Mount Gay, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I was thinking of calling it quits after "The Goat Song," but I guess I'll stick around 'til the end and see the final assessment.

So I just read a letter in the paper that was a really good commentary on violence in New Zealand, up until the conclusion. The conclusion was, and I'm paraphrasing here, New Zealand needs more God!

So close, yet so far.

Because that's totally why the US has no murders and has never gone to war with anybody.

Eh, I was thinking of calling it quits after "The Goat Song," but I guess I'll stick around 'til the end and see the final assessment.

I'm definitely feeling more favourable this time around! :lol:

This Flaming Lips track isn't bad. Nice melody.

I f'ing love White Rabbit.

Good Humor Man and Bummer In The Summer :up: this album's getting better as it goes along

Good to know. You'll dig Surrealistic Pillow. Embryonic Journey is a classic instrumental.

The Love album proper ends at You Set The Scene, BTW. The rest are bonus tracks.

I'm definitely feeling more favourable this time around! :lol:

This Flaming Lips track isn't bad. Nice melody.

If you can survive "The Goat Song" and the the 1st LP, I think you're ready for anything.

Speaking of Brian Wilson comparisons, The Soft Bulletin is the best album the Beach Boys never made.

Jen, you may be interested in the 14% he hasn't done.

Here's the breakdown, most of it done decades ago :ohmy:

Things I haven't done: Committed bestiality, visited orgy parlour, fondled pre-pubescent, been masterbated by same sex partner, orally stimulated same sex partner, sadomasochism, incest, sex with unconscious person, transvestitism, experimented before puberty, accept homosexual proposition, accept prostitute proposition, arrested.

The rest of it isn't too bad, is it? I did live in a college dorm :)

:D

If you can survive "The Goat Song" and the the 1st LP, I think you're ready for anything.

:lol: I can't believe I sat through the whole Goat Song. That was hard on the ears. And I listen to fuckin' death metal! But I wanted to know how it ended ...

:lol: I can't believe I sat through the whole Goat Song. That was hard on the ears. And I listen to fuckin' death metal! But I wanted to know how it ended ...

I wish there was a death metal section to that. It would've really fucked with your mind.

Good to know. You'll dig Surrealistic Pillow. Embryonic Journey is a classic instrumental.

The Love album proper ends at You Set The Scene, BTW. The rest are bonus tracks.

I'll quite here then :lol: perhaps save that bonus stuff for another day.

Plus I'd like to end with thissong, it's so good.

I'll quite here then :lol: perhaps save that bonus stuff for another day.

Plus I'd like to end with thissong, it's so good.

Man, I'm glad you're digging this. There are so many great chilled-out records in the 60's and 70's.

I haven't even mentioned Nick Drake yet. Oh my gourd.

"Beverly Penn" hits those Springsteen-esque heights I wish Arcade Fire could get to someday. The closest they've gotten to doing that is "Rebellion," which is pretty damn close.

Man, I'm glad you're digging this. There are so many great chilled-out records in the 60's and 70's.

I'll just let you know now, what I've heard of Nick Drake has NOT impressed me.

Oh man, he was gone way, way too soon. All three of his albums are classics.

I'll just let you know now, what I've heard of Nick Drake has NOT impressed me.

Ah, but what have you heard? Pink Moon is waaaaaaaaaay too dark for most people.

Five Leaves Left on the other hand...gorgeous strings crossed with his strong songwriting. That's what I'll be sending you.

I wish there was a death metal section to that. It would've really fucked with your mind.

:laugh:

"Beverly Penn" hits those Springsteen-esque heights I wish Arcade Fire could get to someday. The closest they've gotten to doing that is "Rebellion," which is pretty damn close.

Huh, see, Antichrist Television Blues just came on and I think it feels very Springsteeny, moreso than Beverly Penn, but then I'm not the most knowledgeable person about Springsteen's music in the first place.

Huh, see, Antichrist Television Blues just came on and I think it feels very Springsteeny, moreso than Beverly Penn, but then I'm not the most knowledgeable person about Springsteen's music in the first place.

Oh, it most definitely feels like a Springsteen song. I wish I could hear him do a cover of it, that would pwn. It takes off for sure, but I think "Beverly Penn" gets to 11, you know? The sax/piano combination is what does it for me.

This stretch of songs you've just hit is the main reason why I'm most likely going to switch playlists.

Ah, but what have you heard? Pink Moon is waaaaaaaaaay too dark for most people.

Five Leaves Left on the other hand...gorgeous strings crossed with his strong songwriting. That's what I'll be sending you.

This would require investigation :hmm: I've heard what's been on desert island tracks, mostly sticking out in my mind is "Free Ride"

Antichrist Television Blues definitely has one hell of a Springsteen vibe, which makes me think a bit less of it just because I don't think it does enough to be an Arcade Fire song.

This song by The Jam isn't a bad one. I've heard of them plenty, but haven't actively listened to them despite Liam's encouragements that I should.

This would require investigation :hmm: I've heard what's been on desert island tracks, mostly sticking out in my mind is "Free Ride"

Yep, that's Pink Moon. I loooooooooooooooooooove that album and include it in my top 50 all-time, but it really isn't for everyone.

As far as Pink Moon goes, I think Road is the place to be, and if I remember correctly, I wasted it on the first DI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom