Mount Gay, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Beatles copied U2, you know. I mean, The Beatles did record with that Chris Thomas guy, right?

Clearly, the Beatles are hacks. Chris Thomas wasn't good enough for U2, so they ditch him and the Beatles just try to copy U2 by working with His Inferiorness to create bad reproductions of U2's material. I mean, have you heard their song, Help? Bono's been singing that live for years and they stole it! :down:

I've always liked Temple of Doom the best. Ever since I was very small. I just watched all three of them recently and enjoyed it the best again. And yes, Alien over Aliens for me.

Cool. It's my least favorite, but I still enjoy it very much.

The last 30 minutes of Alien is fucking killer, that's for sure. It's one of the best horror films ever, I wouldn't put it as an action film though.

That's alright.

I've been meaning to see The Great Escape for quite some time, and glowing opinions from both you and El-Mel is pretty awesome to see.

Have you finished the first half of the list yet?

Definitely see The Great Escape. I tend to watch it every year on my birthday because I enjoy it so much.

Yeah, just finished now. Definitely preferred the second half; the majority of it appealled to me. The Peter Gabriel track was interesting and well done, and led well from Killer to Please. And of course, I love Please. :drool:

Not into this Weezer song, though.

The last 30 minutes of Alien is fucking killer, that's for sure. It's one of the best horror films ever, I wouldn't put it as an action film though.

I lump any particular triology/series into one category/genre. The Alien series, to me, is action. And Alien is my favourite of the series. Therefore, to me, it qualifies. :wink:

Definitely see The Great Escape. I tend to watch it every year on my birthday because I enjoy it so much.

Yeah, just finished now. Definitely preferred the second half; the majority of it appealled to me. The Peter Gabriel track was interesting and well done, and led well from Killer to Please. And of course, I love Please. :drool:

Not into this Weezer song, though.

Thought you would. Did you think it worked as a 18 song set and as the different sections?

Like I said before, the first 18 tracks and last 18 tracks match up, so the segue from Please -> Greatest Man doesn't work at all.

I lump any particular triology/series into one category/genre. The Alien series, to me, is action. And Alien is my favourite of the series. Therefore, to me, it qualifies. :wink:

Oh, okay. I'd say Aliens and the abortion that was Alien: Resurrection count, but the first and third are pure psychological horror to me, with bits of action thrown in.

Thought you would. Did you think it worked as a 18 song set and as the different sections?

Like I said before, the first 18 tracks and last 18 tracks match up, so the segue from Please -> Greatest Man doesn't work at all.

Yes, it works as an 18 song set, and mostly as 9 song sections. I did kind of feel the last two songs of the first quarter are a bit out of place, though, if you just take those 9 by themselves. I really like how you've integrated all the different musical styles in those 18 tracks.

The Pavement track's alright, doesn't do much for me either way. Must warn you, I was never much a fan of The Replacements, especially not Bastards Of Young, and now whenever I hear it, I think of this one guy who I wish would die in a horribly fiery plane crash, so I'm kind of biased here.

Ah! I think I have actually heard it then. What I've heard from that soundtrack is pretty amazing.

Yes, it works as an 18 song set, and mostly as 9 song sections. I did kind of feel the last two songs of the first quarter are a bit out of place, though, if you just take those 9 by themselves. I really like how you've integrated all the different musical styles in those 18 tracks.

The Pavement track's alright, doesn't do much for me either way. Must warn you, I was never much a fan of The Replacements, especially not Bastards Of Young, and now whenever I hear it, I think of this one guy who I wish would die in a horribly fiery plane crash, so I'm kind of biased here.

Thanks, I'm glad you see and enjoy what I was going for there. Yeah, "Americans" does seem out of place in retrospect, but it was a cool lead-in to the Gorillaz track which led into the Panda Bear track, so it stuck.

Well that's nice.

Has anyone used a Radiohead track from Pablo Honey in a list before?

EDIT: both came from DI1 ("Anyone Can Play Guitar" and "Creep")

Thanks, I'm glad you see what I was going for there. Yeah, "Americans" does seem out of place in retrospect, but it was a cool lead-in to the Gorillaz track which led into the Panda Bear track, so it stuck.

Well that's nice.

Yeah, and it's not really that out of place. It's just most of your other segues are absolute winners and the flow* is quality that it sticks out a little when on most playlists, it wouldn't.

Oh, positively delightful, I know. But the arsehole spent two months deceiving me and then had the gall to expect me to be happy for him but not the courage to talk to me directly like a man, so to hell with him. And Bastards Of Young was the song he liked to use to try to push The Replacements onto me. Ah well, at least I'm conscious of the bias and know it's got fuck-all to do with the song itself, rather than all "raaahh this is shit and I don't have a good reason why but IT'S SHIT!"

*The fuck, people

I haven't listened to this album in ages, but you're right about Daily Planet, definitely.

Ah there we go, Old Man is much calmer than the first four tracks :lol: Not that I don't like louder stuff, I'm just in the mood for calm right now :shrug:

Ah there we go, Old Man is much calmer than the first four tracks :lol: Not that I don't like louder stuff, I'm just in the mood for calm right now :shrug:

This album is definitely beautiful. I have to be in the mood for it, but the best moments are :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:.

Have you heard Odessey And Oracle by the Zombies?

Yeah, and it's not really that out of place. It's just most of your other segues are absolute winners and the flow* is quality that it sticks out a little when on most playlists, it wouldn't.

Oh, positively delightful, I know. But the arsehole spent two months deceiving me and then had the gall to expect me to be happy for him but not the courage to talk to me directly like a man, so to hell with him. And Bastards Of Young was the song he liked to use to try to push The Replacements onto me. Ah well, at least I'm conscious of the bias and know it's got fuck-all to do with the song itself, rather than all "raaahh this is shit and I don't have a good reason why but IT'S SHIT!"

*The fuck, people

That's great to hear then. :up:

Haha, I hate when people ruin your liking of songs. It's unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom