewhere from here and just let it rest, please. There was a point where I cared, but in the end, what is it worth?

Damn, you've some good flow going between these songs, LMP. Sufjan --> Simon & Garfunkel --> The Kinks works really well. Quite enjoying this Kinks track too.

Thank ya, sir. It's the finale, man, gotta pull out all of the stops. :)

Nice work on getting something to lead well into Eclipse, LMP. :up:

Nice work on getting something to lead well into Eclipse, LMP. :up:

Thanks, it was tricky. The Polyphonic Spree's "Light and Day / Reach for the Sun" almost made it - the irony between titles was an added bonus. The problem was that the gap between the two tracks was too long (4-5 seconds).

Not to rush you, but I'm gonna have to jet after your final assessment.

What Kinks song are you using here? And what S &G leads into it :hyper:

I noticed the Darjeerling movie had lots of Kinks in it (I think it was Darjeerling). I like the way a lot of current movies are exposing these underexposed bands. :yes:

So, final thoughts.

I'm pretty impressed with the way you've put the tracklist together. I think it has the best flow, cohesion, and similar asteriskwtfy qualities out of any of your playlists that I've heard. I was skeptical at the start, but it quickly picked up. Great integration of a wide variety of music; never once was I sitting around thinking "where the fuck did this come from?" Well, maybe except for The Goat Song, for obvious reasons! :lol: On a personal tastes level, there was something I could enjoy in each quarter, and I probably liked the second quarter most, though I also feel favourably towards the fourth. Also a lot I didn't like, unsurprisingly, especially in the first quarter, which is definitely the weakest part of the whole thing.

Final score: B- tending B.

What Kinks song are you using here? And what S &G leads into it :hyper:

I noticed the Darjeerling movie had lots of Kinks in it (I think it was Darjeerling). I like the way a lot of current movies are exposing these underexposed bands. :yes:

Wes Anderson's a pro at that. I read that he originally wanted Beatles tunes exclusively for Darjeeling, but it would've been too expensive. I wish he could've used them in The Royal Tenenbaums, too.

S&G's "Old Friends / Bookends" going into The Kinks' "Shangri-La."

So, final thoughts.

I'm pretty impressed with the way you've put the tracklist together. I think it has the best flow, cohesion, and similar asteriskwtfy qualities out of any of your playlists that I've heard. I was skeptical at the start, but it quickly picked up. Great integration of a wide variety of music; never once was I sitting around thinking "where the fuck did this come from?" Well, maybe except for The Goat Song, for obvious reasons! :lol: On a personal tastes level, there was something I could enjoy in each quarter, and I probably liked the second quarter most, though I also feel favourably towards the fourth. Also a lot I didn't like, unsurprisingly, especially in the first quarter, which is definitely the weakest part of the whole thing.

Final score: B- tending B.

A B? Holy shit. Thanks again for taking the time out to listen to it. I really am glad that you found stuff you liked and hopefully I'll feel the same way about your list. :up:

It'd be best if I used this for DI5 instead of the other list, you'd agree?

Wes Anderson's a pro at that. I read that he originally wanted Beatles tunes exclusively for Darjeeling, but it would've been too expensive. I wish he could've used them in The Royal Tenenbaums, too.

S&G's "Old Friends / Bookends" going into The Kinks' "Shangri-La."

Excellent! Shangri-la alternates as my favorite Kinks song with Waterloo, Days, eh, many others. But the greatest la-la-la chorus of all Kinks songs :up:

Excellent! Shangri-la alternates as my favorite Kinks song with Waterloo, Days, eh, many others. But the greatest la-la-la chorus of all Kinks songs :up:

It's up there with "This Time Tomorrow," "Strangers," and "All Day and All of the Night" as one of my favorite Kinks tracks, too.

Did you like Darjeeling, btw?

A B? Holy shit. Thanks again for taking the time out to listen to it. I really am glad that you found stuff you liked and hopefully I'll feel the same way about your list. :up:

It'd be best if I used this for DI5 instead of the other list, you'd agree?

No problem, I had a good time. You know what you're doing with this stuff for sure, and I think you're onto a winner with this list, especially the second and fourth quarters (not just from my own tastes, but because I think they also work the best in terms of tracklist cohesion). I think you're pretty much bordering on the highest mark I'd give to something without a stack of tracks that appeal to my personal tastes. A is for something where I love both tracks and cohesion, while B either I love the tracks and cohesion is somewhat there, or I love the cohesion and the tracks don't send me over the edge. :wink:

I don't think there's anyone left here that would appreciate this comment but:

For You live at Hammersmith f'in owns. I think it's so much better slowed down like this, and that's saying a lot since For You was already one of my top tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom