Mount Gay, West Virginia Superthread - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2008, 11:46 PM   #241
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
OK, off to have a lemonade flavored type popsicle and a computer break. And to watch TV and do my latest jigsaw puzzle. More than likely... BBL.

Have a good one; send me one of those lemonade ice blocks too!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-15-2008, 11:46 PM   #242
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:01 PM
THE HARD DRIVE IS SALVAGEABLE.

Fuck yes.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:49 PM   #243
Blue Crack Supplier

Also, the explosion was caused by one of the three USB ports. It's been broken and we hadn't used it. Turns out, it was broken enough that it sparked. I don't know the details, but the USB port was the second spitter.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:50 PM   #244
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardyharhar View Post
That's a fact, Jack

Well, if my girlfriend was under 18, and I was also, that's still statutory rape. Am I right?

Help me here, I need points where I can get them

And there should have been some sort of drug arrest along the way, that I somehow avoided.
Depends on the jurisdiction, doesn't it? I was under the impression that it's generally legal, but that it can be illegal for somebody between 16 and 18 to have sex with somebody under 16. I get the impression you may just be in the clear here, though.

Incidentally, anybody know how broad statutory rape laws are? It is just intercourse, or other things as well? Because Kate and I are nearly a year apart in age and we fooled around when I was 18 but she was 17 ... and I, unlike Mr Hardy here, could stand to lose a few points!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-15-2008, 11:51 PM   #245
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
THE HARD DRIVE IS SALVAGEABLE.

Fuck yes.
Excellent news.

Quote:
Also, the explosion was caused by one of the three USB ports. It's been broken and we hadn't used it. Turns out, it was broken enough that it sparked. I don't know the details, but the USB port was the second spitter.
Wow, the USB port? I can't say I was expecting that to be the source. I thought you were going to say it had overheated and the fan malfunctioned or something.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-15-2008, 11:53 PM   #246
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:01 PM
brb.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:54 PM   #247
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
brb.
k
Old 07-15-2008, 11:55 PM   #248
Vocal parasite

Quote:
brb.
No.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-15-2008, 11:56 PM   #249
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Excellent news.

Wow, the USB port? I can't say I was expecting that to be the source. I thought you were going to say it had overheated and the fan malfunctioned or something.
I was surprised too. My father was questioning us, wondering if any of us had tried using it.

It had a bent ... metal prong thingy. Whatever. It was like that for years. Something apparently bent it more and it sparked.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:57 PM   #250
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:01 PM
Quote:
Depends on the jurisdiction, doesn't it? I was under the impression that it's generally legal, but that it can be illegal for somebody between 16 and 18 to have sex with somebody under 16. I get the impression you may just be in the clear here, though.

Incidentally, anybody know how broad statutory rape laws are? It is just intercourse, or other things as well? Because Kate and I are nearly a year apart in age and we fooled around when I was 18 but she was 17 ... and I, unlike Mr Hardy here, could stand to lose a few points!
It definitely varies here, state to state. And some states include acts other than intercourse. And these days, the laws are certainly more strict now than in the 70's, when many non-adult high school kids were in technically illegal relationships.

I'd give myself the point Ax, but I did have a girlfriend not yet 18 when I was already 18. So there goes that. I'm gonna go back and check the test again, if I can find it. I know I can get in the teens
Old 07-16-2008, 12:01 AM   #251
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:01 PM
Quote:
Bloody hell, my Compaq laptop has a dud USB port
Old 07-16-2008, 12:04 AM   #252
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I was surprised too. My father was questioning us, wondering if any of us had tried using it.

It had a bent ... metal prong thingy. Whatever. It was like that for years. Something apparently bent it more and it sparked.
Wow. That just seems really strange.

:eyes USB ports warily:

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-16-2008, 12:05 AM   #253
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:01 PM
Quote:
No.
too bad.

and damn, i thought we had cookies. we don't
Old 07-16-2008, 12:07 AM   #254
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardyharhar View Post
It definitely varies here, state to state. And some states include acts other than intercourse. And these days, the laws are certainly more strict now than in the 70's, when many non-adult high school kids were in technically illegal relationships.

I'd give myself the point Ax, but I did have a girlfriend not yet 18 when I was already 18. So there goes that. I'm gonna go back and check the test again, if I can find it. I know I can get in the teens
Now I'll have to look up some laws to see if Kate and I broke any!

Which makes me think that maybe the Superthread Purity Test should ask a question about whether you've broken any laws unrelated to sex and drugs. The original had a generic "charged with a crime" that we could perhaps use.

Good luck with the test there. Here's the link if you need it.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-16-2008, 12:07 AM   #255
Vocal parasite

Quote:
too bad.

and damn, i thought we had cookies. we don't
I have double-choc Tim Tams. Aaaall mine.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread