Mount Gay, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the breakdown, most of it done decades ago :ohmy:

Things I haven't done: Committed bestiality, visited orgy parlour, fondled pre-pubescent, been masterbated by same sex partner, orally stimulated same sex partner, sadomasochism, incest, sex with unconscious person, transvestitism, experimented before puberty, accept homosexual proposition, accept prostitute proposition, arrested.

The rest of it isn't too bad, is it? I did live in a college dorm :)

:D

Things I haven't done: Committed bestiality, visited orgy parlour, fondled pre-pubescent, been masterbated by same sex partner, orally stimulated same sex partner, sadomasochism, incest, sex with unconscious person, transvestitism, experimented before puberty, accept homosexual proposition, accept prostitute proposition, arrested.

Oops, I read this as things you had done, and I was wondering why you'd happily admit all this to us.

Dang, it would take me just as long to type out what I have done. :lol:

Daaaamn, even with all that out, you got up to some funky stuff in the 70s.

This Ratatat track is ... weird. Liking it the most of anything so far.

So, Mute Math, I don't mind some of their songs. Though I've never really warmed up to their Sting-with-a-dry-throat vocalist.

This Ratatat track is ... weird. Liking it the most of anything so far.

Fun fact:

The cover for that section comes from a still of that song's music video, which uses footage from the badass action classic: Predator. That spawned the idea of having movie-related covers for the different sections.

So, that's one of the better Mute Math songs.

But oh dear, here comes Kanye.

That Kanye track seemed really forced lyrically, and musically just pasted on over the song it samples.

I remember it being better live when he opened for U2. Can't believe I just said that.

That Kanye track seemed really forced lyrically, and musically just pasted on over the song it samples.

I remember it being better live when he opened for U2. Can't believe I just said that.

What are your thoughts on the flow* so far? El-Mel seemed to like it up until the Diamonds -> Americans transition.

*WTF

Oh wow, that transition from the opening to the 2nd song was sweet. And this song is pretty rockin for the group that is :lol:

Wow, I'm Afraid Of Americans is Bowie?

Makes it all the more amusing to me that Bono once snippeted this in Discotheque.

What are your thoughts on the flow* so far? El-Mel seemed to like it up until the Diamonds -> Americans transition.

*WTF

I'd agree with Traviud. Things like Quills --> Mirando --> Peculiar People worked really well, but Diamonds --> Americans wasn't the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom